Sign in to follow this  
Biff Mayhem

Overly Attached Girlfriend Meme

Somebody posted a hilarious overly attached girlfriend meme recently and I can't remember where. I need it in my life again so if you posted it, hook a brother up.

38 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Somebody posted a hilarious overly attached girlfriend meme recently and I can't remember where. I need it in my life again so if you posted it, hook a brother up.

Overly attached boyfriend meme: 

• Haha 2

Overly attached boyfriend meme, pt. II:

This on contains the greatest post in the history of this board:

On 12/17/2007 at 9:23 AM, Mr.MelissaG915 said:

Ask her to take it off before she has sex with the other guys. It will make you feel better.

• Haha 2

Last one could be real. 

I knew a girl like that. Worked with her at a pizza place in college. She seemed nice.  All American girl. Nothing sleazy or whatever. A normal girl next door girl. I gave her a very innocent ride home once when her car was in the shop.  She took that to mean something important. Then she started calling me. I was with my then girlfriend, now wife.   She was there when she would call. “Is that the psycho?”   Just random  chit chat. Then she got mad at me because I didn’t tell her I was with someone.  A few weeks later she called the store from the Ritz Carlton and asked for me.  She wanted some comp pizza delivered and said she’d meet me down in the area where that is done (they didn’t like us wandering around their halls). I asked why she was there.  She just got married. That was the last time anyone heard from her.  She never came back to work. 

There is a girl that goes to my church who wants to audition for the worship team. It's a very difficult gig to get and they make the audition process challenging to weed out the mediocre musicians. When she found out I was a member of the WCA (worship and creative arts team), I offered some encouragement and went on my way.

Then she found me on Facebook. Then the messages started. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions from "my audition process is going great" and then an hour later it was "ugg I'm so frustrated! I don't think I can do this." I'd offer a figurative pat on the back and some encouragement. The messages increased in frequency to double digits every day. I found out later that she had been doing the same thing to a few members of the WCA including the musical director. They advised to set a boundary and stop replying.

The messages continued but lessened in frequency when I stopped replying and reading them. She could tell that I hadn't been reading the messages but still continued to send me messages every couple of weeks. They still show unread from late January and she still sends the occasional message. She has resorted to tagging me in posts about how she is working on her audition packet. For months now.

She likes and replies to everything I post on Facebook even if I know she has no idea what it is (usually an inside joke). If she sees me at church she'll come sit with us. I don't think it's an attraction thing, I think she just has no clue how inappropriate her behavior is.

I really don't want to discourage her but I don't think she will have the ability to play on the level required to be part of such a high quality production. Once we get past the audition, for every time we're playing we are given a list of songs to play on our assigned day and we have a few days to learn them at home. It doesn't get easier after the audition, it actually gets harder.

I'm not sure age would have anything to do with that. Maybe she knows boundaries and just doesn't care. 

Send a couple Hail Satans and she'll be on her way. 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I'm not sure age would have anything to do with that. Maybe she knows boundaries and just doesn't care. 

Goes to life experience / wisdom.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

How old is she?

I ask because she may just not know boundaries and is just lonely / looking to make (unromantic) connections.

28. I don't know if she is borderline special needs but it seems like it. She works with her mom washing dishes at a charity but drives her own car....it's an anomaly. 

44 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

28. I don't know if she is borderline special needs but it seems like it. She works with her mom washing dishes at a charity but drives her own car....it's an anomaly. 

f4d212867131c11035847fc5cc2f5f8d.jpg

59 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I would put money on the fact she's just looking for friendship and is a bit socially awkward.  To some people work and church are their only social interactions with people.

50 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I would put money on the fact she's just looking for friendship and is a bit socially awkward.  To some people work and church are their only social interactions with people.

Basically, the girl in the meme. 

I would put a lot of money on her owning more than 3 cats. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I would put a lot of money on her owning more than 3 cats. 

Just one. And she has tagged me in the photo or posted a picture of the same cat in a reply to one of my posts more times than I have fingers.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

This is what I lean toward. Its just uncomfortable. You'd think in a church that seats 5000 it would be hard to find somone but I like being close to the front and social distancing requires that every other pew is empty; It's harder to hide.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:16 PM, tiger337 said:

Careful Biff, She is probably reading your MTS posts now  

I've managed to temper the interactions down to zero. She is still sending messages and posting on my facebook wall but I "muted" her and have found a method to avoid her at church so all is good. I feel bad but she is not my job.