CaliforniaDreaming

Zzzzzzz......

Oh My God!!!! 4 days off between two games in the same city? And this is after 4 days off between series...this is just silly.

I am not a fan. I don't care to watch over paid, pot smoking, slam dunking, 50% freethrow shooting guys. I watch sportscenter and see ateam score 80 and get the W and I think wow they suck. So when all the teams do that I think wow this sport sucks.

Originally posted by 3M

I am not a fan. I don't care to watch over paid, pot smoking, slam dunking, 50% freethrow shooting guys. I watch sportscenter and see ateam score 80 and get the W and I think wow they suck. So when all the teams do that I think wow this sport sucks.

So, your purpose here is?

Really, your problem is that you watch sporstcenter, and not the games themselves. That show makes people think that each team only has one player.

If you did, you'd see the great defense that's played these days, and understand why teams are scoring 80 points instead of the high flying 120 of the ABA days.

So, your purpose here is?

This is where I come to get news on the Pistons hear what the fans have to say.

Really, your problem is that you watch sporstcenter, and not the games themselves. That show makes people think that each team only has one player

I have attempted to watch what Pistons games I can living here in Florida. I catch some of the other national games

If you did, you'd see the great defense that's played these days, and understand why teams are scoring 80 points instead of the high flying 120 of the ABA days.

Great defence isn't a guy missing an open jumper or field goal %'s going down.

4 teams this past year shot 45% or better, down from 10 in 01/02

I don't dispute your stats on shooting percentage. Frankly, I blame hte three point shot. Nobody works on a midrange shot anymore. Its bombs away from beyond the arc, or try to dunk it.

That said, defense is MUCH better today than in the past.

you obviously like the game of basketball, if you are even in here...so to say you don't care to watch isn't exactly accurate, now is it...

you give enough of a crap to check in with the Morons, so you can't be all that bitte about basketball

:classic:

I know alittle I supprt all Detroit teams but I would say I know alot. I don't buy much baseketball stuff.

I love everyone at Motownsports.com everyone that is back home in Michigan keeps me posted on what is going on.

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming

Come on now. The NJ schedule for the first 2 games is Monday/Friday! And those are two home games! How much travel time are they going to give them before game three? A week and a half?!? Even the players are saying its too long. Even true fans have to admit that is too long!

What can ya do? Sitting here crying about it does not solve anything. if it is to long of a break for you than don't watch it anymore!

Originally posted by detroitfan197

What can ya do? Sitting here crying about it does not solve anything. if it is to long of a break for you than don't watch it anymore!

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it to heart. But the problem isn't that I don't want to watch, I want to watch it more. Anyways, I've got to go buy myself some more kleenex since I'm going just be sitting here crying for a couple of weeks.

Shooting percentage is not that much worse than it was in any typical basketball year. Also, you have to account for the average increased height, weight and quickness of all the basketball players and think about how few shots are uncontested these days. Also you have to look at number of shot attempts and you'll understand THAT is why the scoring is down so much. Defense has made offensive possessions so important that everyone runs set plays these days and it slows everthing down.

I think this few years we are experiencing now is going to be an anomoly on the NBA radar. People are starting to recover from the luxery tax threshhold that was put into place a few years back and learning how to manipulate the salary cap. People are unloading contracts for nothing and rosters have had a lot of turnover lately. This has led to a lot of coaches being fired. This has lead to people unfamiliar with the systems they play in which leads to lower FG %. I think in about two years it'll be back to an average of around 45 or 46 %.