Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

9/25 @8:05 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

Recommended Posts

FanDuel Michigan Sports Betting

FanDuel Michigan $100 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching shortly ( December 2020 or January 2021). Pre-register at FanDuel Sportsbook and get $50 free sports bets + $50 free online casino bets with no deposit necessary. Claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan Now

even though we've come out on the losing end, the last few games have been enjoyable.  the is team showing some of their vulnerabilities, but also a lot of resolve.  it's really the perfect outcome--providing entertaining baseball and improving our draft standing at the same time.  we were in playoff contention up until the final week, and might still end up with the #3 pick.  Ain't 2020 great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

No Candelario in the lineup.  Harold is playing first.

I think I saw on the Tweeter that he’s done for the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

even though we've come out on the losing end, the last few games have been enjoyable.  the is team showing some of their vulnerabilities, but also a lot of resolve.  it's really the perfect outcome--providing entertaining baseball and improving our draft standing at the same time.  we were in playoff contention up until the final week, and might still end up with the #3 pick.  Ain't 2020 great?

The Tigers need to win this series to stay out of last place in the Central. However I agree with you they are certainly much better than they were last year. And I will miss baseball season when it’s over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

The Tigers need to win this series to stay out of last place in the Central. However I agree with you they are certainly much better than they were last year. And I will miss baseball season when it’s over.

What's it matter if they finish fourth or fifth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

What's it matter if they finish fourth or fifth?

It would be nice not to finish last for a change. Otherwise no real difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

It would be nice not to finish last for a change. Otherwise no real difference.

At this point, i say finish behind the Royals and get a better draft pick.  Play as many young guys as you can, let them get some more experience, but lose the last 3 (or 5 if they play the Cards).

Of course i am watching and hoping they win, but it would be better to lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

It would be nice not to finish last for a change. Otherwise no real difference.

just hurts the draft position to finish better for some feel good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lose them all, 5 years from now we aren't going to remember if we finished last or not but we will remember if a perennial All Star gets drafted right before us because we won these meaningless games.  

Case and point people have already forgotten that we didn't finish last in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

just hurts the draft position to finish better for some feel good reason.

They won’t be picking first. So does one position really make that much difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

They won’t be picking first. So does one position really make that much difference?

yes. Picking higher is always better. Even if its one pick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lose them all, 5 years from now we aren't going to remember if we finished last or not but we will remember if a perennial All Star gets drafted right before us because we won these meaningless games.  

Case and point people have already forgotten that we didn't finish last in 2018.

All you have to do is look it up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

yes. Picking higher is always better. Even if its one pick.

Yep. Take 2019 draft for example.  We would've been OK if we dropped just 1 spot cause we could've still got Greene or Abrams but if we dropped two there was a big drop off.  Currently the top 6 in that draft are all ranked in the top 50, with some having them all top 30 but after that the next best is in the 90s.  That is a big drop off.  

You never know what pick is going to be the drop off so you always want to have the best one just to be sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yep. Take 2019 draft for example.  We would've been OK if we dropped just 1 spot cause we could've still got Greene or Abrams but if we dropped two there was a big drop off.  Currently the top 6 in that draft are all ranked in the top 50, with some having them all top 30 but after that the next best is in the 90s.  That is a big drop off.  

You never know what pick is going to be the drop off so you always want to have the best one just to be sure. 

Not to mention this year there are three guys at the top then a bit of a drop off to the next group. So picking four means you're unlikely to get one of the pitchers or the short stop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me or does it feel like if this was a regular 162 game season that the Tigers would have lost about 105 games or so when it was all said and done?  Some injuries have hampered them, and their early season 1 run luck is starting to even out (tonight would be a 4th straight game that could be a 1 run loss).

This stretch was when the wheels fell off last year as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Is it me or does it feel like if this was a regular 162 game season that the Tigers would have lost about 105 games or so when it was all said and done?  Some injuries have hampered them, and their early season 1 run luck is starting to even out (tonight would be a 4th straight game that could be a 1 run loss).

This stretch was when the wheels fell off last year as well

They made three free agent signings, like last year, and all ended up getting injured at various points.  At least we saw some nice individual performances and even in their losses, it seemed like they were usually in most games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Not to mention this year there are three guys at the top then a bit of a drop off to the next group. So picking four means you're unlikely to get one of the pitchers or the short stop

Welp, that clinches it.  With the way this year has gone for Detroit sports, we're totally picking fourth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kj2018 said:

Is it me or does it feel like if this was a regular 162 game season that the Tigers would have lost about 105 games or so when it was all said and done?  Some injuries have hampered them, and their early season 1 run luck is starting to even out (tonight would be a 4th straight game that could be a 1 run loss).

This stretch was when the wheels fell off last year as well

Yeah, we ran out of time. 6-18 so far in September (but September 1 was a win, so a 5-18 stretch right now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Sports Betting Offer

FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan - Sports Betting is launching in Michigan shortly (December 2020 or January 2021). If you register before it launches you will recieve $50 dollars at their online sportsbook and online casino!

Click Here to claim the FanDuel Michigan for $50 at Online Sportsbook & Casino Pre-registration Bonus Now

Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...