Keepleyland2

9/11 @8:10 Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

35 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Slim Love, that is an unfortunate name.  "Slim" is what people in Africa called AIDS in the 1980's.

41LiqJ7N4VL._SX425_.jpg

Maybe that was it for JZ?

Tigers have 15 games over the next 17 days, so no need for JZ to get another start, but also no reason to think that a rotation with Fulmer and Boyd cannot use some help, even from from JZ, who is awful

56 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If Slim Love were around today he would surely hang with Deuce's crew.  

He would try to hang with them.  

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He would try to hang with them.  

I don't know, sounds like Slim had some big ones and would fit right into the Deuce's crew:

"Love travelled to Memphis and walked into a cafe owned by a friend of Turtles manager Bill Bernhard. Love ordered a drink for himself and invited all of the patrons at the bar to join him. He then boasted that he had come to Memphis from his home in Mississippi "to pitch Memphis into a pennant."[5] The proprietor introduced Love to Bernhard who agreed to give Love a tryout. In his first appearance for Memphis, a spring exhibition game against the Cleveland Indians, Love struck out Nap Lajoie with the bases loaded'

• Like 1

It would be nice to see Mize come out and throw a really good start. Brady Singer just threw 8 innings of 1 hit ball the other night,  so between him, Sixto, Garcia, Luzardo, Mckenzie among a few others there have been a bunch of great starts thrown by rookies this year.  Hopefully Mize can add to that. 

177424B1-50A8-4BBF-92B2-E108F38BFD5A.thumb.jpeg.68f4eb7fd1b9b7c3cc57727d2183bca2.jpeg

Call me an optimist, but I just have a good feeling about this game. I think this team is channeling just the right amount of rage and innocence to do something special tonight. 

41 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

177424B1-50A8-4BBF-92B2-E108F38BFD5A.thumb.jpeg.68f4eb7fd1b9b7c3cc57727d2183bca2.jpeg

Call me an optimist, but I just have a good feeling about this game. I think this team is channeling just the right amount of rage and innocence to do something special tonight. 

"Klaatu, barada, nitko"

• Like 1

Right now the air quality in Chicago is listed as “unhealthy“ and there’s a 40% chance of rain. on my iPhone weather app all I can see is that tomorrow’s forecast has lightning involved in it.

16 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Right now the air quality in Chicago is listed as “unhealthy“ and there’s a 40% chance of rain. on my iPhone weather app all I can see is that tomorrow’s forecast has lightning involved in it.

Also, it smells like pee at the stadium.

18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Looks like the rain should stay well to the west. Tomorrow may be a different story. 

1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

Also, it smells like pee at the stadium.

So normal. I once had a little cesar pizza delivered to the bathroom at Wrigley. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

How’s the air in Idaho? We have been blasted in the past 24 hours by the Oregon and Washington fires, first time all summer. And oh yeah, we have a gazillion moths in our town as part of a once every 15 years cycle. At least they are not murder moths 

27 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

How’s the air in Idaho? We have been blasted in the past 24 hours by the Oregon and Washington fires, first time all summer. And oh yeah, we have a gazillion moths in our town as part of a once every 15 years cycle. At least they are not murder moths 

It’s been on again off again unbearably awful to clear as a bell and it’s supposed to get unbearably awful again for the next several days as all the smoke from Oregon drifts eastward to us. A week to 10 days ago there were a string of days where I barely left the house because I got nauseous almost immediately.

Per Shep Giolito and All-Star James McCann have a Vulcan mind-meld thing going. Woooo...

ugh, I forgot Tim frickin' Anderson is on this team. got him the first time, at least.

OK, after seeing a string of home jerseys on an ad with the D that’s normally on the hat on the jersey it does look weird. It’s not a big deal, it’s not like they changed the uniform to ‘84 San Diego Padres monkey poop brown and yellow but it is disconcerting. It requires people to buy new jerseys if they are so inclined.

Some algorithm probably predicted an extra $10,000 in sales by doing that and that was $10,000 they just couldn’t do without. The impersonal logic of capital accumulation requires it. It flattens everything in its path. Everything solid melts away, everything holy is profaned.