Keepleyland2

9/10 2:15/5:15 Detroit Tigers at St. Louis Cardinals

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Zimm is a good guy. Not his fault he was given a huge contract at age 30 post TJ. I hope he does ok. And that the Yankees miss the playoffs. I just met with a client whose favorite 2 sports teams are the Yankees and Cowboys. He was born in Detroit and grew up in Atlanta. I have a headache now because inside I am screaming.

I was born and raised and still live in Massachusetts and I hate the Red Sox.  Does that make you feel better?  

12 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I was born and raised and still live in Massachusetts and I hate the Red Sox.  Does that make you feel better?  

I hate the Red Sox too. I die a little inside whenever I hear about the Yankees or Cowboys or Red Sox or Celtics. I hate them all. HATE!

I don’t think the Tigers are making a specially rational decision in starting Zimmerman that takes into consideration a variety of facts as part of some long-term strategy. I think it’s a specifically tactical, practical calculation as in “what the heck else are we going to do?“

“Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes“ is the best of the bad world that we inhabit right now.

Alan Trammell subs as first base coach for the day, and Tigers batters celebrate by not getting anywhere near him in the 1st inning.

54 minutes ago, Casimir said:

False.

I didn’t say at which base. 

Ha, I am watching the St. Louis broadcast and they are talking about the 1968 World Series and how they admired guys like Lolich, Horton and Kaline. But also adding that Tim McCarver is probably watching the game on tv at home and probably yelling at the screen for them to stop taking about it. And that there is one Cards player from that team (I missed the name) who says he is more bothered about it now than he was 50 years ago. Mike Shannon, in the booth, says he has gotten over it but it took awhile. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Ha, I am watching the St. Louis broadcast and they are talking about the 1968 World Series and how they admired guys like Lolich, Horton and Kaline. But also adding that Tim McCarver is probably watching the game on tv at home and probably yelling at the screen for them to stop taking about it. And that there is one Cards player from that team (I missed the name) who says he is more bothered about it now than he was 50 years ago. Mike Shannon, in the booth, says he has gotten over it but it took awhile. 

Lou Brock (RIP) because of the nonslide?

Bob Gibson because it seems like he had that sort of competitive drive?

28 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I didn’t say at which base. 

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

18 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Nice. I reap more satisfaction from winning than other people losing. But I can understand how badly it must’ve hurt to lose when you were up three games to one and had a lead in the fifth inning it probably seemed you were going to close it out right there.

Baseball is a stupid game.  We are all suckers for caring.   That said, i care.

Going to the bullpen with 0 out in the 3rd in the first game of a DH with JZ starting the second game. A winning formula for the day to be sure!

29-0 the past 13 innings, yikes.  But hey, the Tigers have 4 hits in that stretch.

And, Jiminez is no bueno, he is the next Bruce Rondon

i would send Jiminez down after this game, they need a roster spot for Zimm anyway

7 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Going to the bullpen with 0 out in the 3rd in the first game of a DH with JZ starting the second game. A winning formula for the day to be sure!

Get the Cardinal bats exhausted before the next game.  Brilliant move.

this is a bad joke.  I have a news conference on one channel and this nightmare on the other.

7 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

At least we have Zimmerman to look forward to in game two. 

His veteran presence will steady a confused young staff.  

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Dating back to the 9 inning 2 games ago the Tigers have now given up 33 unanswered runs. 

I think it is 31, the 13 inning totals::

the opponents have 31 runs, 33 hits, 11 walks, 10 doubles, 8 home runs with a total of 9 strikeouts. The Tigers: 4 hits, 1 walk, 16 strikeouts. Yikes