On 9/20/2020 at 2:07 AM, Deleterious said:

That's interesting stuff.

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Not sure if it was Grant or Plumlee.  But someone screwed up bad.

Plumlee.  He was giving AD too much buffer and then called for a switch on a Lebron screen that was never even set.  Grant was making sure Lebron didn't have a path to the basket and there was no need for him to switch since there was no screen.

Tyler Herro. What a game. This is how you build a franchise without getting a top pick. Denver too. 

Just saw a crazy stat, Shaq has had atleast 1 former teammate play in every single NBA Finals since 1984.   

Rough game for Miami. Not just the loss but injuries to their three top guys too. 

15 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Just saw a crazy stat, Shaq has had atleast 1 former teammate play in every single NBA Finals since 1984.   

Nobody gets the 1984 player without looking it up.  But I think if you are of a certain age, if you see the name, you might remember the player.

But, yeah, that's a fun stat.

least watched nba finals in history.

down like 68% from last year, and thats with the lakers.  nba is hurting.

and before we blame this on blm, hockey ratings were way down too.  so are nfl ratings.  baseball local ratings were up.

People are missing out.  I've really enjoyed this year's playoffs.  Feels like there are more close games, overtimes, and upsets than usual.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

People are missing out.  I've really enjoyed this year's playoffs.  Feels like there are more close games, overtimes, and upsets than usual.

no home cooking from the refs because no home games.

well....except for the lakers of course.

21 hours ago, Buddha said:

least watched nba finals in history.

down like 68% from last year, and thats with the lakers.  nba is hurting.

and before we blame this on blm, hockey ratings were way down too.  so are nfl ratings.  baseball local ratings were up.

Aren't individual show/program ratings down due to (1) more television choices and (2) recording for later consumption?

The former probably applies specifically for this year since the finals are in the middle of football season.  Maybe the latter doesn't apply as well to sports as other programming.

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Aren't individual show/program ratings down due to (1) more television choices and (2) recording for later consumption?

The former probably applies specifically for this year since the finals are in the middle of football season.  Maybe the latter doesn't apply as well to sports as other programming.

i mean sure, but there were just as many options to watch last year.  and its not that this is a small dip, this is cratering.

i think its scheduling.  people arent used to basketball (or hockey) being played now and the season seems kinda fake because it stopped and then restarted months later.

30 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i mean sure, but there were just as many options to watch last year.  and its not that this is a small dip, this is cratering.

i think its scheduling.  people arent used to basketball (or hockey) being played now and the season seems kinda fake because it stopped and then restarted months later.

Yes, I would consider the ratings drop a one off.  Maybe they've been declining for years, but I wouldn't consider this year a new base line.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

I think that makes sense. What you have is a playoff that has become divorced from all the context of the season that produced it - it's too far away now. I think the net result is that it feels like an exhibition or preseason tournament.

33 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think that makes sense. What you have is a playoff that has become divorced from all the context of the season that produced it - it's too far away now. I think the net result is that it feels like an exhibition or preseason tournament.

i agree.  its how it feels to me.