holygoat

Fick Rocks, indeed...

After his 4-4 game tonight Robert Fick leads the majors with a .429 AVG. I'm sure I'll hear about how early it is and how batting average is a worthless statistic, but it's bright spot in an otherwise dismal season.

I think your right! It is a very bright spot, and if you ask me, he has been more than sufficient in RF. Not a gold glover, and I'm sure we'll see flashes of Roger Cedeno sometime during the season, but he has a great arm all of a sudden.

New guy. Lee Harvey Oswald, eh? Assassin.

Fick could be a 30-110 guy with full time duties. He would've got close to that last year if he wouldn't have needed to catch last year. He wore down after the All-Star break.

Plus that play he made when he went into the corner and spun and gunned that guy at 2nd by 5 steps was reminiscent of . . . I can't say it. But he showed some talent with that play.

Just for the record, Fick's arm, while weak for a catcher, is actually quite strong for a RF. This isn't a sudden turn of events, it's been that way. I don't know if he is athletic enough to hold the position, but we don't have many guys who work harder than Fick, and that alone gives him a solid chance. I think 30 HR is a stretch, but a 900 OPS is a possibility in the next 2 or 3 years (this year included).

I am finally convinced that Fick is for real. He's only going to improve in Rightfield and his hitting has always been there.

I was doing our scoreboard and was posting the leaders when I realized Fick was second in the AL in batting! I have ripped the guy in the past, but I am glad to see him doing well. I knew he was playing well but it really didn't hit me until I saw the stats.

It's a positive and right now I'll take any positives the Tigers can scrounge.