Keepleyland2

9/10 2:15/5:15 Detroit Tigers at St. Louis Cardinals

49 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

With the exception of Soto, Turnbull and to some extent Norris the Tigers entire staff just looks pathetic. 

And its not just the numbers its just the overall stuff and command.  They have neither, you compare it to the electric stuff of pitchers that almost every team feature and its night and day.

Our guys throw 92-94 with no wipe out secondary pitch while other teams pitchers throw in the upper 90s with atleast one plus chase pitch.

If they had command it would be a different story but they have no control on top of ordinary stuff.  It's just not a fair fight at this point. 

I think Skubal has a pretty high value repertoire. He had a bad day with command and the long ball that threw him, but that'll happen at his experience level.

The Cardinals must be a rich team. They even have cardboard cut outs in the bleachers.

7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think Skubal has a pretty high value repertoire. He had a bad day with command and the long ball that threw him, but that'll happen at his experience level.

I agree I should've prefaced it that I wasn't counting Mize or Skubal cause I do think they will be better than they shown even though Im mildly concerned about Mize cause according to reports from last year his command hasn't been the same since he suffered that injury last June.   

He's the type of pitcher that at the least needs decent command cause he doesn't have true over powering stuff.  If his command has been truly compromised due to whatever injury he suffered last year than that really limits his potential ceiling.  

What a difference about 45 hours makes.   At that time we were coming off a victory to move within a half game of the playoffs and got Gardy's tease thinking that we were gonna see Tork or Greene.  Since then we've been outscored 33-2 and instead of being graced with Greene or Tork we got Daz who clearly isn't even close to being MLB ready.   

26 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The phony crowd noise and music is distracting. It seems more intense than usual. 

I am going back to listening on the radio. Logos on the mound, logos on the grass near the dugout, strike zone square, score box, Fox logo, cardboard cutouts. So cluttered. I would love to have an option to see nothing but the game, no graphics, 1972-style I will check the score and stats on my phone.

72-1.png

72-2.png

72-3.png

72-4.png

72-5.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

just to make biggs mad:

james mccann is hitting 333/392/580

Yet the Tigers keep rolling with Greiner and his .128 average.  

Offense is finding its water level.  Cabrera looks awful, and a bottom 3 of Daz, Greiner and Alcantara has limited chance to do anything.  Not sure why Gardy would throw that lineup out there.  
Greiner has to go, he cannot hit anything at all, hitting .128 with 6 hits all year (one of which was a BP HR off a position player last week).  
I would send him down and bring up Rogers, he cannot be any worse.  

Hopefully the Tigers are starting to weed out their dead weight (Stewart, Greiner, Jiminez) amongst others,

8 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I am going back to listening on the radio. Logos on the mound, logos on the grass near the dugout, strike zone square, score box, Fox logo, cardboard cutouts. So cluttered. I would love to have an option to see nothing but the game, no graphics, 1972-style I will check the score and stats on my phone.

72-1.png

72-2.png

72-3.png

72-4.png

72-5.png

I like seeing the score and inning.  I don't need the rest of it.  

11 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Fine, then YOU pay those salaries !

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Fine, then YOU pay those salaries !

Let them dig ditches or graves in the offseason, Richie Hebner could help find them jobs.

Candy is en fuego, smoking hot.  As this inning progresses, Gardy will have to PH for all 3 of the bottom 3 hitters, no way he can let them get 3 more easy outs from that part of the order 

Gardy did his team no favors today, did not PH, and the easy to predict K GO outcome happened.  

Other than Candy, this team is a mess offensively all of a sudden

If Candy proves to not only be a legit bat but All Star level bat then that can help make up for seemingly everything else that has gone wrong this year in terms of player development.   

Him and Tork could be a great foundation at the corners going forward. 

36 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Cabrera looks awful,

I think Miguel has moved into the "good week, bad week, another bad week, good week" phase of his career.

I was hoping Miggy could duplicate Ortiz, or close, as a DH but despite appearing to be in good shape it is not to be. I guess Ortiz was a freak of nature or maybe on the juice after all. It does seem that at 37 players are once again over the hill. Apart from Nelson Cruz of course.

48 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

How on earth, without directions and encouragement, will you have any idea of what objects you need to buy to have a real life and to be the good boy you’re expected to be?

12 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think Miguel has moved into the "good week, bad week, another bad week, good week" phase of his career.

The good weeks aren't really that good though.  

Cardinals walking Miggy intentionally.  Terrible move.  I dread Miguel coming up in the middle of our best hitters.  And the Cardinals bail us out.