Keepleyland2

9/2 @7:40 Detroit Tigers at Milwaukee Brewers

Not sure why Houser gave Stewart something that wasn't in the dirt up 1-2 in the count.  He swings at almost everything.  

18 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

This book was a good read. Included a write-up of the Schoolboy-Edna mania as Rowe went on the long winning streak in the summer of '34

https://www.amazon.com/Terror-City-Champions-Baseball-Depression-era/dp/1493030582

I read that this past spring after someone recommended it in the off season thread.  (It may have been you)  Terrific book with some Detroit history that I did not know about.

5 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

That sucks.  I think he had either Alzheimer’s or Dementia.  RIP Tom Terrific

Lewy body dementia (and COVID)

That’s a drag to hear about Tom Seaver. Came out of Fresno State, one full year in AAA and then to the Mets and the Hall of Fame.

2 minutes ago, jbhappy said:

Lewy body dementia (and COVID)

and Lyme disease, according to Dan Dickerson.

The bull just got barrelled:

110 MPH, 23 degree launch angle, 438 feet.

Turnbull has gotten away from his 4 seamer up. Hitters are looking low and finding low.

EDIT: then he went to it and missed.

Just by the lingo he uses I get the feeling that Shep has never seen baseball as anything other than one among a number of sports. I like my announcer to be the kind of guy who lost his virginity to baseball. I want baseball to have made a man out of him and for him to be the kind of guy who did right by her and didn’t go and brag about it at school. I want him to love and honor the game. I just don’t think that ever happened to Shep. 

Shep just thought that fly out was the third out and was doing the inning recap as if about to throw it to commercial. 

I guess that Hall of Fame statue they‘ve been building for Goodrum in the catacombs underneath Comerica is going to have to go to Willi Castro now.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I really hope Willi Castro learns to be a very good Right Fielder.   

Second base.

17 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Just by the lingo he uses I get the feeling that Shep has never seen baseball as anything other than one among a number of sports. I like my announcer to be the kind of guy who lost his virginity to baseball. I want baseball to have made a man out of him and for him to be the kind of guy who did right by her and didn’t go and brag about it at school. I want him to love and honor the game. I just don’t think that ever happened to Shep. 

He says “dusted” a lot for when a tigers pitcher gets a strikeout. I don’t think I can remember ever hearing that before. 

Just now, Shelton said:

He says “dusted” a lot for when a tigers pitcher gets a strikeout. I don’t think I can remember ever hearing that before. 

When he had his first girlfriend he started wearing a bowtie and referred to her as his “bird.“ 

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Boomer generation term. I didn't think he was quite that old. Maybe he got it from older sibs?