Motor City Sonics

Gardy Retires - immediately it's the LLoyd show now

58 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

How about Rod Allen?

He’d just choke. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

How about Alex Avila retires after this year and Pops hires him to be the new manager.  

Nepotism pick. 

3 hours ago, clinker said:

Hinch, easy pick.  Almost like it’s meant to be.

I think it might be too soon. 

shelton is going to be 100% behind Lloyd as a full time manager after he leads the team to the playoffs this year.

Well I'll go to bed a tad sad. And questioning why I ate white castle onion rings.

32 minutes ago, Buddha said:

shelton is going to be 100% behind Lloyd as a full time manager after he leads the team to the playoffs this year.

If he leads them to the playoffs, he has to be extended.  

32 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tory Lovullo - if he becomes available......................add him to the list

There’s nothing that Torey Lovullo can’t do

Don’t hire AJ Hinch or Alex Cora. I would never want my beloved Detroit Tigers accused of cheating to win a game. I would interview former Tiger farmhand and former Blue Jays coach Tim Leiper or Phil Nevin. 

7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tory Lovullo - if he becomes available......................add him to the list

Not unless he publicly clarifies how his last name is pronounced.  And if it really is Lovello, he should change the spelling.

Same with Kenny Golladay.  He used to be Kenny Gahl-a-day, but now probably 80 percent of announcers and sports media people call him Gal-a-day, which again doesn't fit the spelling..  Pick one, people.

10 hours ago, clinker said:

Hinch, easy pick.  Almost like it’s meant to be.

Hinch won't come here.  Chris Ilitch's austerity budget has no room in it for buying garbage cans, much less fancy electric buzzers. 

2 hours ago, six-hopper said:

Not unless he publicly clarifies how his last name is pronounced.  And if it really is Lovello, he should change the spelling.

Same with Kenny Golladay.  He used to be Kenny Gahl-a-day, but now probably 80 percent of announcers and sports media people call him Gal-a-day, which again doesn't fit the spelling..  Pick one, people.

Baseball, the only sport where neither Halladay, Holliday or Holaday got the day off.

9 hours ago, Buddha said:

LOL  - and Lloyd's very first move as Tiger manager was a bad one on any objective basis. He pulls Norris who was pitching well because he gave up a ground ball double that would have been an out if the Tigers - who hate playing "no doubles" had actually been playing "no doubles", to bring in Cisnero, who promptly gave up a smash that resulted in a pure luck good outcome for the Tigers. 

Hinch is done in MLB.  No one in their right mind would risk hiring that guy when there are hundreds of other guys you can bring in that are interchangeable.  

Lloyd will get the boys hitting again.  Hopefully, he moves Cabrera out of the #3 hole.  We have the worst #3 hitter in baseball.  I get that they are going to play him, but if he has to play, can he at least be moved down to #6 or 7?

14 hours ago, Hongbit said:

This is an easy call for me.

Bring back Damion Easley.   He fits the mold perfectly. 

How?  He doesn't have any managerial experience.  Isn't that why we all hated Ausmus? 

3 hours ago, six-hopper said:

Not unless he publicly clarifies how his last name is pronounced.

We're not even sure how "Avila" is supposed to be pronounced.  

43 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think they'll sign Lloyd to 2 years and bring in DKB to be the Bench Coach.  

make that one year for Lloyd and I'm on board. 

The big question for the Tigers is Anderson. Can they persuade him to stay with Gardenhire gone or will he hang them up without his BFFL? A good pitching coach is probably worth a lot more than a good manager and Anderson is pretty good. Especially if they take another shot with a younger manager like they did with Ausmus or could with Kelly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

How?  He doesn't have any managerial experience.  Isn't that why we all hated Ausmus? 

we didn't hate Ausmus because he had no experience, we hated him because he had no aptitude for managing his pitching. Weird fault for an ex-catcher but it was what it was.

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

make that one year for Lloyd and I'm on board. 

The big question for the Tigers is Anderson. Can they persuade him to stay with Gardenhire gone or will he hang them up without his BFFL? A good pitching coach is probably worth a lot more than a good manager and Anderson is pretty good. Especially if they take another shot with a younger manager like they did with Ausmus or could with Kelly.

Did I miss something?  When did Anderson become a good pitching coach? 

Rick Anderson is atrocious.  I’ll be bummed if he and Lloyd are part of the Tiger’s future.  I may even move to Canada.

25 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Rick Anderson is atrocious.  I’ll be bummed if he and Lloyd are part of the Tiger’s future.  I may even move to Canada.

If Donald Trump didn't make you move to Canada, Rick Anderson will.  

• Like 1

#Tigers expected to consider A.J. Hinch, Will Venable, George Lombard, Vance Wilson, Don Kelly, Pedro Grifol, and Mike Redmond for managerial vacancy, among others, in addition to internal candidate Lloyd McClendon. Strong

added Thames in another tweet and said no expected to move fast filling the job

2 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Looking around the league recently it seems that being an ex-player has been much more coveted than previous managerial experience.   

22 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:
#Tigers expected to consider A.J. Hinch, Will Venable, George Lombard, Vance Wilson, Don Kelly, Pedro Grifol, and Mike Redmond for managerial vacancy, among others, in addition to internal candidate Lloyd McClendon. Strong

added Thames in another tweet and said no expected to move fast filling the job

Lombard sounds interesting.