Jump to content
RatkoVarda

2020-21 Off season

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

No way the Red Sox is more attractive, they are toast.  No farm system, little MLB talent and are way behind the Yankees, Rays and Blue Jays in their division. 

On top of that they also play for a city and fan base that expects to win so your leash is going to be short.  

Red Sox fans suck. All Boston fans suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $200 Free Offer - Launching Friday (1/22)

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is launching on Friday, January 22, 2021. Pre-register at BetMGM Sportsbook & Casino and get a free $200 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $200 at BetMGM Michigan Now

9 hours ago, leflore said:

Red Sox fans suck. All Boston fans suck. 

Big time!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Buddha said:

both sports ruined by analytics.

Coming into this forum and saying that? You've been blacklisted, blocked, ignored and banned. Have fun with Stan...😅😅😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Coming into this forum and saying that? You've been blacklisted, blocked, ignored and banned. Have fun with Stan...😅😅😅

Buddha was ruined by analytics.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, leflore said:

Red Sox fans suck. All Boston fans suck. 

Bruins fans are OK.  Not the brightest bulbs, but not entitled either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Bruins fans are OK.  Not the brightest bulbs, but not entitled either. 

That's true, I was actually a Bruins fan during the Orr era. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, leflore said:

That's true, I was actually a Bruins fan during the Orr era. 

I spent a few nights listening to Fred Cusick on the transistor radio under my pillow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Bruins fans are OK.  Not the brightest bulbs, but not entitled either. 

Bruins fans are OK and by the time that Bobby Orr came along, they had earned him, and the league was due for a shakeup, and he changed everything.

When I was in my last year of elementary school, in the fall of 1963,  a few students in our class were treated to a trip to a Junior A game in St. Catharines, about 6 miles up the road and about 15 miles west of Niagara Falls.  Back in those days the 6 NHL teams owned players as young as 14, playing for the junior teams across Canada.  The St. Catharines team, in OHA (Ontario Hockey Association) Junior A, was owned by the Chicago Black Hawks and, in recent memory, players like Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito and countless others had played there in their late teens.

So this game that I attended in the fall of 1963, the St. Catharines Black Hawks were playing against the Oshawa Generals, one of two OHA teams owned by the Bruins (the Niagara Falls Flyers were the other, that's where Derek Sanderson came from), and Bobby Orr was in the lineup for Oshawa and without looking it up I am going to guess that he was 14.  Did he do anything memorable?  No, not that I recall.  But that's not the point.  The point is that I saw Bobby Orr play Jr A hockey when he was 14.  So, bow down.

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Bruins fans are OK and by the time that Bobby Orr came along, they had earned him, and the league was due for a shakeup, and he changed everything.

When I was in my last year of elementary school, in the fall of 1963,  a few students in our class were treated to a trip to a Junior A game in St. Catharines, about 6 miles up the road and about 15 miles west of Niagara Falls.  Back in those days the 6 NHL teams owned players as young as 14, playing for the junior teams across Canada.  The St. Catharines team, in OHA (Ontario Hockey Association) Junior A, was owned by the Chicago Black Hawks and, in recent memory, players like Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito and countless others had played there in their late teens.

So this game that I attended in the fall of 1963, the St. Catharines Black Hawks were playing against the Oshawa Generals, one of two OHA teams owned by the Bruins (the Niagara Falls Flyers were the other, that's where Derek Sanderson came from), and Bobby Orr was in the lineup for Oshawa and without looking it up I am going to guess that he was 14.  Did he do anything memorable?  No, not that I recall.  But that's not the point.  The point is that I saw Bobby Orr play Jr A hockey when he was 14.  So, bow down.

  

🧎🧎‍♀️🧎‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, tiger337 said:

Having a runner start at second in extra innings is really dumb.  

Maybe they should just have tie games like hockey used to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Maybe they should just have tie games like hockey used to?

Yes, football had them too.  If you can't determine a winner playing real baseball, real hockey or real football, just call it a tie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

His boss has a job for him to do.  

Lewicki should have been a position player.  He’s always hustling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, leflore said:

That's true, I was actually a Bruins fan during the Orr era. 

Me too. My first team, thanks to my uncles who were Orr nuts. Watching Rangers-Bruins final in the spring of ‘72 is my first NHL memory. Had a couple of his posters on my bedroom wall. So I was a Bruins fan 5 years before I became a Wings fan. But by the late 70s I was cheering for the Habs over the Bruins when they played each other in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew it!  I knew they were going to tear it all down again...they just let Bonifacio go!!  What possible reason would they have for that except a salary dump??  That's it, I'm done.  **** this ****ing team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I knew it!  I knew they were going to tear it all down again...they just let Bonifacio go!!  What possible reason would they have for that except a salary dump??  That's it, I'm done.  **** this ****ing team.

Calm down Chas, they can resign him to a minor league contract with options when he isn't picked up this spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Calm down Chas, they can resign him to a minor league contract with options when he isn't picked up this spring.

He'll be deluged with offers, he'll easily get 5/88.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Get Springer for LF, please.

While I like Springer, he's 31 and I just don't see Al going that route. Perhaps if he doesn't get any long term offers? Or maybe if Hinch is hired it increases the odds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

He'll be deluged with offers, he'll easily get 5/88.

He wants to play for a winner.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

He'll be deluged with offers, he'll easily get 5/88.

I'd play 5 games for $88.  Where do I sign?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, socaltiger said:

No stros please....there's lots of other options for managers and players...

I don't think a ****ty team/organization like ours should be taking the moral high ground if we can improve our team.  Hire Hinch, who is the best available managerial candidate, and have him help bring in Springer, who might be the best offensive player in free agency. Fills a need.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early

   


×
×
  • Create New...