RatkoVarda

2020 Trade Deadline

I think they got better just by removing Maybin from the roster.   He’s done absolutely nothing this year.    

Daz is still listed under injured list. Doubt we see him this year.

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I think they got better just by removing Maybin from the roster.   He’s done absolutely nothing this year.    

He's gritty, and is a great dude in the clubhouse. There must be a movie in there somewhere?

I'd like to see Derek Hill get the call.  LF has been an offensive black hole--at least he'd bring elite speed and defense.

48 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

That will go straight to Crackle or Vudu

Wait until you see the ending before you say that.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Too soon to call it the greatest trade in Tiger history?

FF60DDDD-4AFE-42C9-82C7-0FF091E85F01.png.9fc3c64024256f5cb0d099d99bbbd83d.png

no, it’s a dream come true. 

6 hours ago, TigerNation said:

Who was never traded? Don't get the comparison here.

I was referring to him also being over rated by top 100 list in lieu of his slow start

20 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

I was referring to him also being over rated by top 100 list in lieu of his slow start

He's extremely tooled up, and should be very good. Had some injuries last year, and should be spending the whole year in AAA. I think this is good for his development to play every day. I think he is rated fairly.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

I'd like to see Derek Hill get the call.  LF has been an offensive black hole--at least he'd bring elite speed and defense.

Reyes and jones should be 2/3 of the outfield the rest of the year 

24 minutes ago, mike06181 said:

Reyes and jones should be 2/3 of the outfield the rest of the year 

Stewart will be the measure of whether they are serious about Avila's claim they are trying to win as many games as they can the rest of the way. They clearly want to give him as many AB as possible - Candelario scuffled a whole season before hitting the switch he appears to have hit recently. But no way around the fact that Stewart is the biggest downward drag among position players now. OTOH, even though he is out of options, I would judge there is little risk they cannot slide him to Toledo if they DFA him. Would you claim him?

16 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Stewart will be the measure of whether they are serious about Avila's claim they are trying to win as many games as they can the rest of the way. They clearly want to give him as many AB as possible - Candelario scuffled a whole season before hitting the switch he appears to have hit recently. But no way around the fact that Stewart is the biggest downward drag among position players now. OTOH, even though he is out of options, I would judge there is little risk they cannot slide him to Toledo if they DFA him. Would you claim him?

Who's better in LF, Stewart or Delmon?

Well Stewart is a bird Killer with his lobs and Delmon kills lots of worms with his bounce passes. I like Birds so Delmon.

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Tigers continue to collect the offspring of Hall Of Famers/Former MLBers joining the likes of Pedro Martinez Jr., Kody Clemens, Daz Cameron,, Cam Gibson and Trei Cruz.

At one point we had Jim Leyland's and Al Kaline's grandsons.

26 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Who's better in LF, Stewart or Delmon?

depends on when in his career you look at Delmon. He was far worse than Stewart in the end, but part of that was because he had been pretty athletic when he first came up. But Delmon went to seed as badly as anyone I've ever seen. So his body had lost the ability to do things his mind still thought it could, which helps make for the most epic fails.

57 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Stewart will be the measure of whether they are serious about Avila's claim they are trying to win as many games as they can the rest of the way. They clearly want to give him as many AB as possible -

I don't think they are that committed to Stew.

I guess what are the alternatives to how he had been used?

27 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

29544224-EACD-4590-8049-815D2923D997.thumb.png.877d7f01ce7109e7146124429538a076.png

The Tigers need a veteran presence in right field and I know just the person. 

Nice, I have a ton of '72 Topps but missed out on the great Idaho Bert. Love that the pic is on the Field of Dreams. I do have duplicates of Utah Ernie

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

He's just not ready. Not close.

Based on what?  You’re down in Toledo?  

41 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I don't think they are that committed to Stew.

I guess what are the alternatives to how he had been used?

It's true that the serial injuries to H. Castro and Maybin have taken OF options off the table, though even with the missing OFs, playing either W. Castro or Niko in the OF was/is an option. Of course Niko isn't doing much better by many measures, but he has done enough to have a  200 pt OPS edge over Stewart. I noted the other day that there glowing reports about Dixon being reported, but who knows what you can take seriously coming from reporters on the phone with Toledo coaches?

I am. Regardless, why do you think he is ready for the bigs? He's struggled offensively at every level. He OPS'd .705 last year in AA.