Jump to content
Mr.TaterSalad

Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn fired - Holmes/Cambell Hired as GM/Coach

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Not only that, he was at least partially responsible for the drafting of Russell Wilson and The Legion of Boom. This guy is the most qualified candidate so needless to say, I'm right there with you on the Dodds Train. 

Whether he wants the Lions job is another story but I'm glad to see that they are interviewing him at least. This is why I want them to take time with the process. They're covering all bases it looks like.

He did withdraw from consideration for the Panthers job and is now interviewing with the Lions so there does seem to be some mutual interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What's funny is literally everyone who was in Seattle in 2012 claims to be behind the drafting of Russell Wilson. 

Why are we giving credit to Dodds and not the actual GM of the Colts? Was Dodds behind the hiring of Josh McDaniels? 

I believe Dodds ran the college scouting department in Seattle, so that's why he gets a lot of credit for Wilson, Legion of Boom, Bobby Wagner, Tyler Lockett, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimitroff, Dodds and George Paton are probably my favorite gm candidates right now.

as for coach, i'm still on board the Saleh train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly Dodds was in attendance for the one game Trey Lance played this season at NDSU. Thought I remember seeing that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

He did withdraw from consideration for the Panthers job and is now interviewing with the Lions so there does seem to be some mutual interest. 

Yeah, I just read that somewhere. Here's to hoping... He's been my top realistic candidate for a while, this would also increase the chances of Saleh or Eberflus being the coaches since they've been linked to Dodds.

I fully expect some random GM and Lewis or Bevell to be the hires though. I'd be good with Paton if he was that random GM. He helped build some really talented Vikings teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Yeah, I just read that somewhere. Here's to hoping... He's been my top realistic candidate for a while, this would also increase the chances of Saleh and Eberflus being the coaches since they've been linked to Dodds.

I fully expect some random GM and Lewis or Bevell to be the hires though. 

im hoping that spielman knows what he's doing.

it would be hard to know less than the fords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, now I’m excited for Dodds and Saleh.   If I know anything about being a lions fan is that any optimism is usually met with immediate disappointment.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it good that the lions are getting interviews from guys who are turning down other jobs/interviews?  dodds and paton have both turned down other places but are seemingly interested in detroit.

i think that probably says something about ownership stability and chris spielman being involved.  to my untrained eye, i think spielman has respect around the league.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

Dimitroff, Dodds and George Paton are probably my favorite gm candidates right now.

as for coach, i'm still on board the Saleh train.

I'd be happy as **** to pair any of one those GMs with Saleh as coach. Kevin Colbert or John Schneider (if they interview either) jump ahead of Dodds on my list as the #1 and #2. Assuming neither guy is realistic than Dodds, Paton, and Dimitroff are my #1, 2, 3 respectively. As for HC, I like unrealistic names, Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley, but neither of those are going to happen. Brian Daboll and Robert Saleh are the two coaches I like. I'm a big no thank you on Marvin Lewis at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Yeah, I just read that somewhere. Here's to hoping... He's been my top realistic candidate for a while, this would also increase the chances of Saleh and Eberflus being the coaches since they've been linked to Dodds.

I fully expect some random GM and Lewis or Bevell to be the hires though. 

They just interviewed Saleh and now are interviewing Dodds after speaking with Saleh. Saleh may have decided on Detroit and that's why Dodds removed himself from the Panthers job. Besides, a cake was baked congratulating Saleh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Cool, now I’m excited for Dodds and Saleh.   If I know anything about being a lions fan is that any optimism is usually met with immediate disappointment.  

Correct.

Hope for Dodds and Saleh but expect Smith and Bevell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doug pedersen intentionally lost a game.  he deserves to be fired.  

the eagles are also in cap hel1, so im not sure that job is all that attractive.  with hurts at qb i could see that as a bienemey landing spot 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

is it good that the lions are getting interviews from guys who are turning down other jobs/interviews?  dodds and paton have both turned down other places but are seemingly interested in detroit.

i think that probably says something about ownership stability and chris spielman being involved.  to my untrained eye, i think spielman has respect around the league.

It could also be Stafford. All these other jobs outside of Atlanta have unknowns at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

They just interviewed Saleh and now are interviewing Dodds after speaking with Saleh. Saleh may have decided on Detroit and that's why Dodds removed himself from the Panthers job. Besides, a cake was baked congratulating Saleh. 

Oh, that's right, the Jimmy G.'s **** tweet. It's kizmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

doug pedersen intentionally lost a game.  he deserves to be fired.  

the eagles are also in cap hel1, so im not sure that job is all that attractive.  with hurts at qb i could see that as a bienemey landing spot 

But did Pedersen throw the game at the instruction of management? If Pedersen threw that game on his on, he probably doesn't deserve another job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

It could also be Stafford. All these other jobs outside of Atlanta have unknowns at QB. 

and matt ryan is 3 years older than stafford, i believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

and matt ryan is 3 years older than stafford, i believe.

I wouldn't be shocked if we held onto Stafford and passed on drafting a QB at #7. I would be shocked if Atlanta wasn't going after a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want but ol Schwartzy brought a playoff game to the franchise...now that team was good enough to prolly do it without him, but I will never forget that.  I did not mind him one bit.  I think he probably learned a lot that first time through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Pederson is worth an interview, but I think I still like Saleh more than him.

I’m fully out on Pederson. Last coach I would hire.  Never.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Pederson is worth an interview, but I think I still like Saleh more than him.

Pederson damaged himself severely.   If the higher ups told him to do it, he needs to make that clear, but I don't know if Doug Pederson gets any pro job coordinator level or high for awhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...