Buddha

week 3: lions at cardinals

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Chicago is the luckiest 3-0 in the history of the NFL. : )

the worst of all time

the team that turned the ball over 3 times lost to the team that didnt turn it over at all.

• Like 1

As out of place as Okudah has looked much of the first three weeks, his pick today showed closing speed that very few players have.

Anyone watching this Packers Saints game the officials just gave the Packers like a full extra yard on a 4th down run.

EDIT: Saints challenge.  The fact that they had to is crazy.

3 hours ago, sagnam said:

That hold that wiped out the TD probably saved this game for the Lions.  With that much time left I’m sure the Cardinals would have scored on the next possession.

I thought the same thing when it happened. Blessing in disguise and all that. 

just to reiterate that other teams are also bad: the falcons are the first team in nfl history to lose back to back games when leading by more than 15 points.  

and the eagles lined up to kick a winning field goal in overtime and had a false start that pushed them out of field goal range.

the lions are bad, but theyre not alone...

15 hours ago, NYLion said:

I know that Stafford had a good QB rating but I felt he was a bit off a lot of the game, the receivers made some great catches.

Nice win but, my god, that pass rush is unspeakably bad. Murray sort of gave them this game. This win was lipstick on a pig essentially.

As a general supporter of Stafford, I agree that he didn't have a great game.  He wasn't horrible or even bad, but he did make some mistakes.  A number of passes were a bit off.  I'd say this was just a decent game for him, nothing fantastic, but would not have been the first place I pointed if the Lions lost this one.

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

the team that turned the ball over 3 times lost to the team that didnt turn it over at all.

That is probably the most accurate way to of breaking down why one lost and one won.  I mean, the Cards didn't punt until how late in the game?  If we assume even just one of those INTs turned into a TD than the Lions are driving to tie the game with a TD instead of winning with a FG at the end.

Now, kudos to the defense for getting the INTs but given that they had zero INTs in the first two games and now get three, I feel part of it was due to a young QB rather than a good defense.

Whenever I see a team do something that they usually do not do, I always feel like it is the players saying "f it" to the scheme or whatever and just trying to make plays on their own.  Going rogue.

Is be worried about firing this regime if the goal is to blow it all up and start over, because doing so could lead to meaningless wins this year. Better to stick with the clowns through the end of the season to maximize draft picks. 

Trying to remember who the other options were back when Jim Caldwell was hired. I recall people hated that hire. 

Anyway, the current regime is hot garbage and they should all be gone on black Monday. 

31 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Trying to remember who the other options were back when Jim Caldwell was hired. I recall people hated that hire. 

Anyway, the current regime is hot garbage and they should all be gone on black Monday. 

I'm not positive but I think people were clamoring for Whisenhunt, Bill O'Brien or Jay Gruden.  Personally I seem to recall being high on Whisenhunt.   Whisenhunt struggled in AZ when their quarterback situation was terrible but I thought with a solid QB like Stafford he could maximize his game and the offense would excel which in turn the team would excel.   

I can't remember for sure but I believe I was one of those against Caldwell because I thought he had limited upside.  Like I figured he wouldn't be a disaster but he wouldn't be the hire that could potentially help turn the franchise around.