Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

14 Years Ago today

Recommended Posts

Plus back in the 1910s it was day baseball only. Day baseball?! You know the only people who can watch day baseball? Nickel-dime people who ought to get a ****** job and find out what it's like to earn a ***** living. 85% of the world was working, the other 15% were watching day baseball.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
BetRivers Michigan Sports Betting

BetRivers Michigan $50 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching in January 2021. Pre-register at BetRivers Sportsbook and get a free $50 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan Now

4 hours ago, Yoda said:

It's hard to imagine growing up in the 1910's where only the rich kids had cable. Luckily things would drastically improve for them over the next 20 years. 

Poor kids knew how to steal cable boxes........and unscramble the porn channel.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 7:20 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

That was beautiful. I still remember where I was and who I was with just prior (I was on the road at that moment driving in the SCurve in downtown GR)

I absolutely remember...


I was out to dinner at a restaurant in NYC with about ten friends, trying to get the score to come up on my phone. I couldn't get service, was frustrated and knew it was late in the game, so I stood up and walked out without saying a word, dinner still on the table. I walked down the street to the first bar I found, went in, ordered a beer, and then turned around to the TV with the game on...I turned around as the pitch was delivered and Maggs hit it out...chugged my beer, went back to the restaurant and finished the meal with my friends.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had tickets to the game.  My wife's grandmother was in the hospital.  The family, except us, got invited to a wedding.  My wife was on hospital duty because of that.   We had tickets Friday, Saturday, Sunday (if necessary).   Another close friend had their kid's 1st birthday that afternoon that we were going to.  There was a lot going on.  GIven all of that and to save a bit of $$ we sold Satuday's tickets to another friend at face.  Keep in mind we sold these before game 1 so a sweep wasn't really something we were thinking of.  Sunday also was a Lions home game.  My ticket friend had season tix for that too..... so our grand plan was Lions game, dinner, Tigers game 5.

I'm never selling another playoff ticket of a potential clincher ever again. 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps in January 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Create New...