8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

This is the correct answer if a decision is made with health and safety being more important than dollars and cents.    

Unfortunately, we’ve seen very little of that behavior In our country since the pandemic began.    Not sure why this will be any different.  

wait till all those indoor waterfalls go poof after one of them is blamed for spreading Legionaires disease (I will bet you a number of years in industrial water treating that they can and so Mr. Murphy assures us one eventually will)  xD

I'm sorry, but about the last thing I care about in this whole pandemic is that these overly entitled parents don't get to see their overly entitled spawn polish their NFL resumes for 4 months.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2020/08/19/held-hostage-big-ten-michigan-parents-want-answers-sons-futures-hang-balance/5607858002/

I'm glad the vote was unanimous though. The whole Iowa/Nebraska vs. all saga into Nebraska/Iowa/O$U vs. all saga into a 7v7 vote saga was stupid. The B1G is supposed to be more mature than that.

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

mccaffrey transfers.

nico collins goes pro.

5-3 might be a tad bit optimistic....

3-3, at some point they will lose two weeks to quarantine.

i really used to like college football, now i dont really care.  kind of like how i feel about college basketball.

all the good players leave after one or two years.  guys transfer at the drop of the hat if they lose a camp battle rather than stay and try to compete.  guys nowadays never even get to college basketball because the nba has their own minor league.  players skip bowl games all the time now.

i hope college football doesnt continue to go down the college basketball route, but it seems like its getting there.

im not opposed to the players doing what they feel is best for themselves in this system, but as a fan, i find it makes the product worse and the experience not as fun as it used to be.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

i really used to like college football, now i dont really care.  kind of like how i feel about college basketball.

all the good players leave after one or two years.  guys transfer at the drop of the hat if they lose a camp battle rather than stay and try to compete.  guys nowadays never even get to college basketball because the nba has their own minor league.

i hope college football doesnt continue to go down the college basketball route, but it seems like its getting there.

im not opposed to the players doing what they feel is best for themselves in this system, but as a fan, i find it makes the product worse and the experience not as fun as it used to be.

I waiting to see if they are dumb enough to kill the goose that laid the golden egg next year. There are a number of states moving toward giving college players financial control of their images/endorsements etc. NCAA is begging Congress to pre-empt them with some rule more favorable to the status quo and even going further to do thing like including the right to cap coaching salaries. If the money that currently flows back to programs starts going to players, what motivation remains for the schools to stay in the game? Is it really a better situation for athletics in general for the non-revenue sports at the university level to die so that revenue sport players who are going to strike it rich in the pros anyway start getting their money a year or two earlier?

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I waiting to see if they are dumb enough to kill the goose that laid the golden egg next year. There are a number of states moving toward giving college players financial control of their images/endorsements etc. NCAA is begging Congress to pre-empt them with some rule more favorable to the status quo and even going further to do thing like including the right to cap coaching salaries. If the money that currently flows back to programs starts going to players, what motivation remains for the schools to stay in the game? Is it really a better situation for athletics in general for the non-revenue sports at the university level to die so that revenue sport players who are going to strike it rich in the pros anyway start getting their money a year or two earlier?

but if football dies, then all the non revenue sports die too.  football is the only thing that makes money in college athletics.

im just not sure what they can do to stop it from dying.  the opportunity to get an actual education at some of the finest academic institutions in the world (and ohio state) isnt enough of a draw anymore.  they want to get paid.  

i dont blame them for wanting money for their hard work, but i fear it will irreparably change the sport into something more like minor league baseball.  at the end of the day, i dont really care whether they get paid or not, i just want my college football to remain the same or close to what i remember (or think i remember).

(although with harbaugh losing the last game of the year every year, its really getting close to what i remember growing up!)

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

mccaffrey transfers.

nico collins goes pro.

5-3 might be a tad bit optimistic....

Milton and the younger kid (whose name escapes me) have supposedly been 1-2 for a while now, so McCaffrey transferring and opting out probably isn’t too damaging (or surprising). Losing nico hurts. 

7 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Milton and the younger kid (whose name escapes me) have supposedly been 1-2 for a while now, so McCaffrey transferring and opting out probably isn’t too damaging (or surprising). Losing nico hurts. 

McNamara maybe?

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

They lost Mayfield, Ambry Thomas, and Nico.  That's three of their best players.  And unlike Ohio State, they don't have 5 stars sitting behind them.

McCaffrey hurts their depth, but his departure is not unexpected.  Whomever lost the QB battle was going to transfer, it's the way of the world in college football in 2020.  And it sucks.

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

They lost Mayfield, Ambry Thomas, and Nico.  That's three of their best players.  And unlike Ohio State, they don't have 5 stars sitting behind them.

McCaffrey hurts their depth, but his departure is not unexpected.  Whomever lost the QB battle was going to transfer, it's the way of the world in college football in 2020.  And it sucks.

Sam Webb makes it sound as if Mayfield could be returning. 

10 hours ago, Shelton said:

Sam Webb makes it sound as if Mayfield could be returning. 

That's good I guess.  Losing Nico and especially Ambry are much more problematic.

The one area where Harbaugh has recruited really well lately is the offensive line.  Losing DPJ, Nico, and Tarik Black in the same year decimates their receiving corps and losing Ambry for CB is the one position (other than DT) that they definitely could not afford to lose players in.  Their CB recruiting has been bad.  Especially in a Don Brown all out blitz and single cover on the corners defense.

They're going to get so embarassed by Ohio State that it makes me not even want to watch any college football this year.

40 minutes ago, Buddha said:

That's good I guess.  Losing Nico and especially Ambry are much more problematic.

The one area where Harbaugh has recruited really well lately is the offensive line.  Losing DPJ, Nico, and Tarik Black in the same year decimates their receiving corps and losing Ambry for CB is the one position (other than DT) that they definitely could not afford to lose players in.  Their CB recruiting has been bad.  Especially in a Don Brown all out blitz and single cover on the corners defense.

They're going to get so embarassed by Ohio State that it makes me not even want to watch any college football this year.

The luster is really gone for me on Don Brown. One trick pony who seems to have no clue about coaching to his personnel. He's like Bo - looks really super when his players are a league better than the opposition, over matched as soon as his players have to compete against quality. They played better D under Mattison.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The luster is really gone for me on Don Brown. One trick pony who seems to have no clue about coaching to his personnel. He's like Bo - looks really super when his players are a league better than the opposition, over matched as soon as his players have to compete against quality. They played better D under Mattison.

when did bo ever get embarrassed like that?  

bo's problem was that he was too conservative when he had better teams, not that his teams wouldnt alter game plans and got blown out.