RedRamage

Week 2, Lions at Packers

So... how many points do the Packers need to spot the Lions for this to be competitive?

Honestly, knowing the Lions, they'll win this one handily, which will get way too many of us excited and hopeful again, only to lose the next 5 games.

Facing Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay with no pass rush and no cornerbacks.  If Danica Patrick was still in town and playing quarterback for the Packers,  the Lions would probably still be underdogs.

I sure hope this game goes the way I expect it to.  I need the laughs.

If Danica Patrick were still in town she'd be playing WITH the QB...

Actually, she'd be on a date with her girlfriend and the QB would be on a date with his.....not his girlfriend.  But that's another story.

Golladay is/was looking at a big payday. I wonder if his injury is changing the Lions mind about longterm? And like was said, our lack of a pass rush along with an injured secondary, means Rodgers will score at will. Maybe even take most of the 2nd half off?

GRIDIRON ZEROES

♫ Backwards down the field
A bungling team that always yields
And when the Blue and Silver cave
Stand and jeer the lame

Fall down, lose the game
And with no honor and all shame
Stand around, complain
More Lions misery  ♫

54 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I hope the Packers hang 50 on them.    Get rid of this regime. 

The SOL thing to do would be to pull out a win when you least expect it and keep this regime hanging around. That said, if Aaron Rodgers is indeed back to form, intermixed with a banged up Lions Secondary and a defense that struggles to generate pressure on the QB, I could see this game being a Green Bay route. I'd prefer that too if it gets us closer to a front office and coaching change.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The SOL thing to do would be to pull out a win when you least expect it and keep this regime hanging around. That said, if Aaron Rodgers is indeed back to form, intermixed with a banged up Lions Secondary and a defense that struggles to generate pressure on the QB, I could see this game being a Green Bay route. I'd prefer that too if it gets us closer to a front office and coaching change.

This post is me today. 

I thinking I'm rooting for them to not only lose but get embarassed. You know where you can see our talent level is nowhere close to GB. Hasten that change

What we need this season is for them to be really bad so this trash regime is forced out or really good so we look stupid for calling them a trash regime. 

The most likely outcome, unfortunately, with a healthy Stafford is something in between and a regime (and fanbase) that is kept in limbo. A win today would be par for the course in accomplishing that mediocrity and unanswered questions that we so don't desire. For those hoping for real change, and as much as it sucks, we should hope for a humiliating loss today.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

Green Bay will score at will. The Lions will look to control the clock. Good luck with that.

They should score at the endzone not at some guy named will

• Haha 1

What am I missing with Packers -6.  It seems like the number should be double that

You give Mitch Trubisky 5 seconds (as they did in the 4th quarter) and he'll carve you up...............Now imagine that with Rodgers..........An angry Rodgers who has something to prove (How dare you draft a QB in the first round).    

This defense is pathetic.  And they're also down 2 CB and either can't or won't rush the QB.  Unless Rodgers is drunk, this should be a blowout.    

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

What am I missing with Packers -6.  It seems like the number should be double that

If they make it much higher all the bets will be the lions as 10 points is a decent sized win in the NFL. (lions lost 4 games last year by more than ten points and three were in the last few weeks when everyone was dead). Goal of lines is to get bets on both sides, not a predicted outcome.

5 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

If they make it much higher all the bets will be the lions as 10 points is a decent sized win in the NFL. (lions lost 4 games last year by more than ten points and three were in the last few weeks when everyone was dead). Goal of lines is to get bets on both sides, not a predicted outcome.

Oh yeah.  I know exactly how Vegas works.   I think this line should be higher especially with Lions injuries that were still uncertain when line opened.   

As of right now 88% of money is on the Packers.  They would’ve gotten more action at GB -10

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

Oh yeah.  I know exactly how Vegas works.   I think this line should be higher especially with Lions injuries that were still uncertain when line opened.   

As of right now 88% of money is on the Packers.  They would’ve gotten more action at GB -10

Again the Lions were god awful last year, had no QB and still lost by 10 or more in a quarter of the games. Its hard to lose by more than 10

Looks like Saquon Barkley just blew out his knee.  Looks really bad.