theroundsquare

2020 Playoff Picks

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

you score more runs if someone is on base when all those power hitters are hitting homers.

He isn't that great at getting on base yet.  He will need to walk more because he's not going to bat .340 every year.  He is young enough where he could still increase his walk rate though. 

James McCann was also eliminated yesterday...excellent.

Cubs eliminated by the Marlins. Aside from Houston advancing these playoffs have played out perfectly for me.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cubs eliminated by the Marlins. Aside from Houston advancing these playoffs have played out perfectly for me.

Fla loses 105 in 2019. Wins playoff series in 2020

And San Diego advances.

I'll be honest.  Tatis Jr is a fun player.  Lindor who?

Man, this was a long week. Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend to watch some playoff baseball. 

Ah, jeez, it's going to be an Astros-Yankees ALCS isn't it? Damn it. It's like having to choose between rooting for Wells Fargo versus rooting for Facebook.

So, we're all in for the NL to win the World Series, do I have that right?

9 hours ago, Casimir said:

Rays.

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Rays.

Jebus, why did I assume Yankees vs Astros for the ALCS?

I feel shame.....

10 hours ago, Casimir said:

Oakland

Yeah, I'd be fine with Oakland.  Certainly would like to see them knock off Houston now. 

I liked them going to Hendriks in the 7th yesterday.  That was the critical time of the game, it was a do or die situation for Oakland, no need to save their closer for the 9th.  He may not be available for today's game, but there may not be today's game without having your best bullpen option go into the game when he did.  A 3 IP closer.  Rollie Fingers, Bruce Sutter, Lee Smith, et al are rejoicing.

I wouldn't be against the Dodgers winning.  Not that I like them or anything but they have been the best franchise in baseball the last 8 years only to lose in the crapshoot that is the MLB playoffs so I think they are deserving of winning one.   

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wouldn't be against the Dodgers winning.  Not that I like them or anything but they have been the best franchise in baseball the last 8 years only to lose in the crapshoot that is the MLB playoffs so I think they are deserving of winning one.   

i wouldnt mind the dodgers either.

i like the bad blood that is coming from the dodgers-padres series.  kind of spices things up a bit.

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i wouldnt mind the dodgers either.

i like the bad blood that is coming from the dodgers-padres series.  kind of spices things up a bit.

Yeah I think this is just the first of many battles that are going to come in the next 5+ years.   The Padres are going to be scary good in the future.  I mean they already are really good and they still have the best pitching prospect in baseball yet to throw a pitch,  on top of another 3 top 50 overall prospects that have yet to make any impact.  Not to mention Mike Clevenger as well who really didn't contribute much to them yet this year.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'd be fine with just to see Kershaw get one. The Astros cheating ruined robbed him of one and furthered hurt his postseason legacy, as he was dominant in that series away from Houston. 

The one thing that might stink if the Dodgers won is that there will be those that apply an asterisk to this season.  But I think it'd be a shame if they went through this current era of their franchise without a ring.

7 minutes ago, Casimir said:

The one thing that might stink if the Dodgers won is that there will be those that apply an asterisk to this season.  But I think it'd be a shame if they went through this current era of their franchise without a ring.

I don’t think many would discount a championship by a team like the Dodgers this season. 

For a team like the Marlins or Astros, maybe. Or if a team like the reds or blue jays had won, people might roll their eyes. 

But any team that was seen as a shoe-in for the postseason back in March, and that actually performed well during the 60 game regular season, winning an extra wild card series, plus the standard division series, LCS, and WS, is more than sufficient to be legitimate.

In a real season, Kershaw might have been tired by the time the playoffs came around...  

A Dodgers championship would probably be little more legit than other teams, but I will never consider this season to be a real season.  

I hate the Dodgers. I'm fine with anyone but LAD, NYY or Houston. I took a dump this am that looked like Bullet Bob Turley

Greenie allows two hits.  Then he shows the next hitter Laureano two fingers, signaling the pitch.  That pitch thenbecomes a 3 run home run.

Oooooops.

I think the Astros winning the World Series would be a complete disaster for MLB and especially Rob Manfred for the lack of punishment for their previous cheating.    That's the last thing baseball needs right now.  

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think the Astros winning the World Series would be a complete disaster for MLB and especially Rob Manfred for the lack of punishment for their previous cheating.    That's the last thing baseball needs right now.  

I want this to happen because Manfred sucks.  It really doesn't make a difference this season though.