Keepleyland2

7/30 @7:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

3 hours ago, kdog said:

anyone know what happened that made Fenech disappear right before the start of the season?

He talked about a player wanting to see a solar eclipse and now he's been banned from everything. 

Candy is wayyyy overdue....he can't be this bad to make it to this level in the sport, he has to at least get his first hit tonite, right?  Or at least maybe by Sunday...right?

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Candy is wayyyy overdue....he can't be this bad to make it to this level in the sport, he has to at least get his first hit tonite, right?  Or at least maybe by Sunday...right?

he had no chance in the last AB. Ump called two balls that weren't close strikes.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

he had no chance in the last AB. Ump called two balls that weren't close strikes.

Ohh, I'm listening on the radio, so didnt see the actual pitches....but that doesnt account for all his fruitless AB's this season so far I assume.  But hey, his next AB he'll make up for it!

3 hours ago, Yoda said:

One of Miggy or Candy will break out today with at least 4 total bases. 

Master Yoda speaks and is obeyed. 

16 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I don't who is doing the IF positioning for this game but so far it sucks.

Brad Ausmus is calling it in.............

Tigers catch a bit of a bad break by Cincy's game being rained out tonight because now they have to see Castillo again tomorrow who looked dominant when they faced him last week. 

3 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

ball is totally juiced

I know a guy who knows a guy who says he knows a guy who read something on a conspiracy website that claims the ball isn’t juiced and that it’s because nobody’s in the stands and the lack of exhaled carbon dioxide in the stadium is the cause. 

Jeimer at least made some hard contact so that was better.

Can't say I expected Ivan Nova to be Merrifield's kryptonite but atleast for tonight that has been the case. 

Don't know if it's the ball or just a major tail wind out but the ball has definitely been flying, Jacoby looked to throw his bat in disgust after first making contact and it ended up only being like a foot or 2 away from going out.  

Didn't realize the Tigers were leading the majors in HR. Crazy. Diamondbacks have 1 ha ha. 

Tigers have also given up the 2nd most HR. We're the only team seeing this many HR, which is weird. 

I shouldn't say only. White Sox and Reds have both hit and given up a bunch of HR. 

Singer is in love with the slider away to RHB but mostly throws it right at the black - i.e within reach. If the Tigers weren't too stubborn to take him the other way they could look for that.

Ivan Nova now has the longest start of the year so far for the Tigers.

Dan said that MLB is going for seven inning doubleheaders now. Which makes sense under the circumstances.