MotownWebGuy

Who got tickets?

I have great seats...

I got second row......in my livingroom.

:classic:

I mean, it's like you're there, man... It's like you're there!

I have like, never not gotten tickets on tickemtaster until today. I was in instantly and they said nothing was there. It was suspicious

Originally posted by vasteras

I have like, never not gotten tickets on tickemtaster until today. I was in instantly and they said nothing was there. It was suspicious

I've bought tickets for one game in each of the last three rounds via Ticketmaster online and haven't had problems. It's just a matter of timing and a little luck.

Apparently there were only 2000 tickets available for each of the three finals games at the Palace. 1000 of those would be sold through the Palace and the other 1000 through Ticketmaster. When you combine the online sales with the sales at Ticketmaster outlets, that doesn't leave much available for purchase. If you didn't get any, it's not because of some scam, there just weren't any left or they were all tied up in other purchases.

Didn't get any.

This will be the first playoff round in the last three years that I didn't go to at least one game!

I started calling at 9:50 a.m. and hit redial continously. At 10:01 I got through and they told me they were out of tickets.

That shocked me quite a bit.

I wasn't suggesting there was actually a scam.

I've gotten tickets to Game 7 of the World Series, Stanley Cup clinching games, and virtually everything ever. This just seems like a strange one to get denied on. Oh well, not a big deal.

I know how you feel man. I was there right on and said nothing was there. I have a question say you were one of the individuals that waited in line at the Palace for tickets. They said only around 600 tickets were available online and 400 at the arena. Take those 400/6 and only 66 or so people can get tickets. You really think those 66 people got their 6 tickets within a minute? Doubt it very much and how would you feel if you were the 68th person and stood a very good chance of getting tickets but all the people in front of you bought 6.

Time isn't a factor. There were 1000 for each game available for those at the Box Office. Another 1000 available for thos going online. (Maybe the numbers were different but the point is, they segmented the allotment to distribution points). They did the lottery system. Each person that showd up got a #. The pistons selected a random number to start the beginning of the line. Person with that number is first in line. The person with the next number after the one chosen was second, etc. etc.

There was a 6 ticket limit for each person. That could be 6 for one game, 3 for 2 games, or 2 for 3 games.

I think the Pistons did it fairly.

Originally posted by Oblong

Time isn't a factor. There were 1000 for each game available for those at the Box Office. Another 1000 available for thos going online. (Maybe the numbers were different but the point is, they segmented the allotment to distribution points). They did the lottery system. Each person that showd up got a #. The pistons selected a random number to start the beginning of the line. Person with that number is first in line. The person with the next number after the one chosen was second, etc. etc.

There was a 6 ticket limit for each person. That could be 6 for one game, 3 for 2 games, or 2 for 3 games.

I think the Pistons did it fairly.

I called them yesterday and they said 200-400 tickets. Is it 1000 or 200-400?

I wasn't suggesting there was actually a scam.

I know this isn't want you meant, but from what I have read on message boards and heard on the radio, I think some people do believe there is some scam going on. The fact is this is the playoffs and now the NBA finals... Demand for tickets is far greater than the supply.

That said, I do believe there is some tricks to getting tickets online...

Originally posted by TigersMeow

I called them yesterday and they said 200-400 tickets. Is it 1000 or 200-400?

From yesterday's Detroit News:
2,000 tickets left for Palace

By Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

AUBURN HILLS — Get ready! Get set! Buy!

That’s the philosophy when it comes to grabbing tickets to Games 3, 4 and possibly 5 at The Palace for the NBA Finals next week.

The Pistons, who face the Lakers, will put 2,000 upper-bowl tickets at The Palace, at $75 apiece for each game, on sale beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday. Game 3 is Thursday, June 10; Game 4 is Sunday, June 13; and Game 5, if necessary, is Tuesday, June 15.

Of the 2,000 tickets, 1,000 will be sold through the Internet at www.detroitpistons.com.

“They’ll go in less than five minutes,” said Matt Dobek, vice president of public relations for the Pistons. “Probably by 10:01.”

Because some Pistons fans may not have Internet access, the other 1,000 tickets for each game will be sold at The Palace box office through a lottery.

Ticket buyers will receive a number, and at 9:30 a.m., numbers will be drawn to determine purchasing order.

Fans can buy as many as six tickets, but only for one game of the Finals.

“We’re family-oriented, and we figured four would not be enough, so we went with six,” Dobek said. “That was a conscious decision to make it work for families.”

Here is the direct link to the above article: http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0406/03/a01-171407.htm

I'll be in my usual seats, screaming at the fat-arse, the rapist (alleged), the cheap-shot bully, and the loud mouth idiot. I'll be rooting for the Pistons as well, btw. :cool:

GO PISTONS!!!

I'll be in my usual seats, screaming at the fat-arse, the rapist (alleged), the cheap-shot bully, and the loud mouth idiot. I'll be rooting for the Pistons as well, btw.

This one went over my head like a jet plane on a summer day!?!

I'll be in my usual seats, screaming at the fat-arse, the rapist (alleged), the cheap-shot bully, and the loud mouth idiot. I'll be rooting for the Pistons as well, btw

FAT ARSE= SHAQ

RAPIST = KOBE

CHEAP SHOT BULLY = MALONE

LOUD MOUTH IDIOT = ?PAYTON

Are you an ant biggie? lots of things go over your head like a plane on a summer day? just playin.

Originally posted by Betrayer

You got it, Utah.

I left out the Overrated Coach also.

I have tickets to two games so far. I'm looking forward to it in a big way. Not only of course do I want the Pistons to win, I have all the same feelings for the Lakers that you do. And I intend to make these feelings known while I'm there. I'm not usually an obnoxious fan but then the Lakers are an unusually obnoxious team to me :classic:

got two tickets via ticketmaster at 10 am for game 4

section 226 (18 bucks each!!!!!!!!!!)

this is awesome.

i was at game 6 too (best game/crowd) i have ever been to.

my throat still hurts and i must h ave busted 50 thunder sticks...

Any of you that have tickets might want to think about selling them on ebay if you think you can have just as much fun at home. They are going for 3-4 times face value right now.

Originally posted by B.Higginson

Any of you that have tickets might want to think about selling them on ebay if you think you can have just as much fun at home. They are going for 3-4 times face value right now.

It's also illegal to sell them above face value in the state of Michigan. As much as I would like to get an outrageous amount of cash for my tickets, I'd rather go to the game and enjoy the experience, then risk getting in trouble trying to profit.

Not true. Ebay has a site that lists the laws of each state regarding ticket sales. It's up to you to adhere to them. My friend makes a ton of money on tickets, and I've done it a few times. It's illegal to buy or sell in Michigan for over face value. It's done on ebay every day and nothing happens.

What my friend and I used to do was get out of state events, and he lives in Canada so he'd sell them at no risk at all. I hate when it's done for games I want to go to, but at the same time I don't blame someone for making over a thousand dollars for about 20 minutes work, especially if they do it in a legal way. I don't think we ever did any Detroit events. I bought tickets just to sell for the Packers-Bears Monday Night game last year. It's amazing how easy it is to justify it when you dislike the two teams involved.

There are a bunch of states with no laws at all concerning scalping, but most just say you can't buy or sell within the state

I believe the worst that happens is ebay takes them down.

A trick everyone uses is to just lie about the face value on ebay. Like two seats up top they'll put in "bids cannot exceed face value of $950" The people buying know they're lying