Keepleyland2

8/1 @1:10 Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers

5 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Trevor Bauer vs Michael Fulmer

No, seriously, Buck Farmer for Cy Young

Greg Soto says not so fast. 

I have no recollection of Andrew Good. Was when my son was a toddler and I was working 3 jobs. And the Tigers sucked. 

6 hours ago, leflore said:

I have no recollection of Andrew Good. Was when my son was a toddler and I was working 3 jobs. And the Tigers sucked. 

I remember the name, but that's about it.

This game was moved ahead from 7pm to 1pm due to a rain system moving in.  Its dripping in the Toledo already and the system appears headed from the south.

So, in the event of a delay, how do the players stay distanced?

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

This game was moved ahead from 7pm to 1pm due to a rain system moving in.  Its dripping in the Toledo already and the system appears headed from the south.

So, in the event of a delay, how do the players stay distanced?

If only they were in a giant stadium full of tunnels and large concourses. 

edit: today's game is moved up?

9 hours ago, Shelton said:

Greg Soto says not so fast. 

How many saves did Soto and Farmer get?  It's gotta be Jimenez.  

According to Fangraphs right now Soto is 5th in the league in WAR among relievers but on the other hand Jimenez is second in WPA.  Usually I like WPA when it comes to relievers but in this case I would take Soto.  

5 minutes ago, Yoda said:

If only they were in a giant stadium full of tunnels and large concourses. 

edit: today's game is moved up?

Yes, giant stadium full of tunnels and large concourses and empty seats that aren't being used during games as was part of MLB's ideas for in game protocols.  Have you not seen the dugouts are capacity as normal this past week?  Do you think this doesn't extend to off game in the clubhouses as well?

Yes, the game was moved up.  And I am postponing today's lawn mowing.

Just now, Casimir said:

Yes, giant stadium full of tunnels and large concourses and empty seats that aren't being used during games as was part of MLB's ideas for in game protocols.  Have you not seen the dugouts are capacity as normal this past week?  Do you think this doesn't extend to off game in the clubhouses as well?

I just meant there are plenty of places to go in a rain delay. I hate players in the dugouts. They should be closed, or open only to the "in the hole" batter and batboy. 

4 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I just meant there are plenty of places to go in a rain delay. I hate players in the dugouts. They should be closed, or open only to the "in the hole" batter and batboy. 

Yes, there are plenty of places for players to go, but will they?

Is it a figment of my imagination or wasn't there a mandate that players and personnel would be spread out into the stands during games?  That wasn't just for the exhibition games, was it?

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Yes, there are plenty of places for players to go, but will they?

Is it a figment of my imagination or wasn't there a mandate that players and personnel would be spread out into the stands during games?  That wasn't just for the exhibition games, was it?

I'm not sure. But it needs to be enforced. Not sure why it isn't. MLB is predictably failing because it's acting like a red state. 

Right now we lead the season series with the Reds 3-1,  if we end up winning does that mean we get to claim Sparky?

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I'm not sure. But it needs to be enforced. Not sure why it isn't. MLB is predictably failing because it's acting like a red state. 

I think the NHL & NBA have a better plan than MLB.  And maybe by nature of facilities and game schedule its easier to do so?  I don't know.

The NFL and NCAAF have to be looking at MLB and really taking some serious notes.  I think travel in and out of cities might not be the biggest contributor to MLB's issues, but it certainly won't help.

If the players behave you can do it.  The PGA Tour has been traveling throughout the country for a couple months now, between the players, caddies and extra staff they test about 500 people a week, so about 4000 tests in total since they started back up and only 5 players have tested positive the whole time.  

And for those that don't know, on any given tournament 150 golfers and 150 caddies share the same lockeroom every day.   So if they can do it there is no excuse for other sports not to be able to.  

I don't see how today's game is played without at least a 2 or 3 hour delay to start. Big rain system moving into the area. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

If the players behave you can do it.  The PGA Tour has been traveling throughout the country for a couple months now, between the players, caddies and extra staff they test about 500 people a week, so about 4000 tests in total since they started back up and only 5 players have tested positive the whole time.  

And for those that don't know, on any given tournament 150 golfers and 150 caddies share the same lockeroom every day.   So if they can do it there is no excuse for other sports not to be able to.  

You don't have to misbehave to catch covid. Also, are there groups of 30+ in the locker room at the same time? 

St. Louis just had games cancelled. They're infected. And we play them next, 2 here and 2 there. Or...we were supposed to.

3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I don't see how today's game is played without at least a 2 or 3 hour delay to start. Big rain system moving into the area. 

Maybe it'll be a night game after all, huh?

3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

You don't have to misbehave to catch covid. Also, are there groups of 30+ in the locker room at the same time? 

You're right you don't have to misbehave, but I think it's hard to catch if you take necessary precautions like avoiding bars/clubs.   And yes all the golfers share the same lockerroom, there might not be all 150 in there at once but there are usually more people in there than there are in MLB dugouts.     

I've played in several PGA Pro Ams throughout the years and I can tell you that the lockerrooms get busy.  Between the players, caddies, coaches and club fitters you can have 200 people in there at any given time. 

21 minutes ago, Yoda said:

mlb is failing because its players failed to act responsibly.  i suppose its a failure of management to assume that the players wouldnt go to strip clubs during a pandemic, but the union was not going to sign off on a bubble or any penalties for its members acting irresponsibly.

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

You're right you don't have to misbehave, but I think it's hard to catch if you take necessary precautions like avoiding bars/clubs.   And yes all the golfers share the same lockerroom, there might not be all 150 in there at once but there are usually more people in there than there are in MLB dugouts.     

Interesting. Surprised there haven't been more outbreaks. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Sorry, wrong. Even people wearing masks and properly social distancing catch it rather easily. Dr. Fauci tried to explain just how contagious it is. Something like 80X more contagious than the flu.