sagnam

Week 1 vs Bears pregame

Golladay is doubtful.

Lions WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) is in the same boat as Quinn after drawing a doubtful tag. TE Hunter Bryant (hamstring), S C.J. Moore (hamstring), and T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot) have been ruled out for Detroit. WR Danny Amendola (hamstring), DE Da'shawn Hand (groin), CB Jeff Okudah (hamstring), LB Julian Okwara (knee), and CB Darryl Roberts (groin) make up their questionable group of players.

The Bears are unlikely to have EDGE Robert Quinn (ankle) after listing him as doubtful. G Germain Ifedi (triceps), LB Khalil Mack (knee), RB David Montgomery (groin), WR Cordarrelle Patterson (knee), CB Buster Skrine (finger), T Jason Spriggs (knee), and WR Javon Wims (Achilles) are listed as questionable.

This game is a complete dart toss.   I can easily envision a blowout, a tight game settled at the very end, or a total meltdown where someone gives the game away.   I just have no clue which team does what. 

The refs making an outrageous call that directly impacts the result of the game is the only scenario where I know which team.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

We can't draft Tua though because he might get hurt again. Sarcasm aside, the training camp reports on his performance didn't seem to indicate that Okudah was going to be the week one starter anyways.

Lions will win the division and host their first playoff game at Ford Field the one year where they can't have any fans at the game. 

13 hours ago, kgeorge78 said:

Swift on the injury report?

We're off to a very Lionesque start with our 1st and 2nd round picks both out due to injury.

14 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

We're off to a very Lionesque start with our 1st and 2nd round picks both out due to injury.

And top receiver and top FA signing. Restore The Roar baby

You know how you have to do something you don't want for the long term good.   In a tough spot.  I kind of want the Bears to win.  I think this Ex-Pat thing is awful and both our GM and Head Coach are at the bottom of the league (at least in the bottom 5).  They should have been fired last year and "9-7 isn't good enough" should have been the reason.  No excuses.  I don't care if Stafford misses most of the season again.............still no excuse.    Jim Caldwell had this team right on the edge of being really good - a couple of bad plays here and there (and some befuddling play calls on game day).   They were probably only a couple players away and a better play caller away from being a seriously good team and now it's a bunch of Patriots castoffs and running good players out of town because they have opinions.   This is awful and it needs to stop, so they need to lose today to start that ball rolling.      Prove me wrong Patricia, I dare you!

I guess this game is the Guinea Pig for CGI fans in the stands and a few other things FOX is trying.  

Wouldn't you want it in a game where the home team could score?  

58 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I guess this game is the Guinea Pig for CGI fans in the stands and a few other things FOX is trying.  

Wouldn't you want it in a game where the home team could score?  

Well the cgi fans be chanting Let's Go Bears in the everyone when we're getting blown out in the 4th quarter?

-1 yard run for Kerryon Johnson. Incomplete passes and conservative play calling. It's only the first drive of the season, but it we're off to a fine start.

Might as well start the season with 3 awful play calls. Back to back runs for nothing and then punt.   Mid season form.  Air the damn thing out. 

• Haha 1

tp - like the lions - in mid season form.

good thing trubisky is still terriblr because despite dropping 8 into coverage, that play was open.  trubs just missed it badly.

tyrell crosby one on one against khalil mack is going to end poorly.