Keepleyland2

9/27 @1:05 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

Agreed.  If we finish with a top 8 pick next season, it will be a huge indictment of the organization’s ability to develop players.

I don't want Al spending. I hope he doesn't and they have another awful year. Then, the decks will be cleared for a good gm to move it forward.

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Tigers lose 3-1. Just going by the box score, 5 strongish innings from Skubal. So positive outcome overall.

yeah - Skubal has had a great start for a guy coming from AAA. Honestly - it's the launch we had hoped to get from Mize.  I'm not TOO worried about Mize, but he is going to lose time because he can't be sent to AAA for a whole year after making these starts and seeing his problems.

2 hours ago, kdog said:

I don't want Al spending. I hope he doesn't and they have another awful year. Then, the decks will be cleared for a good gm to move it forward.

I can’t imagine there will be a lot of spending in general this offseason.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I can’t imagine there will be a lot of spending in general this offseason.

this has to be the worst year to be a free agent.  one thing it might allow them to do is to sign some guys on one year deals for ok money because no one will be throwing out big cash.

3 hours ago, kdog said:

i think you'll get your wish about them not spending and still being bad, but Al isnt going anywhere.

if mize and co make it to the majors and suck, that's when Al gets jettisoned.  until then, the rebuild has bought him unearned job security.