JMB

Zero Enthusiasm

I understand that this site is primarily filled with Tigers fans, but I am really surprised at the lack of enthusiasm over the Pistons right now. I see posts about who your favorite 1984 Tigers was, but not one thread about how dominating the Stones have been as of late. We have a legitimate shot at the Title and I would like to see a little bit more energy around here. Thank you.:classic:

Have you been reading the game threads?

We have about 15 consistent posters here and that's about it. Actually that's about double of what the number used to be. If you want to see more excitement please post. We can always use more!

One thing I'll say about the Pistons in recent years is that it seems the Pistons have their loyal followers and really the crossover to "general" Detroit sports fans isn't as great as say for the Wings. It was during the NBA title years but that was at a time when the Wings weren't nearly the Detroit Darlings on the winter. That has changed since then and the Pistons - although their attendance would suggest otherwise - are the city's second darlings of the winter.

I write sports and I'm asked about the Wings from people all the time. And they do that despite the fact I wear a Pistons coat almost every day. I tell them I rarely watch the Wings but never miss the Pistons and the reaction is usually "ohh" and they leave.

I find it frustrating that more people don't post here but I also can live with it. I'm not going to beg for people to post or stay here. Believe it or not this forum is much busier than it was a few years ago.

I agree. You guys all suck except for:

DTroppens

Buddah

DaBishop

Deleterious

DetroitFolley

B.Higginson

Utah

Truth

emj742

Betrayer

and to a lesser extent

MotownRandy

MotorCityOrangemen

That crazy character who makes crazy trades whose name escapes me at the moment

I'll also give a pass to those who occassionally mosey on to the board on occassion and to those who only post when they are sick about the best three hit performance by a Tiger on a Wednesday, when they wern't in last, but were at least 15 games out of first.

In conclusion:

OldTimey sucks

I've gotten to the point where I post in the Pistons, Lions and College folder more than I do the Tigers forum.

My posting tendencies...

During the seasons I post a ton and then calm down to almost nil during the offseason. I find too much to talk about for the teams that are actually playing to worry too much about the non-playing teams. It's kind of fun to post about draft pick possibilities and stuff like that, but I don't really get into it. The older I get the more I find it usless and just like to wait to see what moves are made. That will probably even happen here when the season is over.

I occasionally get into the bar and grill and when I do it's usually pretty heavy posting for a few weeks before it dies down again.

Originally posted by NotoriousCPC

DTroppens

Buddah

DaBishop

Deleterious

DetroitFolley

B.Higginson

Utah

Truth

emj742

Betrayer

and to a lesser extent

MotownRandy

MotorCityOrangemen

I'll also give a pass to those who occassionally mosey on to the board on occassion and to those who only post when they are sick about the best three hit performance by a Tiger on a Wednesday, when they wern't in last, but were at least 15 games out of first.

In conclusion:

OldTimey sucks

Talk about no respect!!!! I'm one of those guys you mention about just moseying in here and i enjoy and respect every post (not that i always agree), but what the hell is this supposed to be, everyone is entitled to their opinion right???

The Pistons forum is the 1st place I go until opening day. Then I will be all over the Tigers, but I will still post here more than there.

tigers express,

I wouldn't be offended. I think he was just having some fun listing the people that post here often. It was more of a joke post I think than anything. And besides Noctorious gave you "a pass" that's better than nothing right?!? :classic:

A few others that post here

Anthonyg788

Lansing Lugnut

I'm sure we're missing a few others.

Originally posted by tigers express

Talk about no respect!!!! I'm one of those guys you mention about just moseying in here and i enjoy and respect every post (not that i always agree), but what the hell is this supposed to be, everyone is entitled to their opinion right???

When did this all of a sudden become a political forum???

Don't forget the GOAT! He's a loyal poster on here, too.

Actually, I don't mind that we don't have too many posters on here. We have a thoughtful group that doesn't stoop to using faux-street phrases and momma jokes to make a point.

I can't find anyone willing to talk about our current team on any other boards, mostly its just "YOU GUYS SUCK" or "DARKO'S A BUST - BOOHHHK IT!" crap.

That, and STUPID pie in the sky fantasy trade stuff.

I much prefer the analysis here.

Thanks to all that make this worthwhile for me, and that's just about everybody here.

Originally posted by DTroppens

Don't forget that Sue usually makes a few appearances during the Nets games.

I feel so overlooked...

I always read the posts, but I rarely post in the Pistons threads. I just don't have much to add and I just want the playoffs to start. This regular season stuff has got me bored, just kind of waiting for win number 50. Sure they are kicking butt and taking names, but the games at this point don't mean much.

Plus I think being a critic is easier. Which is why so much gets posted in the Tigers forum, where there is sooooooo much to critique.

It all goes back to the theory that Detroiter's really care about a tigers or lions team way more than pistons or red wings. God bless the pistons, but Tigers and Lions will always rule this town..late

Admittedely, I'm a fair weather fan and only last year started following the Pistons again, but I would say I have probally been watching the Pistons as much as the Wings on TV. I don't post much because I don't know very much about basketball beyond the baics, but I am looking forward to the playoffs.

This discussion brings up a question. Is it possible to find out how many posts we've made in each of the forums? That would be neat. :classic:

I would post more about the Pistons (and be more enthusiastic as well) if I didn't think basketball was the single most boring sport not called "curling" played in North America. :classic:

DTroppens

Buddah

DaBishop

Deleterious

DetroitFolley

B.Higginson

Utah

Truth

emj742

Betrayer

and to a lesser extent

MotownRandy

MotorCityOrangemen

In conclusion:

OldTimey sucks

I can't believe you placed me in a group with that no-talent assclown.

Hollygoat and Mikeshoe,

Sorry we forgot you two. I don't know how that was possible.

You can put me on the bench after Darko if you'd like. I can be that guy on the ninth day on my 10-day contract.

I too don't care for the street talk crap when people want to talk NBA. It's very hard for me to take those people seriously. And you are talking to someone who used to play tons of street ball - not good street ball, but tons of it. Well I was always in demand for my rebounding and my baby hook that occasionally got blocked.

:classic:

P.S. Don't ask me how a hook shot gets blocked.

djhutch,

As far as I know there isn't a way. I left a message with MWG today to see if it is possible but my guess is there probably isn't.

Man,

We forgot a lot of people that post here. We actually have more posters here than I thought. We probably have about 23-25 pretty regular posters. Actually if we got to 35 I'd be very happy.

Originally posted by JMB

We have a legitimate shot at the Title and I would like to see a little bit more energy around here.

By all means, please help spread the word about MotownPistons.com! If you post on any other message boards and come in contact with good pistons fans, let them know about this site. We have a great core here but certainly have room for more fans.

Originally posted by DTroppens

I too don't care for the street talk crap when people want to talk NBA. It's very hard for me to take those people seriously.

I couldn't agree more. I'd also like to see "word" and "peace out" abolished along with pants that don't cover your underwear. I know if anyone wore pants like that when I went to school, they'd still be pulling their underwear out.

Originally posted by JMB

I understand that this site is primarily filled with Tigers fans, but I am really surprised at the lack of enthusiasm over the Pistons right now. I see posts about who your favorite 1984 Tigers was, but not one thread about how dominating the Stones have been as of late. We have a legitimate shot at the Title and I would like to see a little bit more energy around here. Thank you.:classic:

By the way, who are you?:cool:

DTroppens

Buddah

DaBishop

Deleterious

DetroitFolley

B.Higginson

Utah

Truth

emj742

Betrayer

and to a lesser extent

MotownRandy

MotorCityOrangemen

In conclusion:

OldTimey sucks

I'd like to thank my family, my High School Under Water Basket Weaving coach, my pet snail Louie, and the two drunks at the bar last night who said I love you man. If not for there presence in my life, I would never have reach this accomplishment. :classic: