OldTimey

The Final, Last Ever, Randy Smith Thread

Originally posted by OldTimey

What is your definiti0on of a lie?

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

2 : to create a false or misleading impression

transitive senses : to bring about by telling lies <Randy Smith lied his way out of trouble>

Randy was doing neither with his statement. If he drafted and signed those players doesn't it make sene that he would elieve that they were good players that could help us win? The key word is that it has the intent to decieve. Randy did not have that intent with any of his statements.

I'm just an observer who posted Websters definition of the word lie. I think the confusion of the debate is that some of you are taking the postion of definition #1 whereas others are taking the #2 route.

Bla bla bla bla just shoot me now for for the last two posts. What has become of me. I'm a stats freak, not a word freak.

I guess my point is that Randy is stupid. He truly believes that we will win for a long time with what he has done. That is different than a lie, where he doesn't truly believe it but says it to be misleading.

I guess my point is that Randy is stupid.

Amen to that! I think that is something that we all can agree on! :)

Sheesh, I'll just stick to posting about UFO's, lawn mowers and pogo stix! ;)

Don't forget to wake me when the team that Randy provided wins the Pennant. Or, in 8 - 10 years - whatever comes first! :P

Did I say he was right? I don't believe I did. But to say that he lied shows absolutely no conept of anything at all.

Rumor has it that Randy Smith will take over the helm as the GM of the Montreal Expos.

That's the job he deserves. I'm sure he can turn that team around.