MotownWebGuy

2004 Tiger Radio Affiliates

Can anyone confirm that any of the stations listed on WXYT's affiliate list will be carrying Tiger games this year? I believe it was updated recently because their Lansing affiliate is listed as TBA. Here's the list:

Ann Arbor / WTKA / 1050 AM

Archbold, OH / WMTR / 96.1 FM

Battle Creek / WRCC/WBCK / 1400 AM

Bay City / WSGW / 790 AM

Benton Harbor / WSJM / 1400 AM

Big Rapids/ WDEE / 97.3 FM

Charlevoix / WMKT / 1270 AM

DETROIT / WXYT / 1270 AM

Dowagiac / WDOW / 92.1 FM

Flint / WTRX / 1330 AM

Fremont / WSHN / 1500 AM

Grand Rapids / WMFN / 640 AM

Hillsdale / WCSR / 1340 AM

Houghton / WCCY / 1400 AM

Jackson / WIBM / 1450 AM

Kalamazoo / WKZO / 590 AM

Lansing / TBA / TBA

London, Ontario / CJBK / 1290 AM

Muskegon / WSHN / 1550 AM

Newberry / WNBY / 93.7 FM

Port Huron / WPHM / 1380 AM

Reed City / WDEE / 97.3 FM

St. Joseph / WSJM / 1400 AM

Sault Ste Marie / WSOO / 1230 AM

Saginaw / WSGW / 790 AM

South Haven / WGMY / 940 AM

Sturgis / WMSH / 1230 AM

Traverse City / WTCM / 580 AM

Toledo, Ohio / WLQR / 1470 AM

Sigh, can you believe the Capitol City of this state does not even have a station carrying the games. Something is really wrong with this picture.

I also wish Lakeland would cary the games. Does anyone know anything about XFM? Are games available on there?

Glad to see that they finally updated the list... looks like they also fixed the Grand Rapids station and removed the Holland station...

I can ABSOLUTELY confirm that the Grand Rapids stations (640 AM) and the Kalamazoo stations (590 AM) will be broadcasting the Tigers games this year.

Originally posted by davidsb

Yoda - didn't a Lakeland station carry Tiger games in the past?

I remember hearing a spring raining game last year, but no regular-season games. I don't know about past years.

Haha.. no but I watched one of the old Scooby cartoons that featured Batman and Robin. Robin's outfit was absolutely flaming!! I don't remember him look so non-hetero when I was a kid. Dude needs to go to Walmart and buy some pants!!!!!!!!!!

batrobin.jpg

Anyhow, a bit off-topic there. If you were refering to the movie, no I haven't seen it.

MWG,

Can we get this list posted somewhere here or is it already posted in a place (besides here) where I just haven't found it.

If this was pinned or in the Tiger thing on the left, I know there would be times when I'm travelling the state that I'd want to print this out.

Just an idea.

Originally posted by Mark The Shark

So I take it I still have to miss opening day, thanks to living in this crack-hole of Lansing?

You should be able to pick up AM 790, WSGW, out of Saginaw or AM 1330 out of Flint. The reception obviously won't be as clear as a station located in Lansing but good enough.

Additionally, I was driving through Saginaw over the weekend and was able to pickup 640 out of Grand Rapids area. It was staticy, but listenable in my car.

Originally posted by MULLY68

You should be able to pick up AM 790, WSGW, out of Saginaw or AM 1330 out of Flint. The reception obviously won't be as clear as a station located in Lansing but good enough.

Thanks for the tip!!!!

One conern about WTKA and the Jackson station is they pre-empt Tiger games for a bunch of stuff.

I think in Jackson the Wings are their primary team. On WTKA NASCAR on the weekends bumped the Tigers last year. And if Saturday was any indication that could be a concern this year too. They had some race on instead of the Tigers on Saturday.

TIP: If the Wings play the same night as the Tigers expect to hear the Tigers on 950 AM. That's good news for me because I get 950 clear as a bell in Fenton. I'm hoping for a long Wings playoff run just for that sake.

Originally posted by MotownWebGuy

Lansing / TBA / TBA

You can just take Lansing off this list. They dropped the Tigers for LANSING LUGNUTS. Woohoo! Go Nuts.

*shoots himself*

Originally posted by Yoda

I also wish Lakeland would cary the games. Does anyone know anything about XFM? Are games available on there?

Do you mean XM Satellite Radio? No, they don't carry any local baseball broadcasts. Nor does their rival, Sirius. (The national Sunday night broadcast on ESPN Radio is pretty much the only regular-season baseball either service offers.)

Sirius has NFL, NBA, and NHL packages, but baseball isn't likely for a number of reasons: scheduling and preemption issues, teams' desire to protect lucrative deals with local AM/FM affiliates, MLB's own online audio package, etc.

Sorry!