CaliforniaDreaming

Zzzzzzz......

This playoff schedule is killing me. I have lost virtually all interest in the NBA and even in watching the Pistons. I can't believe it is still he first series! Baseball has started, it is nice outside...I'm about done here unless the Pistons reach the finals. The NBA needs to do something about how long they drag this out!

TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't mind it at all. It's nice to be able to watch all the games in the 1st round. If you've lost interest then you weren't really a fan to begin with.

Originally posted by B.Higginson

TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't mind it at all. It's nice to be able to watch all the games in the 1st round. If you've lost interest then you weren't really a fan to begin with.

Well, I guess I'm not a fan. That's nice to know.

I love when people say things like "you're just not a real fan then". Who the hell are you to be the deciding factor on whether one person is a real fan or not. I'm a fan of the Detroit Pistons, I couldn't give a rats *** about the rest of the teams in the league. If Detroit got rid of their basketball team, it would be years if ever that I watched pro basketball again. These ridiculous lay offs do nothing but remove any kind of momentum that builds, tension that builds, excitement for the games. It's just lame.

I don't think any of your are fans. I didn't see any of you in Milwaukee Saturday! :classic:

California Dreaming,

I totally understand what you are saying. If the Pistons weren't my team I wouldn't watch the NBA playoffs either. Watch my posts go down to about 1 a day (if that) after the Pistons are out.

Here's a suggestion though. Just tape the game, don't go searching for the results and watch the game later when it's darker and colder outside. It works out great for me. Plus you get to fast forward all the commerical breaks and the halftime. I actually did that with Sunday's Tiger game and am watching it right now. I don't know the results (didn't put on any sports radio on the way home from Chicago) so I don't know the results. And this year I watched more Pistons games on tape about five hours later than live. And I never knew the results. To you they are "live" games because you don't know the results. And instead of taking 2:30 to finish, it takes about 1:50.

DaBishop,

I'm a Detroit sports fan, not necessarily of all the leagues. I totally understand what you said as well.

I'm a huge fan, and this schedule pisses me off too.

PLAY THE FRIGGIN GAMES!

What I want is for the Wings and Pistons to play every other night, and when we're waiting for the next round, I want the Tigers on the tube.

Is that too much to ask? :classic:

Did the Celtics get eliminated yet ? I used to be a big Celtic fan but I'm bored with the NBA now. Any system which lets a miserable team like the Celtics into the playoffs has major problems.

Also, the day off thing is a problem in the baseball playoffs too. Sports should folow the same type of schedule in the playoffs as the regular season. Otherwise it's a different ballgame from the regular season and that's not right.

I dont think its the spacing of the games is just the problem, like last night if i want to watch the spurs play memphis, the damn thing doesnt come on till 11, instead of coming on that late i dont know why they just dont put it on the next day. It must suck for the minnesota fans, because since they are on the western conference, their games dont start till 9:30 in the playoffs, 10:30 our time, i would be pissed if i had to stay up will 11:30 or midnight to see the pistons finish the game.

Originally posted by Utah

I dont think its the spacing of the games is just the problem, like last night if i want to watch the spurs play memphis, the damn thing doesnt come on till 11, instead of coming on that late i dont know why they just dont put it on the next day. It must suck for the minnesota fans, because since they are on the western conference, their games dont start till 9:30 in the playoffs, 10:30 our time, i would be pissed if i had to stay up will 11:30 or midnight to see the pistons finish the game.

Try staying up til 1:00 or 2:00am to watch a hockey game.

My beloved Wings are in the Western Conference and I deal with this every single year!!!

Not complaining, just saying it could be worse!

For all of us "non-fans" out here -- the Pistons game (the only one that really matters) is on tonight, so it's time to wake up from our NBA playoff slumber!

I agree with you, Folly, that the NBA and NHL should plan a little bit better. Why couldn't they alternate nights for the teams? I realize they couldn't do it every night, but more often should at least be possible!

And I agree with you, 337, that the extend time off makes it a different ball game than the regular season. Teams have time to make pretty decent changes in what they do and how they play each other. It does give time for those who are injured to either return or more easily play through an injury, and it gives the players all more time to recover so it takes away the benefit of teams that have greater bench depth. I'd rather have it continue at the same pace and give the advantage to the team with greater depth.

I'm feeling so agreeable today!

I'll be watching tonight...

My wife has already said that I have the evening off to watch from tip to final horn.

Break out the Guinness!

Originally posted by DaBishop

These ridiculous lay offs do nothing but remove any kind of momentum that builds, tension that builds, excitement for the games. It's just lame.

Your not a fan. :cheeky:

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming

Why couldn't they alternate nights for the teams? I realize they couldn't do it every night, but more often should at least be possible!

We have already establshed you are not a fan. :cheeky:

Well, I have to say that I LOVE the schedule. Being able to watch playoff basketball EVERY night is like dreamland for me. My girlfriend is getting ticked off, but that's another story (she only likes to watch the Pistons). I guess I'm just a Basketball freak. The only thing close to this time of year for me is fantasy football Sunday's in the fall.

Come on now. The NJ schedule for the first 2 games is Monday/Friday! And those are two home games! How much travel time are they going to give them before game three? A week and a half?!? Even the players are saying its too long. Even true fans have to admit that is too long!