RatkoVarda

2020-21 Off season

The Tigers team success of the near future relies solely on hiring any manager not named Lloyd McClendon.

Iirc Mize's walk rate was awesome in college. He's likely adjusting to a much higher level where not every batter whiffs at his splitter. I think he needs to use his other pitches more. He's learning. It's like when I was learning to be a pineapple farmer. I learned you just can't do that in Michigan. Took me a couple years with zero crop to figure it out. So I became a psychotherapist to formerly homeless folks. 

10 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Mize gets a mulligan from me this season, but he needs to step up next year. 

The first opportunity for Mize to work on anything in any game that mattered this year was August 18. That's four months development time he missed out on, with no chance to work on pitching to live batters trying to put him out of a job during games that count.

Whether he starts in the minors next will depend on how dominant he is in Lakeland next March, but either way, I'm not disappointed in his performance this year. This was a completely ****ed-up season.

Joel Zumaya won't be throwing out any first pitches any time soon....  I made a slight edit on the word but yeah that's it...

zumaya.PNG

I'd love to hear what Joel Zumaya has to say about Dave Littlefield.

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Iirc Mize's walk rate was awesome in college. He's likely adjusting to a much higher level where not every batter whiffs at his splitter. I think he needs to use his other pitches more. He's learning. It's like when I was learning to be a pineapple farmer. I learned you just can't do that in Michigan. Took me a couple years with zero crop to figure it out. So I became a psychotherapist to formerly homeless folks. 

to bad you never met this guy, you could have combined your gigs.

Manuel Noriega mugshot cropped.jpg

30 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I'd love to hear what Joel Zumaya has to say about Dave Littlefield.

He makes the players lift their own boxes?

How is everyone streaming games in the postseason? My mlb TV account is blacked out, even when I use a VPN. Currently I'm using some less than ideal methods so I'm curious what others are doing

2 minutes ago, JackPine said:

How is everyone streaming games in the postseason? My mlb TV account is blacked out, even when I use a VPN. Currently I'm using some less than ideal methods so I'm curious what others are doing

I have cable at home but not at my shop. So when I'm at my shop I sign into the individual network's apps (NBC, ESPN) using my cable log-in. You have to have some sort of subscription to those networks. 

Or get Kodi. Not sure how good of a stream it will be but I've seen some good ones on there for football. 

I remember when I was a kid, we would just turn the television on and start watching it.  Those were the days.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I remember when I was a kid, we would just turn the television on and start watching it.  Those were the days.  

The choice was this channel or that channel.  And you liked it.  Those were the days.

18 minutes ago, Casimir said:

The choice was this channel or that channel.  And you liked it.

well, except when it was Ozzie and Harriet. Always thought Ozzie was a putz.

I actually had no idea who Dave Littlefield was until Zumayas post.  Is he 2nd in command? I always thought that was Chadd.

40 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

well, except when it was Ozzie and Harriet. Always thought Ozzie was a putz.

do you lee and liston all sit around together and talk about the good old days before "talking pictures" and "motorized horses" ruined everything?

42 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I actually had no idea who Dave Littlefield was until Zumayas post.  Is he 2nd in command? I always thought that was Chadd.

Chadd two Littelfeild is head of player development. 

I'm trying to figure out why Joel is so mad. Like what the heck happened. 

Freep had an article projecting 2021 line-up. No creativity. Maybe bring back Cron, Schoop and Romine. Of course I'm not sure Al or Chris are potentially creative.

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Avila is an easy and obvious target, but seems odd to call out Littlefield, too.  

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

weird. I doubt Joel is close to anyone still in the system. In fact only Miggy remains from 2010. Maybe he just wants a playoff team?

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

do you lee and liston all sit around together and talk about the good old days before "talking pictures" and "motorized horses" ruined everything?

I think all the choices today are great, but they make it so complicated.  I want to be able to just turn on the TV and start watching. I want the best of both worlds.  Somebody figure it out.  

25 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I think all the choices today are great, but they make it so complicated.  I want to be able to just turn on the TV and start watching. I want the best of both worlds.  Somebody figure it out.  

Read a book.

2 hours ago, leflore said:

Al denied his workman's comp for his video game injury

Is it possible that Zumaya tried to get back into the organization in some capacity and was denied?

13 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Read a book.

My book reading has increased a lot the last couple of years.  I hardly ever watch TV now.  

10 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Is it possible that Zumaya tried to get back into the organization in some capacity and was denied?

i doubt he would want to cut his weed consumption that much