eastside billee

What really is the deal with Weaver?

Congrats, Billee. Maybe we should designate you official prognosticator of MotownTigers.com. :)

The rest of us make predictions, and are wrong a majority of the time. You must have the magic touch...now, call for a wild card spot!

Guest John Frink

Billee, is it too much to ask that Halter is traded and Simon hits 50 home runs?

I hope his confidence was really helped. I wouldn't have left him in for 110 pitches personally, but he was probably at only like 90 (just a guess) after 8 innings and it is tough to pull a guy at that point.

Dear Mr. Frink:

Halter will not be traded this season. Halter will go into a serious

hitting whirlwind - he will finish the season with 20 hrs. and a batting average around .300.

Simon will not hit 50 hrs., but he will hit between 25 and 30 and will average around .290.

I have not been on here since Weaver's shutout. It was great to see him pitch a game like that. Sorry for being so late.

Did I mention Weaver has still allowed 0 homers through 5 starts spanning over 30 innings? Keep it up!!!!!!

The shutout was against Kansas City and I think Mike Sweeney gave Weaver a little motivation to shut down KC. Wevers next start will be against the same Royals in Detroit. Another shutout???

Also...how about that swayback pitch...Weaver used it again!!! and got 2 strikeouts with it.

But the most important change....Weaver did not bend way down like he always does during his delivery. He may be on to something!