Jump to content
ROMAD1

What will be the October Surprise this year?

Recommended Posts

Lots of speculation on war with Iran.  You'd think Trump is not going to push China or Russia.  He is a bully so he will pick an enemy that is weaker that he can easily dominate. 

Israeli influence also in play.

I'd say its not out of the realm of possibility that China would do something in South China Sea figuring that he was a lame duck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $200 Free Offer - Launching Friday (1/22)

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is launching on Friday, January 22, 2021. Pre-register at BetMGM Sportsbook & Casino and get a free $200 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $200 at BetMGM Michigan Now

4 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Lots of speculation on war with Iran. 

 

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

a vaccine.

don't think the admin can push on that string to any effect not already in place. That process is what it is and if somebody finished phase 3 tomorrow there wouldn't be many people vaccinated by Nov 3.

Iran should be a really hard sell to the Navy. Losing a carrier would be a devastating blow and protecting them from a swarm low altitude anti-ship missile attack in a bathtub like the Persian Gulf is still a crapshoot until they roll out their new fancy new laser cannons in a few more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

 

don't think the admin can push on that string to any effect not already in place. That process is what it is and if somebody finished phase 3 tomorrow there wouldn't be many people vaccinated by Nov 3.

Iran should be a really hard sell to the Navy. Losing a carrier would be devastating blow and protecting them from a swarm low altitude anti-ship missile attack in a bathtub like the Persian Gulf is still a crapshoot until they roll out their new fancy new laser cannons in a few more years.

russia announced today that it already has a vaccine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a vaccine moves the needle..... people will still remember WHY they needed one and the pain all year of dealing with it.  

Mine would be bogus indictments over this Durham report.... supposed Rice is the VP nominee and Barr sees enough to charge/indict, whatever...

 

but again... I don't know if anything will sway people at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Coronavirus is still going to be with us into 2021, even with the best case scenario on vaccine trials, so I doubt many other issues will break through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Donald Trump was conceived by a demon sperm. It's why he's orange. 

So obvious. How did we all miss it for so long?

😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buddha said:

russia announced today that it already has a vaccine.

and I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians started vaccinating people with an 'incompletely tested' (by US stds) vaccine. The culture there does risk/benefit calculations differently than we do. They are more willing to put the individual at greater risk to get the faster result for the whole. You can't say that is necessarily wrong when it works. Of course the problem in Soviet times is that too often they put masses of people at risk for things that didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

and I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians started vaccinating people with an 'incompletely tested' (by US stds) vaccine. The culture there does risk/benefit calculations differently than we do. They are more willing to put the individual at greater risk to get the faster result for the whole. You can't say that is necessarily wrong when it works. Of course the problem in Soviet times is that too often they put masses of people at risk for things that didn't work.

i imagine any russian vaccine is probably more dangerous than actual covid19.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The October Surprise?    The Election is suspended indefinitely.    Federalized troops will guard all polling places to prevent people from voting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the executive cant delay a presidential election.

Oh, like this one won't just do whatever the **** he wants and then get armed troops (private or not) to do his bidding?   

Portland is just practice, man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Buddha said:

a vaccine.

Oh yeah,  and it will all be because of him too.  Like he was the only one that could have gotten a vaccine for anyone.    They'll probably show pictures of him in a lab coat too.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i imagine any russian vaccine is probably more dangerous than actual covid19.

It well could be to the degree politics drive policy. But OTOH, it's almost too easy to caricature Russia in the US, We'd be wrong to underestimate their scientific and technical capabilities. There are still a lot of smart people working in Russian science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It well could be to the degree politics drive policy. But OTOH, it's almost too easy to caricature Russia in the US, We'd be wrong to underestimate their scientific and technical capabilities. There are still a lot of smart people working in Russian science.

Their vaccine is that you take it and then suddenly "slip" and fall out of a window and die and you no longer have COVID,  see ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It well could be to the degree politics drive policy. But OTOH, it's almost too easy to caricature Russia in the US, We'd be wrong to underestimate their scientific and technical capabilities. There are still a lot of smart people working in Russian science.

They have some scientific capability and they are investing a lot into their current crash course in raising their tech sector.  However, the degree to which they are hurt by the lack of governance in Russia has meant that the real smart folks leave to work in other countries where they can make and keep a buck if they discover anything of worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Their vaccine is that you take it and then suddenly "slip" and fall out of a window and die and you no longer have COVID,  see ?

no, you take the vaccine and you die of COVID, but in the press you just had a bad cold and are doing fine on vacation in Novosibirsk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It well could be to the degree politics drive policy. But OTOH, it's almost too easy to caricature Russia in the US, We'd be wrong to underestimate their scientific and technical capabilities. There are still a lot of smart people working in Russian science.

i dont doubt the intelligence of russians, i do doubt their ability to tell the truth or for their government to follow accepted guidelines when protecting their people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

next the chinese will announce they have one too.

then trump will complain that we would have one if it werent for all the bureaucratic red tape that is placed in the way by democrats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

next the chinese will announce they have one too.

then trump will complain that we would have one if it werent for all the bureaucratic red tape that is placed in the way by democrats.

I suspect with the Chinese it's more likely they will not announce anything until they have all of the country vaccinated, then will put their vaccine on the market at half the cost of any western version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I suspect with the Chinese it's more likely they will not announce anything until they have all of the country vaccinated, then will put their vaccine on the market at half the cost of any western version.

whatever the chinese claim to have developed will be stolen from the country's or labs scientists who actually did develop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Oh, like this one won't just do whatever the **** he wants and then get armed troops (private or not) to do his bidding?   

Portland is just practice, man.  

First time, long time.

I just want to say I subscribe to your theories.  I'll hang up and listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

whatever the chinese claim to have developed will be stolen from the country's or labs scientists who actually did develop it.

well shoot, what's the fun in stealing something if you can't sell it back to its original owner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early

   


×
×
  • Create New...