Ingefanclub

Ron Artest

Originally posted by B.Higginson

I would trade Artest for Chauncey or Tay or Corliss or all three in a heartbeat.

Then you have no idea what a team needs to win. Tay might not score a lot but he made the difference in the series. Well i guess Artest did too because he gave us the win in game 6 with his stupidity.

detroitfan197,

Artest is a fine player. Just a reminder - many people were questioning Rasheed's attitude too before he was a Piston. While we talked about when would Artest blow up in the series I'm sure Pacer fans were thinking the same about Rasheed.

WHat Artest was plain stupid, but it still doesn't take away that the guy is one darn good basketball player.

Yeah that showed during the series with his great shooting percentage and great shot selection. Boy he is real darn good i would love it if we gave up two of our starters for him. I mean he is so darn good.

Originally posted by detroitfan197

Yeah that showed during the series with his great shooting percentage and great shot selection. Boy he is real darn good i would love it if we gave up two of our starters for him. I mean he is so darn good.

Oh come on, he had a bad series. Yeah he had a bad offensive stretch, but we are a pretty good defensive team you know. Pretty much any NBA player has had a bad series in their career.

Originally posted by B.Higginson

I would trade Artest for Chauncey or Tay or Corliss or all three in a heartbeat.

Only Corliss.

detroitfan197,

Curious. How many people had a great offensive series in that INdy series for either team. The only one that got out unscathed I think was Hamilton.

So by your theory just about everyone else was headed to the scrap pile pretty much.

That was one of the toughest defensive series I've ever seen and Artest played a huge role in that as well. I agree the guy can be pretty wacko mentally but I don't think people are going to deny his talent - especially when you take both sides of the floor into consideration.

---------------

ADDITIONAL COMMENT

Talking about trading only Williamson for Artest is a moot point. Anyone would do it and no team in their right mind would make it. This is why I hardly ever post in trade talk stuff. It would take at least Prince or or Billups. I'm guessing more Billups than Prince as well. Indy probably needs guards and I could see Carlisle loving the idea of bringing him back to him (and I could see Billups loving it too). I don't think they would go for Prince even if some may think that he may have more value.

Dtropp, I don't think either team would ever do it either. I was just basing it on my own value system, and emphasizing that Artest isn't that hot of a commodity compared to Prince and Billups. Good post though.

I really don't know if Indy would go for Billups either. It would depend what they could do to improve its frontcourt before the season's start because losing Artest for Billups would be a very tough pill to swallow.

hey Droppens,

I never said the series wasn't a defensive battle. I was simply pointing out that Artest is an idiot AN IDIOT and he blew the whole series for them. Also I know that players will have struggles, Artest only made it worse by his horrible shot selection. Yes he plays good d but he only erases it by playing stupid on offense. Anybody who would trade Billups for Artest needs help.

Originally posted by DTroppens

WHat Artest was plain stupid, but it still doesn't take away that the guy is one darn good basketball player.

YEAH IT DOES!!