Keepleyland2

7/31 @7:10 Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers

59 minutes ago, leflore said:

I remember thinking early last season that Turnbull has an arm that can be a part of a future Tigers contender. He did seem to fade though. Now I'm seeing potential all-star stuff. I would think his trade value is higher than Boyd's right now. I hope they don't go that route unless there is a great return 

Turnbull is going to be 28 years old in Septrmber. I could see the Tigers hanging onto him and see what we have. He's looked dominate at times this and last season.

Gj boys, best game of the season so far...hmmm, and with no Candyman...

This is a massive eggaggeration and I am not comparing him to Koufax. But he had a power arm as a teen. Took him a few years to learn how to pitch. Maybe Soto is learning something similar. Something guys like Steve Dalkowski could never do

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Turnbull is going to be 28 years old in Septrmber. I could see the Tigers hanging onto him and see what we have. He's looked dominate at times this and last season.

The only way you’d consider is if you can receive a high end SS or OF in return.  Otherwise, keep him as part of the core.

Morris recently said he believes Turnbull's electric stuff is #1 in the system, including the Toledo guns. He tends to overthink, but he sure has looked good so far. I watched his first start on the Reds' feed and their commentator kept raving about him

10 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

The only way you’d consider is if you can receive a high end SS or OF in return.  Otherwise, keep him as part of the core.

If he’s as good as he showed tonight, I could see Turnbull being the #4 starter on the next playoff contender.

2 minutes ago, leflore said:

Morris recently said he believes Turnbull's electric stuff is #1 in the system, including the Toledo guns. He tends to overthink, but he sure has looked good so far. I watched his first start on the Reds' feed and their commentator kept raving about him

Look how he started last year.  His first 14 starts last year he had an ERA of 2.78.   He kind of fell off a cliff when the rest of the team did.   He's got good stuff.....just needs to do it over the length of a season.   

25 minutes ago, leflore said:

I wasn't that excited about his ceiling last year because he didn't have a 4 seamer that played up in the zone and he  didn't have enough change of speed.  But his 4 seamer is now a weapon and he has shown both a reasonable curve and willingness to use his change-up more. So boo-yah - the sky is now the limit.

Demerritte wants to stay around I guess.  For 1 night so far at least, he and Stewart made a nice platoon.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

Oh, and, “suck it, Reds!”

nick is slugging 750, you must be pissed!  :)

48 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Btw, tomorrow’s game is now a morning start. Or afternoon for you guys, 1:10 pm ET.

A Saturday day game? Cool.