Keepleyland2

9/15 @7:10 p.m. Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

$170,000 a year for 10 years!  And a $300,000 signing bonus !?!  Are you kidding me?  That's outrageous!   

To be fair, the total was 2.3 million, which was a big deal in 1977

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Cleveland is in Illinois? I thought it was in Ohio?

i'll ask you again the day after election day whether illinois is better than ohio.

Schoop on the DL, Niko reinstated.

Reyes CF

Castro SS

Cabrera DH

Candelario 1B

Goodrum 2B

Bonifacio LF

Romine C

Paredes 3B

Cameron RF

Boyd P

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

$170,000 a year for 10 years!  And a $300,000 signing bonus !?!  Are you kidding me?  That's outrageous!   

He's a 20 game winner.  They don't grow on trees.  You want a 20 game winner on your staff, you have to pay.

36 minutes ago, kdog said:

Reyes CF

Castro SS

Cabrera DH

Candelario 1B

Goodrum 2B

Bonifacio LF

Romine C

Paredes 3B

Cameron RF

Boyd P

Why not audition Castro at 2B for the balance of the season?  We know he’s not a SS solution.

1 hour ago, leflore said:

To be fair, the total was 2.3 million, which was a big deal in 1977

I know it was a big deal then.  It's just funny given the size of the contracts just a few years later.  

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

How did Gaylord Perry get brought up?  Just wondering cause I googled him to see if he forgot any teams on that jersey he is wearing and come to find out today is actually his 82nd birthday.  Crazy that out of all days he got brought up it would be on his birthday.  

It's not his birthday.  He's lying.  

1 hour ago, kdog said:

that might be it for Schoop in Detroit?

could see him coming back, but Willi and ESock are cheaper, longer term fits

22 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

that might be it for Schoop in Detroit?

could see him coming back, but Willi and ESock are cheaper, longer term fits

As always it will depend on the price for Schoop, Cron and Romine but the latter seems the most viable given our total lack of catchers in the system.

No to Schoop.  Had a great season and we should thank him for gifting us this outlier.  The fool would buy in and sign him to an extension, particularly with two offensive talents in Paredes and Castro, who don’t have a position to play next year.  I’d consider Cron for one more season, as he would not be blocking anyone.  Ambivalent about Romine, just don’t want him as the starter over Rogers.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

Why not audition Castro at 2B for the balance of the season?  We know he’s not a SS solution.

Castro's problem seems more about more disciplined throws than arm strength. Don't know if that really plays that much better at 2nd. You want him to fix his form no matter which he plays.

4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Ambivalent about Romine, just don’t want him as the starter over Rogers.

Would have been nice to get some idea where Rogers is this season. I don't think it bodes all that well that Greiner keep his job all season with his bat as weak as it is.

12 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Let's slap the **** out of these guys.

tenor.gif?itemid=5240766

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Would have been nice to get some idea where Rogers is this season. I don't think it bodes all that well that Greiner keep his job all season with his bat as weak as it is.

Agree, but he has more upside than anyone not named Diggler.

If Jake Rogers could grow a beard like Eric Haase, he might have a chance.33452.png

19 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

If Jake Rogers could grow a beard like Eric Haase, he might have a chance.33452.png

He’s no Brad Ausmus

Eric Haase definitely enjoys camping and fishing in his spare time.   Probably was a boy scout his entire youth and doesn't need matches or a lighter to start a fire.  

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I don't think we know that for sure.  I say he can have some more time there.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

No to Schoop.  Had a great season and we should thank him for gifting us this outlier.  The fool would buy in and sign him to an extension, particularly with two offensive talents in Paredes and Castro, who don’t have a position to play next year.  I’d consider Cron for one more season, as he would not be blocking anyone.  Ambivalent about Romine, just don’t want him as the starter over Rogers.

Schoop might be looking at another one year deal.  I think this offseason will be pretty rough on free agents.

Why Cron?  Are you thinking Candelario back at 3B with Paredes in AAA to regain the offense?

Can't get Merrifield out at the plate?  Just let him get on base and then get him out at the plate.  I like it.