Please stay away from the big name free agent signing this off-season. I would love to get Francisco Lindor in the Tigers lineup, but I’m afraid he will become a fourth rate player in Detroit. Detroit’s front office doesn’t do well  in the free agent market. We  cannot afford another disaster like Jordan Zimmerman or Dontrelle Willis. Willis, if I remember correctly, was acquired from the Florida Marlins with Miggy for Andrew Miller. In the long run, the Tigers could be better off going with the their current group of rookie infielders.  What’s your opinion on keeping Jeimer Candelario at first base?

11 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT92 said:

Please stay away from the big name free agent signing this off-season. I would love to get Francisco Lindor in the Tigers lineup, but I’m afraid he will become a fourth rate player in Detroit. Detroit’s front office doesn’t do will in the free agent market. We  cannot afford another disaster like Jordan Zimmerman or Dontrelle Willis. Willis, if I remember correctly, was acquired from the Florida Marlins with Miggy for Andrew Miller. In the long run, the Tigers could be better off going with the their current group of rookie infielders.  What’s your opinion on keeping Jeimer Candelario at first base?

I think Niko is playing himself out of consideration as an everyday player so that leaves 2b open for Paredes and 3b open for Jeimer to go back.  He was showing signs of being a plus fielder there so it maximizes roster value to put him there and 1b is probably the easiest place to shop for a FA - who knows? -they might even offer Cron. Jeimer, W.Castro, Paredes and a FA 1b and your IF is  set until you have to decide where Torkelson fits - but you have some time there and things could resolve by themselves by them. And for that matter, Paredes might start next season in AAA if he doesn't have a good ST. (assuming there is a spring training.)

I like the suggestion of moving Jeimer Candelario back to third base. CJ Cron and Jonathan Schoop both had one year contracts for 2020. I like both Cron and Schoop, however I would bring back Schoop over Cron. I believe every MLB team needs a solid everyday second baseman. 

If Francisco Lindor is a free agent this off-season they should sign him, but he's not.  

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

If Francisco Lindor is a free agent this off-season they should sign him, but he's not.  

I think Cleveland is likely to trade him this year while his still has a year's value left.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

They should trade Niko for him.

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Niko, Jimenez and Greiner for him.  Get er done AA.

I like this plan!

I think Avila reads this forum & has studied my face that exists on my avatar here, and has been taking roster management cues from my comments. You see, pre-game I like to hangout below the catwalk that Avila and other suite buyers use to enter and exit their suites.

Every time I spotted him walking along the catwalk, he would always look down & view the surroundings. Several times he stared at me for an extended look and gave me a little head nod. Three or four times he would then continue to walk to the left and turn back around again and give me another look -- then turn around and continue his walk for good.

He will probably deny reading Motowntigers.com for sure. But clearly he has been acting on the advice I leave in MTS comments in the game following my posts for years. 

• Like 1

When I say the Tigers front office doesn’t do very well in the free agent market; I’m including the Randy Smith(GM) days. Remember Joe Randa, Craig Paquette, Chris Truby and other average free agent talent? Didn’t Dave Dombrowski sign Troy Percival? Thank god the cost of Prince Fielder’s contract comes off Detroit’s books, soon.

17 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT92 said:

When I say the Tigers front office doesn’t do very well in the free agent market; I’m including the Randy Smith(GM) days. Remember Joe Randa, Craig Paquette, Chris Truby and other average free agent talent? Didn’t Dave Dombrowski sign Troy Percival? Thank god the cost of Prince Fielder’s contract comes off Detroit’s books, soon.

And guys like Victor, Valverde, Schoop, Hunter, JD were all free agents signings that contributed. 

57 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT92 said:

I don’t find this very convincing (of your premise), and the great Chris Truby came over from a trade, not free agency.

2 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I think Avila reads this forum & has studied my face that exists on my avatar here, and has been taking roster management cues from my comments. You see, pre-game I like to hangout below the catwalk that Avila and other suite buyers use to enter and exit their suites.

Every time I spotted him walking along the catwalk, he would always look down & view the surroundings. Several times he stared at me for an extended look and gave me a little head nod. Three or four times he would then continue to walk to the left and turn back around again and give me another look -- then turn around and continue his walk for good.

He will probably deny reading Motowntigers.com for sure. But clearly he has been acting on the advice I leave in MTS comments in the game following my posts for years. 

What a gem that was. 

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

And guys like Victor, Valverde, Schoop, Hunter, JD were all free agents signings that contributed. 

+ Pudge and Magglio

1 minute ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Kenny Rogers.

See there a plenty OP

Kenny Rogers--that was a good gamble <ducks>

here are some potential SS free agents over the next two seasons (from MLB Trade Rumors)--this list doesn't include a 2nd tier of guys, like Marcus Semien and Didi Gregorious.  No idea if any of these guys will actually hit free agency, but all would help:

image.png.91742014934ebbfda3bc92648b93c90a.png

5 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

Schoop is a key free agent for the Tigers to sign.

This guy? That’s a lot of blue there. 

CA01E017-70CF-4089-B52D-25C953D7FAF9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

here are some potential SS free agents over the next two seasons (from MLB Trade Rumors)--this list doesn't include a 2nd tier of guys, like Marcus Semien and Didi Gregorious.  No idea if any of these guys will actually hit free agency, but all would help:

image.png.91742014934ebbfda3bc92648b93c90a.png

I would love to sign one of those shortstops and perhaps a solid starter.  Unfortunately looking at the starting pitching market the next couple years I either see guys that will probably cost a ton like Bauer, guys that aren't very good or guys like Verlander or Greinke who will be pretty old by the time they hit free agency(after next season).