Keepleyland2

7/30 @7:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

2 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Candy needs to sit for a cpl games...lets see Lugo

I don't think sitting is going to help. Kid just doesn't have major league pitch recognition skills. How long do you let a guy beat himself up? (and spike your rallies)

• Like 1

It’s the Royals but 3 straight games, no walks from Tigers pitchers

Dont know if that is Anderson, analytics, or random variance

but a good sign

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Maybin to the 10 day injured list with a strained right quad.  Not sure if there has been a corresponding move yet.  

that is probably a reprieve for Stewart as it put Reyes in the line-up without bumping him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Cabrera aight as well

Funny thing, Cabrera swung and missed at a FB upper outside quadrant but in the K zone and I said to the SO, you know, that is the kind of pitch Miguel didn't used to miss, and then of course he hit the breaking ball out on the next pitch.

I've seen AB where he appears to me to be guessing.

My guess is he isn't as quick, so his contact skills are diminished, but I also think it is possible he is stronger, so if he makes contact he can drive it as he did 5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I've seen AB where he appears to me to be guessing.

My guess is he isn't as quick, so his contact skills are diminished, but I also think it is possible he is stronger, so if he makes contact he can drive it as he did 5 years ago.

I'd settle for a couple of years of Jim Thome.

23 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Maybin to the 10 day injured list with a strained right quad.  Not sure if there has been a corresponding move yet.  

That's like half the season. 

15 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That's like half the season. 

It's like three Marlins' seasons!

6 hours ago, kdog said:

anyone know what happened that made Fenech disappear right before the start of the season?

Furlough?

Gannett has been doing them, so a guess

50 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Which years?

I was just looking at his numbers, they weren't quite as good as I thought 37-39 though still over 850. My memory is skewed because we were in Minn the year (2010) he put up 1000 ops in 340 AB and that stands out in my memory. I'd certainly take that!

I recall Willie Horton say he would guess swing on pitches every at bat

And I recall Dave Rozema say it's never wise to karate kick in a bench clearing brawl

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leflore said:

I recall Willie Horton say he would guess swing on pitches every at bat

I suppose it was an educated guess and if he guessed right he could actually connect and do something with the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Furlough?

Gannett has been doing them, so a guess

I feel like he would still tweet. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

I suppose it was an educated guess and if he guessed right he could actually connect and do something with the pitch. 

Absolutely. I joined this cult toward the end for Kaline and Willie was my guy. Very talented hitter. My father said as a teen he played with the Grand Rapids Sullivans semi-pro team and you could tell he was going to be a star

30 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I feel like he would still tweet. 

Well, that could apply just as much if he had left the Freep. His twitter silence could imply someone still has enough leverage to require his silence, though who knows why they would?

Then again, Fenech is goofy enough he could be making some kind of point by his silence that nobody gets.

Maybin injury silver lining is Reyes can play every day. Better we find out about him and Stewart this year.

I would continue to play Jemier for the same reason. Give him the "full" season. I think Gardy and many have already passed on Lugo.  He's on the team because Al is desperate to salvage something from the JD trade. Having said that Lugo will probably play tomorrow.