Keepleyland2

8/9 @1:05 Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates

According to statcast Miggy is still really good.   Top 5 in average exit velocity and number 4 in hard hit percentage(95+ exit velocity) and has a xwOBA of .391.  

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Bring Soto in the 9th...................I know they won't, but they should..........nail down this sweep. 

Thinking the same thing.  They wasted him yesterday, having him pitch with a 5 run lead.

Jiminez is the latest in a long line of Tiger closers that fail to instill confidence when they come into a game.  Please prove me wrong, Joe.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Playoffs..............Why the **** not? 

because they can't play the Pirates all season?

nah, I'm with you. why the **** not?

Nice.

Turnbull looks legit. Often overlooked when talking about the future team outlook, he looks like he belongs.  Really like Romine, too.  Good D, handles the staff and hits some.

And Joe makes it look so simple, as always <ducks>

Jimenez with better command today. 

Interesting note from the telecast. Gibson likes to watch pitchers and coaches signals for signs and tells he can pick up, but since they have to call the away games from the monitors, he doesn't get to look at everything he wants to.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Jimenez with better command today. 

Interesting note from the telecast. Gibson likes to watch pitchers and coaches signals for signs and tells he can pick up, but since they have to call the away games from the monitors, he doesn't get to look at everything he wants to.

Dan was also lamenting that he couldn't tell whether Candelario or Goodrum was to the right of 2B for an overshift because the players are "about a quarter of an inch high" on the monitors.

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Nice.

Turnbull looks legit. Often overlooked when talking about the future team outlook, he looks like he belongs.  Really like Romine, too.  Good D, handles the staff and hits some.

And Joe makes it look so simple, as always <ducks>

He was great at the start of last year too, but I think maybe he hit a wall, plus the team had fallen so far out of it, even the guys that try hard just didn't have that extra gear anymore.    He's a good pitcher and will be in the rotation with the blue chips next year.   

8-5 record.  I'd say the Tigers should aim for 4--3 in next 7 to get to 12-8 after 20 then play rope-a-dope. "Out an abundance of caution" sit out games whenever any person in the organization has come within 1 mile of a confirmed infection person.  The .600 winning percentage will carry them into the playoffs.

I don't care if the Pirates are flat on their back.  These are satisfying because someone is forcing this rivalry down our throats and I dislike the PA turnpike intensely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jbhappy said:

Dan was also lamenting that he couldn't tell whether Candelario or Goodrum was to the right of 2B for an overshift because the players are "about a quarter of an inch high" on the monitors.

Geez that would he tough to watch

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He was great at the start of last year too, but I think maybe he hit a wall, plus the team had fallen so far out of it, even the guys that try hard just didn't have that extra gear anymore.    He's a good pitcher and will be in the rotation with the blue chips next year.   

He has better defense behind him this year, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

One of the reds announcers raved about him during both of his starts against them

I know they're beating crap teams but I don't think anybody is saying the Tigers are good. I think they are approaching mediocre, and teams on that level are supposed to beat the garbage teams. They look like a major league baseball team this year. Last year I know they started well, but looked like a aaaa squad.

The girl in the TVG app commercial is stunning.  Like a slim Shannon Hogan. 

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

The girl in the TVG app commercial is stunning.  Like a slim Shannon Hogan. 

Shannon is one of the gang. TVG looks high maintenance.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Shannon is one of the gang. TVG looks high maintenance.

Wouldn't she be the TVGG? 

I agree that TVG girl appears to have had some finishing school and was probably presented at a debutante's ball to the local Colonel or other whichever burgermeisters that existed in her neck of the woods.  

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

Wouldn't she be the TVGG? 

I agree that TVG girl appears to have had some finishing school and was probably presented at a debutante's ball to the local Colonel or other whichever burgermeisters that existed in her neck of the woods.  

On the other hand, maybe she's got some dark past to go along with her princessy appearance.   Maybe she's stabbed an ex-boyfriend and then chloroformed him and convinced the ER docs that he accidentally fell on the knife when he was drunk.

• Haha 1