Jump to content
Casimir

01/25/2021 7:00 Philadelphia 76ers @ Detroit Pistons

Recommended Posts

PHI-2021.png  DET-2021.png

Philadelphia 76ers (12-5) @ Detroit Pistons (3-13)

stackhouse-vs-spree.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

He will probably be in the MVP discussion if he keeps up his current play.

5th in scoring.  Steals and assists are equal or better than most other candidates.  Rebounds are obviously higher.  He only lacks the assists.  His shot selection seems a lot better this year.  Only 3 3PTA's per game and is shooting over 40% on them.  The anchor of a top 5 defense.  

He checks all the boxes.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He will probably be in the MVP discussion if he keeps up his current play.

5th in scoring.  Steals and assists are equal or better than most other candidates.  Rebounds are obviously higher.  He only lacks the assists.  His shot selection seems a lot better this year.  Only 3 3PTA's per game and is shooting over 40% on them.  The anchor of a top 5 defense.  

He checks all the boxes.  

 

even with no Drummond. I guess he just loves Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

 

yeah - the league policy on this is pretty idiotic after the guys spend an hour going hammer and tongs on the court panting/drooling/spitting on each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yeah - the league policy on this is pretty idiotic after the guys spend an hour going hammer and tongs on the court panting/drooling/spitting on each other.

Your point about game play is true.  But they’re probably just trying to limit risk as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Your point about game play is true.  But they’re probably just trying to limit risk as much as possible.

I suppose you can always say there is some kind of marginal value, but if the theory is that that athletes are being tested daily and so that each local game is clean, then that value is pretty small. And as a practical matter, if a player does come up positive the next day the protocol for the other team will be not by any different for two players having greeted after the game - exposure will have to be assumed regardless.

When there are so many things to take seriously, time spent on things that needn't always bugs me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I suppose you can always say there is some kind of marginal value, but if the theory is that that athletes are being tested daily and so that each local game is clean, then that value is pretty small. And as a practical matter, if a player does come up positive the next day the protocol for the other team will be not by any different for two players having greeted after the game - exposure will have to be assumed regardless.

When there are so many things to take seriously, time spent on things that needn't always bugs me.

I think there might be an optics to it as well.  Actually, I wonder if that might be the root of the rule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I think there might be an optics to it as well.  Actually, I wonder if that might be the root of the rule?

definitely could be

The old timers hate all the kumbaya stuff between opposing players anyway! :silly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaylen Brown had 33 points in 19 minutes last night.

People were laughing at Boston for giving him 4/$115M and now he is an all nba candidate this year.  27 PPG and 43% from three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

That was something.

 

Andre wanna be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line went from DET +7 to DET +4.5 when Embiid was announced out.  Philly has lost all 3 games he has sat out this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone put Blake out of his misery?  My god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun game to watch.  It's occasionally good to see a win, even though it doesn't serve the endgame.

Blake is an absolute dinosaur out there.  I swear he's aged 10 years since he came to Detroit.  Just sit him down, buy him out, or check him into an old folks home.  He's 31 playing like a 40 year old, while guys who are older and have double the game under their belt are out there killing it.  What a joke.

Jackson was a nice find.  He plays some very good defense and he's just racking up the blocks lately.  Wright's defense has been pretty darn good as well.  In general I'm enjoying the active hands and disruption this team can cause on that end of the court.  Obviously, they need the draft to give them a star or two, but it's nice to actually sit down and enjoy watching most of the players on this team for the first time in many years - win or lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Fun game to watch.  It's occasionally good to see a win, even though it doesn't serve the endgame.

Blake is an absolute dinosaur out there.  I swear he's aged 10 years since he came to Detroit.  Just sit him down, buy him out, or check him into an old folks home.  He's 31 playing like a 40 year old, while guys who are older and have double the game under their belt are out there killing it.  What a joke.

Jackson was a nice find.  He plays some very good defense and he's just racking up the blocks lately.  Wright's defense has been pretty darn good as well.  In general I'm enjoying the active hands and disruption this team can cause on that end of the court.  Obviously, they need the draft to give them a star or two, but it's nice to actually sit down and enjoy watching most of the players on this team for the first time in many years - win or lose.

He will be getting 38 million next year too. Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Fun game to watch.  It's occasionally good to see a win, even though it doesn't serve the endgame.

Blake is an absolute dinosaur out there.  I swear he's aged 10 years since he came to Detroit.  Just sit him down, buy him out, or check him into an old folks home.  He's 31 playing like a 40 year old, while guys who are older and have double the game under their belt are out there killing it.  What a joke.

Jackson was a nice find.  He plays some very good defense and he's just racking up the blocks lately.  Wright's defense has been pretty darn good as well.  In general I'm enjoying the active hands and disruption this team can cause on that end of the court.  Obviously, they need the draft to give them a star or two, but it's nice to actually sit down and enjoy watching most of the players on this team for the first time in many years - win or lose.

Hes aged 10 years since 2019.   I know his contract was horrible and he ended the year injured but I think the Pistons missed a chance to trade him in the 2019 offseason.   He played like a Superstar that year and I think teams that missed out on the LeBron, Kawhi, PG13 etc. Sweepstakes would've traded for Blake.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...