Yoda

Inge

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but to improve a very bad team it's often necessary to replace the bad players with, hopefully, good players. At a minimum, better players.

Tell me who Inge should replace in the starting lineup, and why?

Originally posted by Tigers2156

Yeah, higher obs and batting stats then pudge is horrible. Tigers need to fire Pudge now!!!

Quotes like these are going to make you look really silly come the end of the season.

Just curious. For the people who think Inge is a quality catcher how many other teams in MLB do you think he'd be a starting catcher for? Name the teams and who he would replace.

If you are saying he is pretty good catcher I'd think that would mean at least average so somewhere between 14-16 catchers should probably be on that list. I'll cut some slack though and knock it to 10.

Originally posted by holygoat

Quotes like these are going to make you look really silly come the end of the season.

Yeah? Im willing to bet on it, are you?

Originally posted by DTroppens

Just curious. For the people who think Inge is a quality catcher how many other teams in MLB do you think he'd be a starting catcher for? Name the teams and who he would replace.

If you are saying he is pretty good catcher I'd think that would mean at least average so somewhere between 14-16 catchers should probably be on that list. I'll cut some slack though and knock it to 10.

Ill say hes just as good as Pudge. But you cant see that through your Inge Hater glasses.

Tigers2156

That comment was just clear ignorance.

First, I never once said I hated Inge.

Second, I have never wore glasses a day in my life. I have better than 20-20 vision.

Third, I am actually pulling for the guy.

Fourth, He is better than Pudge? Wow, he can't even beat out Pudge for the starting catching position. We must've been idiots for thinking we upgraded the catching position with Pudge.

Not including today's game. Career stats...

Pudge .305 avg, .345 OBP, .488 slug, .833 OPS

Inge .202 avg, .255 OBP, .316 slug, .575 OPS

Even if I want to give you a tremendous benefit of the doubt and say Inge is clearly a better defensive player than Pudge, something I don't believe at all, look at the difference between those offensive numbers!!!!

Do you honestly believe that last comment you made to me?

Ill say hes just as good as Pudge. But you cant see that through your Inge Hater glasses.

I see someone's been dipping into Tram's stash.

No matter what Inge does, people have got to find a reason to complain about him. Ugh.

Another thing. Inge really needs to stop chewing his gum when he's at the plate. I mean, everyone knows that it throws off the timing. :wink:

Originally posted by I-Rod

Another thing. Inge really needs to stop chewing his gum when he's at the plate. I mean, everyone knows that it throws off the timing. :wink:

lol cheers to that.

I just wanted to add that there is no greater Inge fan than myself right now. I am pulling for him to continue this streak for another 30 at bats....even more. Actually I hope he continues it to the point that we can actually get some worth out of him by trading him. At that time he can feel free to drop back down to his career numbers, because he will be closer to his career numbers this year than his current projected numbers for this year by the time the season is over.

That's actually kind of funny because Price always said Inge had too much movement while he was up to bat. Maybe he does chew too much gum. Hmmm.

I appreciate that you are a fan of Inge. As much as he's bashed on here, he needs supporters. But that comment of yours was just delusional. Inge isn't better in any facet of the game than Pudge. The career offensive numbers aren't even close, and I've seen various statistics indicate that Pudge is the best defensive catcher to play the game. It's nice that you like Inge, but you are really looking at him through rose-colored glasses if you think that he even approaches being as good as Pudge is. I'm sorry to break it to you, but Inge wouldn't be the starting catcher for any major league team. He probably wouldn't make most major league rosters.

Yeah, skinnier then a twig, and hes on roids. If thats the best ya can do to try and bash Inge, then ya might as well give up now.

Well now that he has started by hitting .375 and playing well at two new positions maybe he will settle in and just play the game. He has taken a lot of pressure off of himself by this good start, let's see where it takes him. I'm happy for him. I always thought that because of injury and poor organizational management he was brought up to the bigs two years too early, maybe this is the prospect they always talked about. We'll see.

My GOD reading these posts you'd think Inge was Barry Bonds to some of you...I am pulling for Inge, if you aren't then I don't think you are a Tigers fan. He is going out there and doing whatever is best for the good of the team and putting all the selfishness and ego on the shelf. It's absolutely refreshing to see it, especially if you look at Soriano in Texas not willing to move to the outfield though it might help the team, and numerous other examples (Pedro, Milton Bradley, etc...) Inge gives 110 percent every game eventhough he might not have the great talent, but the Angels won a World Series years ago with Eckstein, Kennedey, Speizio, Erstad, Salmon and guys that just flat go all out and put team first though they might not have the most talent in the world. Inge will fall back a little and we'll hear the "I told you so" garbage, but how can you not root for the guy?? it baffles me

Though I hate the movie with a passion, I think of Rudy, "If you had half the heart of B Inge you'd be All-American." Inge hasn't gotten enough credit for what he's doing this year, just watching him yesterday, he hustles his butt off for every ball hit near him, and the games i have seen in person he is out there taking ground balls CONSTANTLY. HOW CAN YOU GUYS NOT LIKE THIS KID?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by Motor City Sonics

Well now that he has started by hitting .375 and playing well at two new positions maybe he will settle in and just play the game. He has taken a lot of pressure off of himself by this good start, let's see where it takes him. I'm happy for him. I always thought that because of injury and poor organizational management he was brought up to the bigs two years too early, maybe this is the prospect they always talked about. We'll see.

Actually, Inge was never projected to be a good hitter. Looking at scouting reports when he was in the minors, it always said he had holes in his swing, and needs to make more consistent contact and control the strikezone better. Looking at his minor league numbers, it's easy to see why he was never projected to be a good hitter. He always had low batting averages and a lot more strikeouts than walks. Inge was only said to be a great defensive catcher with some power potential.

Whoa!!!

Hmm by that reasoning, every Tiger player that isnt new this season sucks. Drivin me nuts keepin my tongue and not cussing out all these people that hate inge just to hate him. Dont you have anything better to do?

Hating him just to hate him? Using stats of his numerous major league and minor league at bats is hating him just to hate him?

Most people would love to see Inge succeed but realistically it won't happen.

Originally posted by kpking3032

My GOD reading these posts you'd think Inge was Barry Bonds to some of you...I am pulling for Inge, if you aren't then I don't think you are a Tigers fan. He is going out there and doing whatever is best for the good of the team and putting all the selfishness and ego on the shelf. It's absolutely refreshing to see it, especially if you look at Soriano in Texas not willing to move to the outfield though it might help the team, and numerous other examples (Pedro, Milton Bradley, etc...) Inge gives 110 percent every game eventhough he might not have the great talent, but the Angels won a World Series years ago with Eckstein, Kennedey, Speizio, Erstad, Salmon and guys that just flat go all out and put team first though they might not have the most talent in the world. Inge will fall back a little and we'll hear the "I told you so" garbage, but how can you not root for the guy?? it baffles me

Though I hate the movie with a passion, I think of Rudy, "If you had half the heart of B Inge you'd be All-American." Inge hasn't gotten enough credit for what he's doing this year, just watching him yesterday, he hustles his butt off for every ball hit near him, and the games i have seen in person he is out there taking ground balls CONSTANTLY. HOW CAN YOU GUYS NOT LIKE THIS KID?!?!?!?!

All the work ethic and hustle in the world does you no good if you don't have the talent to succeed in the major leagues. Inge may work hard and be a nice guy, but he just doesn't have the hitting talent to play in the major leagues and that's why many people aren't fond of him. Also, he's 27, which is hardly a "kid."

And Alfonso Soriano has been one of the best offensive second base men in the league. He's actually got some claim to not changing positions. Players who produce as poorly as Inge has have no right to complain about being replaced or changing positions. He did complain about being replaced so I disagree with the not being selfish sentance. The fact is he's lucky that the Tigers are keeping him on the major league roster.

So obviously, by comparison, Infante and Sanchez were awesome last year. And Higginson deserved MVP of the season.

Nothing as exciting as a new topic that has never been discussed in the forum. :devious:

On a side note, Brandon's hot start has him moving up my all-time favorite Tiger list. Currently, he is right in between Kevin Saucier & Dan Schatzeder and is bearing down on Jerry Ujdur with a bullet.

Yeah? Im willing to bet on it, are you?

What are you willing to bet on?