First 34 games of last 4 Lions coaches

Rod Marinelli  10-24

Jim Schwartz 10-24

Jim Caldwell 19-15

Matt Patricia 9-24-1

"9-7 isn't good enough"

quinn never said that.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would like to see Stafford on a better team where he doesn't feel he has to win the game every time he drops back and see if he makes that same mistake. 

qb is not this team's problem.

the problem is the inability of bob quinn to identify talent and the inability of matt patricia to coach it.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

qb is not this team's problem.

I know. I like Stafford and want better for him than this ****ty team and fanbase. Trade him to the Saints this offseason when Drew Brees retires and watch him win a Super Bowl. 

so how about trey flowers and jaime collins?  did they look good today in the lions "patriots west" defense?

does the lions defense resemble the patriots defense at all?  well....it DOES resemble the patriots defense when patricia was their defensive coordinator, but certainly not their defense after he left.

and jaime collins looks like he did the last time he left the patriots: bad.  and trey flowers looks like he did last year: tremendously adequate and not the type of defensive end you break the bank for.

#firebobquinn

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I know. I like Stafford and want better for him than this ****ty team and fanbase. Trade him to the Saints this offseason when Drew Brees retires and watch him win a Super Bowl. 

stafford was not great today or on the opener, but he was ok.  

there are so so so many issues on this team right now.  they are so talent deficient at every position on defense that its really funny that people focus on stafford so much.

Just now, Buddha said:

there are so so so many issues on this team right now.  they are so talent deficient at every position on defense that its really funny that people focus on stafford so much.

I think part of the reason is that he has to do so much. I feel like every time the Lions have the ball they need to score. Does Stafford take that sack trying to make a play instead of just throwing it away if he trusts his defense? Does he force that ball against the Bears with the lead if he trusts his defense? Do the Lions even call pass plays in those situations?

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think part of the reason is that he has to do so much. I feel like every time the Lions have the ball they need to score. Does Stafford take that sack trying to make a play instead of just throwing it away if he trusts his defense? Does he force that ball against the Bears with the lead if he trusts his defense? Do the Lions even call pass plays in those situations?

it doesnt matter.  he made poor decisions and they cost the lions points.

however, the real problem is the lack of talent on defense.  i mean, the offense has been fine even without their best playmaker in golladay.  the defense, however, has been pathetic.  again.

jaime collins has been horrible.  jarad davis has been horrible.  jalani tavai has been horrible.

one can expect okudah to get roasted by davante adams.  he's a rookie cb and they get roasted all the time.  but what might help him?  perhaps a little pass rush?  the lions hit rogers three times all game after hitting trubisky four times last week.  theyre not giving their corners a chance because they refuse to draft players who can rush the passer and refuse to play a scheme that puts any pressure on other qbs.  its maddening.

and why is will harris starting over tracy walker?  he's been awful.  

the lions are an absolute train wreck right now.  if theyre 0-4 and they let patricia and quinn continue it will just be more of the same ol lions garbage.

10 minutes ago, Buddha said:

and why is will harris starting over tracy walker?  he's been awful.  

Probably because he's better at kissing up and buying into the cult-like b.s. coming out of allen park these days

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Stafford's INT % is the same as it was under Caldwell. 

He said mistakes. Not int %.   

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

but that caldwell team wasnt any good...

you want to go back to jim bob cooter?

9-7 and not any good is better than 9-24 and not any good, no?

Caldwell had to go but in comparison to Patricia, he's a coaching genius. The thing about Caldwell is despite his vanilla schemes that limited the potential of his teams, his players played hard for him and he was a well respected coach. This big slob of a coach who is a self proclaimed genius is an embarassment on every level and now his team has quit on him on top of all the systematic flaws of his scheme.

This is just as bad if not worse than the Marinelli era. Think about this for a second, this might be the worst era of Lions football with arguably their best QB of the Super Bowl era, a franchise that has won one playoff game in 62+ years. Let that sink in for a minute.

56 minutes ago, NYLion said:

9-7 and not any good is better than 9-24 and not any good, no?

Caldwell had to go but in comparison to Patricia, he's a coaching genius. The thing about Caldwell is despite his vanilla schemes that limited the potential of his teams, his players played hard for him and he was a well respected coach. This big slob of a coach who is a self proclaimed genius is an embarassment on every level and now his team has quit on him on top of all the systematic flaws of his scheme.

This is just as bad if not worse than the Marinelli era. Think about this for a second, this might be the worst era of Lions football with arguably their best QB of the Super Bowl era, a franchise that has won one playoff game in 62+ years. Let that sink in for a minute.

the lions are still playing hard, they just arent any good and are playing a bad nfl scheme.

remember, caldwell was smart enough to make the lions offense play at the slowest pace in the nfl.  why?  because he knew just how bad his defense was.  and that defense has gotten nothing but worse since then.

to me, thats the biggest damning of patricia.  this is his defense and theyve gotten nothing but worse.  they are the worst defense in the nfl AGAIN.  

if they are 0-4, then i dont know how you keep them.  then again, this is the lions so they will probably get contract extensions.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Yes Stafford was OK, when it's all said and done, but it is hard to overstate how consequential and deflating that sack at the end of the 2nd quarter was. On 2nd and 6, deep in your territory, you have to get the ball out quickly or throw it away. Instead, he almost gave up a safety. Astonishing. Now you've been up by 11 and you go into halftime down by 3... after having given up a massive lead the week before. 

But we probably wouldn't be talking about it if the defense didn't give up 500 yards. 

Just now, Jason_R said:

Yes Stafford was OK, when it's all said and done, but it is hard to overstate how consequential and deflating that sack at the end of the 2nd quarter was. On 2nd and 6, deep in your territory, you have to get the ball out quickly or throw it away. Instead, he almost gave up a safety. Astonishing. Now you've been up by 11 and you go into halftime down by 3... after having given up a massive lead the week before. 

But we probably wouldn't be talking about it if the defense didn't give up 500 yards. 

agreed.  stafford has not been good enough.

the fact that he has to be close to perfect in order for this team to win is the bigger issue.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

The excess focus on the guy with the ball in his hands is natural enough, and it isn't helped by a credulous local sports press that regurgitates all the team spin about roster improvement.

trey flowers: $17 million salary.  0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 pressures.

what a great signing!  i'm sure he holds the edge well, and that's what you really want from your highest paid defensive player.

If everything went right this was an 11-5 team at best.  Now they are down 6 starters, early returns on key FA signings in Collins and Harmon are terrible, and there’s been no help from any rookies.  If all of that wasn’t gloomy enough, Stafford is the most important key in their success and he’s made a few inexplicable decisions and his overall play has been well below his capabilities.    They also have arguably the worst head coach in the league.    

This team is a perfect example of a complete **** show.  

Ragnow, Hockenson, and Jake Fox have been the 3 best players on this team through 2 games.  

44 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

They also have arguably the worst head coach in the league.    

This team is a perfect example of a complete **** show.  

Adam Gace and Dan Quinn are trying hard though.  

For the life of me, I don't know why the Falcons players stood there and watched the ball, ever so slowly, cross that 10 yard boundary.   They just stood there.................

I think Adam "Crazy Eyes" Gase gets the ax tomorrow with Gregg Williams getting the Interim gig.   Maybe Shawn Jefferson.  .     

www.nydailynews.com/resizer/Ydef2QDgaaUoQq0RjXv...Adam Gase's eyes steal the show at his introductory press conference with  the Jets - CBSSports.comJets' Adam Gase is unaware of crazy eyes memes

The only reason Quinn and Patricia won't be let go now is that the Lions bye week is fairly soon, after Week 4,  and that gives Kyle O'Brien and whomever they name interim Head Coach (Darrel Bevell or maybe Perry Fewell) some extra time to adjust.   This team can't beat the Cardinals in the the desert when the Cards ore horrible, they are going to get abused next week and by the time the Saints come marching in, there will be nothing left but a giant cat carcass for the Saints to pick at.   

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

jalani tavai has been horrible.

I had to laugh at one point early in the game. So it's supposed be OK that Tavai is big and slow because he is supposed to hold his ground against the run? And there was a RB just carrying him downfield for an additional 5 yrs. One play yes, but the perfect realization of the scheme.

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I had to laugh at one point early in the game. So it's supposed be OK that Tavai is big and slow because he is supposed to hold his ground against the run? And there was a RB just carrying him downfield for an additional 5 yrs. One play yes, but the perfect realization of the scheme.

he was a second round pick when everyone else had him as a late third day pick or an udfa.

but the smartest guys in the room knew better.

just like with jaime collins.  he tried moving away from new england before and was terrible.  but the smartest guys in the room knew better and knew he would do better here.

next season the lions will have a new coach and a new gm and we'll see if they can finally get lucky and hire the right people.

To me the problem lies with the defensive line. 2 games in a row and barely any pressure or push. While our offensive line is doing much better the offence must feel they have to score every time they touch the ball.