Keepleyland2

8/1 @1:10 Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers

Postponed. 7 inning games tomorrow starting at 12:10. Assuming no rain... 

With the cards games next week, may not be any baseball for a while. 

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Bauer made Curt Schilling leave Twitter.  I'm a fan.  

For that I'll always be grateful. He's still an attention whoring *****. 

1 hour ago, calpon said:

Sorry, wrong.....Wear mask, social distance AND wash hands very frequently and you cut your chances of exposure considerably. Myself and my wife work in the medical field. Each of us have been around hundreds to a thousand non-family member people. We and the people we work with have not been infected so far (think millions of interactions with all of these people). If the players and staff were following proper protocols to the letter, there would be virtually no infections for players. These organizations have much better care/testing than just about anybody on the face of the planet. Poor decisions by the players and staff members have led to these couple of teams being hit by this.  

bam

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

Did Bauer give his blessing?

Just now, Casimir said:

Did Bauer give his blessing?

He can bless my ****. 

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

to yoda's point, if you watch a baseball game, they are all huddled in the dugout and acting normally.  there is no distancing.  yet there are no fans in the stands and it would be easy to put them there.

but they need ads there.

we'll see how the nhl goes because those guys are all on the bench and not in the stands.

conversely, in soccer the players are in the stands in assigned seats and everyone is masked up.

I don't disagree with any of this, just wanted to point out there is no way to incorporate masks on the bench in the NHL given players swap on the fly.

Just now, Yoda said:

He can bless my ****. 

Its asterisked out. 

Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Does it rhyme with orange?

11 minutes ago, Yoda said:

For that I'll always be grateful. He's still an attention whoring *****. 

He's an attention *****, but he is often entertaining and he is not vile and ignorant like many of the twitter whores.  

28 minutes ago, Yoda said:

There's actually talk on Twitter about baseball being shut down. It's just not safe playing games during a pandemic. Considering the source though, it's rather meaningless.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I don't disagree with any of this, just wanted to point out there is no way to incorporate masks on the bench in the NHL given players swap on the fly.

Once you see them sharing masks, it's over. 😆😆

32 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

yeah, i realized that when i was watching the game today.  duh.

With no fans anyways, if the Tigers and Reds do play two tomorrow should I presume that it will be an old-fashioned back to back with just 45 minutes in between games? Rather than day-night.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

With no fans anyways, if the Tigers and Reds do play two tomorrow should I presume that it will be an old-fashioned back to back with just 45 minutes in between games? Rather than day-night.

Yup. 

2 hours ago, calpon said:

Sorry, wrong.....Wear mask, social distance AND wash hands very frequently and you cut your chances of exposure considerably. Myself and my wife work in the medical field. Each of us have been around hundreds to a thousand non-family member people. We and the people we work with have not been infected so far (think millions of interactions with all of these people). If the players and staff were following proper protocols to the letter, there would be virtually no infections for players. These organizations have much better care/testing than just about anybody on the face of the planet. Poor decisions by the players and staff members have led to these couple of teams being hit by this.  

Do you think the correct protocols could be effective for basketball and football as well?  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

He's an attention *****, but he is often entertaining and he is not vile and ignorant like many of the twitter whores.  

I would also trade him for any 5 players on the Tigers MLB roster.

Today was the first time I have ever bet on a MLB game and it gets rained out.  I thought it was a gimme... Bauer vs. Fulmer.

Also, if the season ends today, Jacoby Jones might have a shot at the MVP!

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Under normal circumstances sure, but they might not want everyone sitting in the clubhouse for five hours

That makes total sense since I just checked back in and saw that they’ve already canceled.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Do you think the correct protocols could be effective for basketball and football as well?  

I think it would be effective for ALL people.

I see a lot of people wearing the mask only covering  just the mouth or just the nose. I see people wearing gloves and touching everything including themselves and never changing their gloves (forget the gloves and just wash your hands frequently/use hand sanitizer frequently) . I see people crowding next to strangers.

The disease is real. The disease is real contagious. The disease can be deadly (but not usually). Just use common sense.

If basketball and football players are "in the bubble" and already confirmed disease free and stay "in the bubble"., why should they get it? Only by being outside "the bubble" or letting others in "the bubble". Now is it possible to actually achieve a bubble lifestyle for a season? I don't know.

Edited by calpon
added

Bauer is so unlikable.  You can tell he is just one of those people that always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, not sure what would happen if him and Keith Law were ever by each other.   

59 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Bauer is so unlikable.  You can tell he is just one of those people that always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, not sure what would happen if him and Keith Law were ever by each other.   

I don’t dislike him. I liked how he was one of the few players during the shutdown that was critical of clark and Boras.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

You can tell he is just one of those people that always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room

The difference is that Bauer actually has skills.  Keith Law and a particular poster on this board who always seems like he needs to set everyone straight about how their opinions are wrong simply are just blowhards. 

I would be interested to know what Bauer's IQ is.  I bet it's one of the highest in the league.

24 minutes ago, Tigermania said:

The difference is that Bauer actually has skills.  Keith Law and a particular poster on this board who always seems like he needs to set everyone straight about how their opinions are wrong simply are just blowhards. 

I would be interested to know what Bauer's IQ is.  I bet it's one of the highest in the league.

Bauer would like you to think that. Having skills does not make one smart or less of a blowhard. 

I don't have the sense that Bauer's IQ is particularly high.  He is outspoken and is not afraid to have unpopular opinions.  This might make him annoying as a teammate, but I like it as a fan.   

Who is the poster that always has to set everyone straight?