Jump to content
RandyMarsh

Game 7 Colts at Lions

Recommended Posts

Just now, Buddha said:

i'm no fan of patricia and i think he should be fired.  that said, the reason the lions get blown out by good teams is because they dont have enough talented players.  especially on defense.

and thats on quinn.

Nothing but the old refrain - if you are a bad team and you can't draft better than average, you will remain a bad team. Quinn has not even drafted average. Football may be complex on the field but some things about it are pretty damn simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FanDuel Michigan Sports Betting

FanDuel Michigan $100 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching shortly ( December 2020 or January 2021). Pre-register at FanDuel Sportsbook and get $50 free sports bets + $50 free online casino bets with no deposit necessary. Claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan Now

how much did they pay for vatai?  he's been awful.

a tight end at #8?  hockenson is an ok player, but not a difference maker.

draft swift in the second round and then platoon him with an ancient adrian peterson.

tavai and davis were high round picks at linebacker and they are both terrible.

justin coleman was the highest paid slot corner in the league and he's been awful.

quinn quinn quinn.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  We will see how Sheila runs the team. Neither of these guys deserve to be here beyond this season. They have to be fired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

how much did they pay for vatai?  he's been awful.

a tight end at #8?  hockenson is an ok player, but not a difference maker.

draft swift in the second round and then platoon him with an ancient adrian peterson.

tavai and davis were high round picks at linebacker and they are both terrible.

justin coleman was the highest paid slot corner in the league and he's been awful.

quinn quinn quinn.  

All correct.  Unfortunately.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Nothing but the old refrain - if you are a bad team and you can't draft better than average, you will remain a bad team. Quinn has not even drafted average. Football may be complex on the field but some things about it are pretty damn simple.

same with harbaugh to a different degree.  not enough talent.  granted harbaugh has other issues though too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddha said:

how much did they pay for vatai?  he's been awful.

a tight end at #8?  hockenson is an ok player, but not a difference maker.

draft swift in the second round and then platoon him with an ancient adrian peterson.

tavai and davis were high round picks at linebacker and they are both terrible.

justin coleman was the highest paid slot corner in the league and he's been awful.

quinn quinn quinn.  

And one receiver goes down and your offense collapses. Again, nothing is more basic in football than that a season is a contest between attrition and team depth. Quinn and Patricia constantly talk/act like you get your one guy for a position and then you are all fixed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

I agree.  We will see how Sheila runs the team. Neither of these guys deserve to be here beyond this season. They have to be fired. 

sheila's our only hope.

if she keeps patricia and quinn because they win 7 games and are "in playoff contention" in week 15, then she's the same ol Ford and we'll be watching this 8 win max football team forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

sheila's our only hope.

if she keeps patricia and quinn because they win 7 games and are "in playoff contention" in week 15, then she's the same ol Ford and we'll be watching this 8 win max football team forever.

I still think Sheila doesn't even matter. There will be big changes when Martha passes and the rest of the family that doesn't care about the Lions demands their cut of the inheritance NOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd like to see stafford on a team where he doesnt have to be perfect for his team to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice how TB12 is in a Doritos commercial but in his screen time not only is he not eating one, there is none in the frame.  I am sure that has a lot to do with this TB12 branding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

sheila's our only hope.

if she keeps patricia and quinn because they win 7 games and are "in playoff contention" in week 15, then she's the same ol Ford and we'll be watching this 8 win max football team forever.

Agree with this.  It will be interesting if the lions lose next week too.  At 3-5 the chances of playoffs are gone.  We are likely looking at 1 to 3 more wins this season. 6-10 at best. If they are retained after that than Sheila would be inept. T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i'd like to see stafford on a team where he doesnt have to be perfect for his team to win.

IDK, I guess it was kind of fun to see Verlander go off and win a WS, but it's no susbsitute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was a lot of talk about the lions' special teams coach as a future head coach, i wish they would have fired patricia and given him the shot for the rest of the year, see if it made any kind of difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IDK, I guess it was kind of fun to see Verlander go off and win a WS, but it's no susbsitute.

of course not, but i really enjoyed seeing verlander win.

stafford's my favorite lion since barry.  and since we all know he wont win here, i hope he goes somewhere else and can do it.

i wouldnt count out the raiders being interested in moving on from carr after this year.  at least historically, a big armed qb looking to rehabilitate his rep in his golden years would be perfect for the raiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

there was a lot of talk about the lions' special teams coach as a future head coach, i wish they would have fired patricia and given him the shot for the rest of the year, see if it made any kind of difference.

Lose the next 3 or 4 in a row and maybe we get to see that. If there is a firing in season just make sure it’s not Bevell filling in. Let’s see the young guy.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Lose the next 3 or 4 in a row and maybe we get to see that. If there is a firing in season just make sure it’s not Bevell filling in. Let’s see the young guy.   

maybe.  but now its too late.  the bye week was the time to fire him and give the new coach a chance.  if they fire him after week 11 or 12, then the team will quit.

that win over arizona coupled with the early bye week cemented our fate of an entire season with patricia and quinn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the vikings just beat the packers in green bay.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how long until shelton tells us that the lions are only 1 1/2 out of the playoffs?  lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Det's next 4 games:

MN (2-5)

Wash (2-5)

Carolina (3-5)

Houston (1-6)

I can see them winning 3 of those games. The final 4 are much tougher, but they'll have a big win vs a team like GB to end up 7-9, and Patricia and Quinn get extended.

I flipping hope not. My 'hope meter' went from .05% all the way up to 10% heading into today. Had they won it would have jumped to 30-40%. Shame on me. Fan since '72 so I know better. Back down go .05%. And I see SOL going 7-9 and both Quinn and Patricia get new deals. I will die hanging onto .05% unless the Ford's sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leflore said:

Det's next 4 games:

MN (2-5)

Wash (2-5)

Carolina (3-5)

Houston (1-6)

I can see them winning 3 of those games. The final 4 are much tougher, but they'll have a big win vs a team like GB to end up 7-9, and Patricia and Quinn get extended.

I flipping hope not. My 'hope meter' went from .05% all the way up to 10% heading into today. Had they won it would have jumped to 30-40%. Shame on me. Fan since '72 so I know better. Back down go .05%. And I see SOL going 7-9 and both Quinn and Patricia get new deals. I will die hanging onto .05% unless the Ford's sell.

Loss at Minniesta   Win vs. DC,  Loss to Carolina and loss to Houston on Thanksgiving.  Bye Bye Quintricia on Black Friday.     Brayden Coombs (Special Teams Coordinator) becomes the Interim Head Coach.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said after the Atlanta win, those two wins were bad news for the long term health of the franchise. Those two wins pretty much ensured a perfectly mediocre season of 6-8 wins and another year of Quinntricia. This game of getting wrecked in the trenches should serve as a harsh reminder of how far this team is from being any good and how poor the coaching staff is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Stafford has single handedly lost this game. And people still continue to say he isn’t a problem.  Fumble, pick six.  All his fault.  If now isn’t the time to move on from him then when is?  

LOL, the Colts scored 41 points, Rivers had an over 120 QB ratings, they outrushed the Lions by 100 yards and the Colts were living in the Lions backfield all game but yes, all Stafford's fault. Do you ever tire of making ridiculous in game comments? 

Not that Stafford didn't make plenty of mistakes and a couple at crucial times but there was plenty of blame to go around including Stafford, not ONLY Stafford.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan - Sports Betting is launching in Michigan shortly (December 2020 or January 2021). If you register before it launches you will recieve $50 dollars at their online sportsbook and online casino!

Click Here to claim the FanDuel Michigan for $50 at Online Sportsbook & Casino Pre-registration Bonus Now

Motown Sports Blog



  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,835
    • Total Posts
      3,030,396
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...