Keepleyland2

8/2 @12:10/4:10 Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers

3 minutes ago, kdog said:

Jordy Mercer DFA'd...accepts free agency. Dawel Lugo remains.

This proves they are not really thinking about contending this year but remain building for the future as first priority. maybe the best choice but Lugo, despite the sound off his bat  hitting a ball  on the very rare occasion they meet, is hardly the prospect worth banking on.

Lugo stinks and isn't a prospect. But he's younger so give him more shots.

Weekend rotation:

Boyd

Nova 

Turnbull

Fulmer will pitch next week against the Sox. They are still working on the 5th spot....gardy will not talk about Mize.

10 minutes ago, kdog said:

Lugo stinks and isn't a prospect. But he's younger so give him more shots.

Weekend rotation:

Boyd

Nova 

Turnbull

Fulmer will pitch next week against the Sox. They are still working on the 5th spot....gardy will not talk about Mize.

given the lost minor league season, I'd replace Lugo with Willi Castro, and risk that somebody selects him.  We have too many guys like  Lugo, already (Harold Castro, Reyes) that need to be cleared out.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Jordy Mercer DFA'd...accepts free agency. Dawel Lugo remains.

1 hour ago, socaltiger said:

This proves they are not really thinking about contending this year but remain building for the future as first priority. maybe the best choice but Lugo, despite the sound off his bat  hitting a ball  on the very rare occasion they meet, is hardly the prospect worth banking on.

I don't hold out much hope for Lugo.  But I guess might as well see if anything clicks this season.

Could be a solid move for Mercer?  He was able to get into game shape for this season, showed versatility last season and this season, he could be a good bench piece for a contender.

5 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

given the lost minor league season, I'd replace Lugo with Willi Castro, and risk that somebody selects him.  We have too many guys like  Lugo, already (Harold Castro, Reyes) that need to be cleared out.

this. Agree that Castro has more upside than Lugo.