Motor City Sonics

Game 5: Lions at Jags

32 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

There was actually some things to like about this game... the defense actually showed up.

Of course, this is against a 1-5 team so let's not go overboard with the praise.

Four of the next six games are against teams that are currently 1-5. 

12 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Four of the next six games are against teams that are currently 1-5. 

i can easily see the lions losing to every team on their upcoming schedule except washington.

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i can easily see the lions losing to every team on their upcoming schedule except washington.

I can easily see a lot of different things. 

7 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I can easily see a lot of different things. 

yes, like how you easily saw the tigers making the playoffs in a year where they finished with the third worst record in baseball.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

yes, like how you easily saw the tigers making the playoffs in a year where they finished with the third worst record in baseball.

Yes, when they had a 40% probability or something it was easy to see a scenario where they made it. When they were down closer to 10%, it wasn’t quite as easy. Still easy, tho!

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

Yes, when they had a 40% probability or something it was easy to see a scenario where they made it. When they were down closer to 10%, it wasn’t quite as easy. Still easy, tho!

lol.  keep on believin!

btw, credit to patricia for finally FINALLY making some changes on defense.  the lions blitzed a lot.  they also played a lot of zone defense.  they may have finally realized that this is not the patriots and that the lions cornerbacks cant play man on 100% of the snaps.

now....we need stafford to play better and maybe they can actually string some wins together.

im not holding my breath.  i expect them to lose to the falcons, colts, texans and vikings.  but you never know in the nfl, after all, a pitiful bears team is 5 and ******* 1.

Swift really impressed me yesterday with some of his runs between the tackles.  There were a couple runs where he just trucked would be defenders.  That's something I didn't know he had in him. 

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

I couldn't see them losing against Washington last year, but I did, in person. 

Atlanta looked pretty sharp on Sunday, perhaps the Quinn firing has reinvigorated them. 

I could see Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley giving the defense a ton of problems. 

21 hours ago, Buddha said:

I doubt it unless Stafford gets injured. With a healthy Stafford, they are right in the meaty part of that mediocre curve somewhere in that 6-10 or 8-8 range so I don't see them losing to all those teams. Stafford hasn't even played all that well and they are 2-3 and really should have been 3-2 had Swift not dropped the game winning pass. 

The Lions are in the worst spot, similar to the Pistons before this past season, not bad enough to elicit any meaningful change and not good enough to be compete for a playoff spot similar to the team they're playing this Sunday. This should be enough to buy Quinntricia another year.

remaining schedule:

at falcons

colts

at vikings

redskins

at panthers

texans

at bears

packers

at titans

bucs

vikings

i see a 4-7 finish.  6-10 overall.

I can see the Lions getting wrecked by the Falcons.

If they win I think they beat the colts Vikings Washington to go 6-3.

It's actually a Huge game to save the season - if they lose it will be a blood bath the remainder of the year.

The Lions are going to struggle against virtually every team but they are especially gonna struggle against teams with accurate QBs.

Yes you can say that about every team but I think the Lions it is especially true due to their scheme.  Accurate QBs are going to find any holes in it, the non accurate ones they have a shot against.  We've seen that with the Bears(should've won), Cardinals and Jags thus far.

So with that said depending on how Cousins looks(when he's playing well he is among the most accurate but he can be hit or miss) they don't play many QBs known for their pin point accuracy the rest of the way outside of Brady and Rodgers.  Ryan like Cousins can be hit or miss and Rivers hasn't been the same the past couple seasons.  So who knows maybe they'll catch some of these QBs on an off day and steal some games we wouldn't expect them to win. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Lions are going to struggle against virtually every team but they are especially gonna struggle against teams with accurate QBs.

Yes you can say that about every team but I think the Lions it is especially true due to their scheme.  Accurate QBs are going to find any holes in it, the non accurate ones they have a shot against.  We've seen that with the Bears(should've won), Cardinals and Jags thus far.

So with that said depending on how Cousins looks(when he's playing well he is among the most accurate but he can be hit or miss) they don't play many QBs known for their pin point accuracy the rest of the way outside of Brady and Rodgers.  Ryan like Cousins can be hit or miss and Rivers hasn't been the same the past couple seasons.  So who knows maybe they'll catch some of these QBs on an off day and steal some games we wouldn't expect them to win. 

cousins is great with no pressure and god awful with any pressure at all.

which will tell you why he's picked the lions apart recently.

if they cant get pressure on cousins, ryan, and rivers, they'll get shredded.  but they were able to pressure jacksonville and stuff the run, if they can keep that up, they can win some of these games.

let's see if patricia really has learned something and is willing to adapt again.