Jump to content
RandyMarsh

Game 7 Colts at Lions

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, NYLion said:

As I said after the Atlanta win, those two wins were bad news for the long term health of the franchise. Those two wins pretty much ensured a perfectly mediocre season of 6-8 wins and another year of Quinntricia. This game of getting wrecked in the trenches should serve as a harsh reminder of how far this team is from being any good and how poor the coaching staff is.

that's what i was thinking when i watched this game.  when the lions have played the saints, colts, and packers they've been horribly outclassed.

and this is year 5 for quinn?  this was supposed to be the year when it came together for detroit.  they have THEIR draft picks and THEIR free agents to play the style of football and defense that only they and apparently new england can play.

and it isnt working.  it isnt good enough to win the nfl the way theyre playing it.  theyve done a better job of stopping the run but they havent been able to make the next step into a dominant defense.  this is their group of players and the best they can achieve is to be adequate.

giving them any more run with the team after this year is just spinning your wheels.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FanDuel Michigan Sports Betting

FanDuel Michigan $100 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching shortly ( December 2020 or January 2021). Pre-register at FanDuel Sportsbook and get $50 free sports bets + $50 free online casino bets with no deposit necessary. Claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan Now

the arizona win is the outlier.  the cards turned the ball over 3 times and the lions squeeked it out.

to their defense, they should have beaten the bears (and lost to the falcons), but the cards game was a solid win when the other team played poorly and the lions defense played well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the arizona win is the outlier.  the cards turned the ball over 3 times and the lions squeeked it out.

to their defense, they should have beaten the bears (and lost to the falcons), but the cards game was a solid win when the other team played poorly and the lions defense played well.

I believe the Cardinals were not taking the Lions seriously, and you just can't ever do that.   It's called Michiganitis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddha said:

that's what i was thinking when i watched this game.  when the lions have played the saints, colts, and packers they've been horribly outclassed.

and this is year 5 for quinn?  this was supposed to be the year when it came together for detroit.  they have THEIR draft picks and THEIR free agents to play the style of football and defense that only they and apparently new england can play.

and it isnt working.  it isnt good enough to win the nfl the way theyre playing it.  theyve done a better job of stopping the run but they havent been able to make the next step into a dominant defense.  this is their group of players and the best they can achieve is to be adequate.

giving them any more run with the team after this year is just spinning your wheels.

Yes. There are no excuses for Quinntricia. They are who we thought they are — a pale shadow of their great mentor Bill Belichick. 

(And Belichick is being revealed as a pale shadow of his own reputation without Tom Brady behind center.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYLion said:

As I said after the Atlanta win, those two wins were bad news for the long term health of the franchise. Those two wins pretty much ensured a perfectly mediocre season of 6-8 wins and another year of Quinntricia. This game of getting wrecked in the trenches should serve as a harsh reminder of how far this team is from being any good and how poor the coaching staff is.

Quinn and Patricia are very unlikely to return.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Loss at Minniesta   Win vs. DC,  Loss to Carolina and loss to Houston on Thanksgiving.  Bye Bye Quintricia on Black Friday.     Brayden Coombs (Special Teams Coordinator) becomes the Interim Head Coach.   

That would be a nice Christmas gift. But I've  been in the cloud of SOL for decades. It doesn't work out like that for Lions fans. The Fords still pocket their bazillions because we fans are idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SOL have lost seven straight home games. 

If they stretch that streak to eight — that would mean a loss to Washington — all options should be on the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martha showed a willingness to fire people when it wasn't working with Mayhew, Schwartz, and Lewand. This season is a test for Sheila to determine if she is more like her mom or or her dad. Her father would keep Quinn and Patricia for another 5-6-7+ years without a blink of an eye. Let's hope she's more her mother's daughter than fathers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Martha showed a willingness to fire people when it wasn't working with Mayhew, Schwartz, and Lewand. This season is a test for Sheila to determine if she is more like her mom or or her dad. Her father would keep Quinn and Patricia for another 5-6-7+ years without a blink of an eye. Let's hope she's more her mother's daughter than fathers.

schwartz was fired by the old man.  his last act was to hire jim caldwell.

and martha did fire lewand and mayhew but left caldwell for some reason.

if the lions lost to minny and washington, i'd love to see sheila get pissed and clean house.  wont happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Quinn and Patricia are very unlikely to return.  

Want to make a bet?

I say that 7 wins and they return for sure. I was tempted to say 6 but after the 3-3 start, they probably set the bar slightly higher.

If they win 7-8 games, ownership will point to the 4-5 win improvement as big progress even though it was only due to Stafford being healthy. This organization has always set the bar very low so why should now be any different? The Fords still rule.

They did fire Caldwell after a 9-7 season but that was just because it was Quinn wanting to bring in his own guy. Caldwell was a lame duck that season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Want to make a bet?

I say that 7 wins and they return for sure. I was tempted to say 6 but after the 3-3 start, they probably set the bar slightly higher.

If they win 7-8 games, ownership will point to the 4-5 win improvement as big progress even though it was only due to Stafford being healthy. This organization has always set the bar very low so why should now be any different? The Fords still rule.

They did fire Caldwell after a 9-7 season but that was just because it was Quinn wanting to bring in his own guy. Caldwell was a lame duck that season.

this team is such a rebuilding project that to give them another year would be really depressing.

i dont think they come back without at least 8 wins, but i dont want to underestimate the stupidity of the lions.

if youre the "new " owner, dont you want to get your own person in place as soon as possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I have no reason to think this other than just having blind faith in Sheila but I'm not worried at all about Quinntricia coming back next year.   I think they are as good as gone.  She'll let them play out the season but after that they are goners. 

Just listening to some of her radio interviews when she was hired and she showed an actual knowledge of football and seem highly competitive.   She knows this team isn't any good and seemed to have a strong desire to compete. 

 Imo she would have canned them when she was hired but with all the uncertainties surrounding the season due to Covid she just stayed the course.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddha said:

this team is such a rebuilding project that to give them another year would be really depressing.

i dont think they come back without at least 8 wins, but i dont want to underestimate the stupidity of the lions.

if youre the "new " owner, dont you want to get your own person in place as soon as possible?

I hope you're right but Lions ownership has earned no benefit of the doubt from this Lions fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NYLion said:

Want to make a bet?

I say that 7 wins and they return for sure. I was tempted to say 6 but after the 3-3 start, they probably set the bar slightly higher.

If they win 7-8 games, ownership will point to the 4-5 win improvement as big progress even though it was only due to Stafford being healthy. This organization has always set the bar very low so why should now be any different? The Fords still rule.

They did fire Caldwell after a 9-7 season but that was just because it was Quinn wanting to bring in his own guy. Caldwell was a lame duck that season.

I never understood linking family members like there is no way they will change. Younger Ilitch doesn’t spend like dad.   We don’t know what Sheila will do, but she has been Martha’s shadow since dad died, and they cleaned house once. 

ill take your bet.  7-9 or worse and both Quinn and Patrica are gone.  Especially looking at the schedule to end the season: Titans,  bucs, packers.  Which means if the lions rebound and get to 6-5 or so, they will lose a lot to end the season. That will be it.

What are the stakes?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, why is no one talking about how god awful bevell is as an OC?   Running game not working, so he just continues to jam it up the middle with no success.  Doesn’t use swift well enough. And the routes from the receivers are from madden rookie mode.  There is zero misdirection, zero creativity.  Hand offs up the gut on first down being the staple.  After halftime the first two plays were to Peterson for 1 yard total to make stafford a first second half pass 3rd and 9. Exactly what he faced all of first half.

Bevell is significantly worse than JBC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

I never understood linking family members like there is no way they will change. Younger Ilitch doesn’t spend like dad.   We don’t know what Sheila will do, but she has been Martha’s shadow since dad died, and they cleaned house once. 

ill take your bet.  7-9 or worse and both Quinn and Patrica are gone.  Especially looking at the schedule to end the season: Titans,  bucs, packers.  Which means if the lions rebound and get to 6-5 or so, they will lose a lot to end the season. That will be it.

What are the stakes?   

The problem with the Fords is that even when they make a move it is usually a sideways one at best. Is Sheila hard driven enough to have studied 31 NFL front offices, become familiar with all the potential GM candidates out there, their approaches, strengths and weaknesses for herself? Has she made herself the expert on GM hiring she needs to be? Or will she fall victim to the glibbest interviewee, or will the decision matrix be outsourced like last time and probably get no better result? No reason to assume the worst, but no reason to assume it will be any better either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in sheila we trust.

quintricia are as good as gone.

come on sheila, dont let us down.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

flowers and golladay both out for the vikings game and possibly longer.

goodnight lions.  goodnight quintricia.  the best offensive playmaker and best defensive lineman out?  see ya.  hello 6-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NYLion said:

Want to make a bet?

I say that 7 wins and they return for sure. I was tempted to say 6 but after the 3-3 start, they probably set the bar slightly higher.

If they win 7-8 games, ownership will point to the 4-5 win improvement as big progress even though it was only due to Stafford being healthy. This organization has always set the bar very low so why should now be any different? The Fords still rule.

They did fire Caldwell after a 9-7 season but that was just because it was Quinn wanting to bring in his own guy. Caldwell was a lame duck that season.

Exactly. SOL. It's a curse. They will win enough to keep Quinn and Patricia. It's a nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it matters to the Lions but I see the Packers luck out again by getting to face the 49ers minus Garrapolo and Kittle. I swear they always get lucky like that,  just like last year they got KC without Mahomes.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Mahomes played last year

Not last year,  Matt Moore started against them.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not last year,  Matt Moore started against them.   

I read your post as Lions, not Packers.  Whoops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, the Colts are a fantastic football team; one of the best of the AFC right now. Great defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan - Sports Betting is launching in Michigan shortly (December 2020 or January 2021). If you register before it launches you will recieve $50 dollars at their online sportsbook and online casino!

Click Here to claim the FanDuel Michigan for $50 at Online Sportsbook & Casino Pre-registration Bonus Now

Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...