Keepleyland2

8/7 @7:05 Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates

8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

do you mean a flex schedule in the last month where those teams would be rescheduled head to head? That would be kind of neat. Then again in that scheme the question would be what happens if a team that misses the cut goes on a tear playing out their last month and finishes better than most of the teams playing those 'qualifier' series? And they might even have done it playing better competition.

I think he meant to leave it as it is now.  

How about, they have an NIT type tournament for all the :"mediocre" teams that couldn't finish in the top 10?  

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I have already invalidated postseason outcomes for this year.  Individual stats still count!

I agree eeking into the playoffs and winning a World Series this year would feel like a participation ribbon. But the stats always matter. 

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

I don’t take this season seriously. At best I might be a distant observer. My concern is that Manfred and his cronies will try to implement some of these charades into the game going beyond this year. 

Tyrannies of every variety classically follow a blueprint where they impose big changes to their liking during periods of chaos when there is little chance of opposition.

49 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Tyrannies of every variety classically follow a blueprint where they impose big changes to their liking during periods of chaos when there is little chance of opposition.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

4 hours ago, 1776 said:

I don’t take this season seriously. At best I might be a distant observer. My concern is that Manfred and his cronies will try to implement some of these charades into the game going beyond this year. 

Who says the pandemic will be over by next season?

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Time to take our week long frustrations out on our arch rival Pirates.  

Even in a season like this, it's the series I wait for all year.  It's like Michigan - Ohio State.  

29 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It probably won't be.  I think it's not going to have a definite ending.  One day in 2023, you'll be sitting in the stands and think to yourself: "Everything feels normal again".  For somebody else it might be, it might be 2021 or 2022.   There won't be one moment where it's over for us a country.    

Not to get sidetracked about the virus but I'm hoping by next season that there will be atleast enough treatments available for it to only be a "bad flu".  If that is the case I see no reason why things can't open up just how they would do in bad flu seasons.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

It probably won't be.  I think it's not going to have a definite ending.  One day in 2023, you'll be sitting in the stands and think to yourself: "Everything feels normal again".  For somebody else it might be, it might be 2021 or 2022.   There won't be one moment where it's over for us a country.    

The bubonic plague swept through Europe off and on for over 300 years. Even as late as 1665 there was an outbreak in London that killed 40% of the population, and then the next year the whole city burned down. And here we think we have it tough. 

Did I miss something? Are the Tigers in the NL this season? 

1 minute ago, jbhappy said:

Did I miss something? Are the Tigers in the NL this season? 

20/60 games against the NL Central. The Tigers' schedule is kind of front-loaded on that factor, with lots of division games later.

1 minute ago, clark1mt said:

20/60 games against the NL Central. The Tigers' schedule is kind of front-loaded on that factor, with lots of division games later.

Oh, I see. I thought the KC series was interleague. 

Impressive start in the top of the 1st, 11 pitches, 3 K's.  

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

It will not be over by next season.   This thing is going to be with us for a long time.  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Such a beautiful ballpark,  I want to go to a game there. 

Went 1 time in 09 when the Tigers played.  It was real nice and so much more intimate than any of the new parks I visited especially Comerica.  I was sitting like 20 rows up down LF line about half way between 3B and the foul pole and I felt so much closer to the field than Comerica, New Comiskey or Jacobs Field which were the three "new" stadiums that I frequented up until that point.  

7 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Impressive start in the top of the 1st, 11 pitches, 3 K's.  

In their defense they were up against a stud pitcher in *checks notes* Chad Kuhl.  

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

In their defense they were up against a stud pitcher in *checks notes* Chad Kuhl.  

He is too Kuhl for school.

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It will not be over by next season.   This thing is going to be with us for a long time.  

It might be with us forever which would force us to learn how to live with it.  

What a novel concept, drawing some walks and getting some hits with RISP.  Boyd is not looking good at all this year.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

“My concern is that Manfred and his cronies will try to implement some of these charades into the game going beyond this year.”

Didn’t say it would be.