theroundsquare

2020 Playoff Picks

Jays, Indians and Twins all knocked out on some day. In a year of many highs to choose from, this may have been one of the best days of 2020.

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

More than the Yankees?

absolutely.

on the list of hated baseball teams, the yankees are pretty far down on the list for me.

indians, twins, white sox, red sox, cardinals are all more despised than the yankees.

yankees fans are annoying and arrogant, but they have the right to be arrogant.  the yankees are the best organization in baseball history.

the indians are a bunch of losers from cleveland who think theyre better than detroit because their baseball team was good for a decade amidst 100 years of sucking.  the twins beat the tigers in the only playoff game i ever went to, still mad about that.  the white sox are a trash team with loser *** hole fans. the cardinals fans are obnoxious with their cardinal way bull**** and still mad over 2006.

the red sox need no explanation.  massholes.

For me the Yankees will always be the ****ingest worst ******* franchise in all of sports. Every time I take a dump I picture several ******* Yankees under my *** getting to swim in my ****

30 minutes ago, chasfh said:

More than the Yankees?

Yes.  I know its unpopular, but I don't hate the Yankees.  I really like NYC and that may influence me

Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Facebook.

The only teams left that I actively root against are the Yankees, White Sox, Cardinals, and Cubs. I'm ambivalent about the rest winning.

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Facebook.

rooting for the indians or white sox is like rooting for trump.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

He doesn't sound like a bad boy to me.  He sounds like a dork among jocks and I think it's amusing.  

He has his moments.

52 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Are the Reds going to get shut out on consecutive days? T. Bauer is not going to be happy.

He may chuck a baseball at a cardboard mlb owner

I really liked Nick Madrigal at the time of the draft, but now that I've seen him, I really want to punch him in the throat.  Glad he's not a Tiger and I can instead learn to hate him as a member of the Chisox.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

I really liked Nick Madrigal at the time of the draft, but now that I've seen him, I really want to punch him in the throat.  Glad he's not a Tiger and I can instead learn to hate him as a member of the Chisox.

the next time Madrigal gets punched in the throat, it will not be the first, or last, time

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Are the Reds going to get shut out on consecutive days? T. Bauer is not going to be happy.

That little ***** always has to have something to cry about for attention on the internet. He'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

The worst part is I could see him being a thorn in the Tigers side for years to come by hitting bloop singles in every important situation he gets presented with. 

7 hours ago, Buddha said:

rooting for the indians or white sox is like rooting for trump.

There is so much you can do with that train of thought, but I won't do it here.  

White Sox gone.  Oakland wins their first series since the 06 ALDS, ⁰I can't remember what happened to them the following series though.

So, the teams that win this first series in the playoffs....... do they get to pack up their cardboard cutouts and take them with them to the next series at the neutral sites and place them in the stands for their "home" games?

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

i wanted the tigers to take him #1 over mize.

he's going to be hitting .340 for a long time.

of course, he may be slugging .340 for a long time too....

I like Madrigal because he has an unusual profile for a 21st Century hitter.  He might not be so valuable in this era, but I wish there was a greater variety of hitters than there is now.  Everybody wants to be Mark McGwire now.  I am not saying they shouldn't be hitting the way they do now.  They should, but I don't like how the game has evolved so that everyone swinging for the fences has become beneficial.    

14 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I like Madrigal because he has an unusual profile for a 21st Century hitter.  He might not be so valuable in this era, but I wish there was a greater variety of hitters than there is now.  Everybody wants to be Mark McGwire now.  I am not saying they shouldn't be hitting the way they do now.  They should, but I don't like how the game has evolved so that everyone swinging for the fences has become beneficial.    

you score more runs if someone is on base when all those power hitters are hitting homers.