RedRamage

Hall of Fame - Who's the next Tiger (or former Tiger) in?

12 hours ago, Tigermania said:

There really aren't that many sure fire HOFers playing.  My list:

Pujols, Cabrera, Cano, Trout, Molina, Kershaw, Verlander, and Scherzer.

There are a bunch of borderline guys or guys who need a few more seasons under their belt.

#ithelpsifyoucansignacontractwheretheyhavetoletyoustickaroundnotdoingmuch

Puhols has not had an 800 OPS season since 2012, but since then he has collected 964 hits and 184 HR. In a more mercenary time like the reserve clause era, would Albert have found himself out of baseball before he got to 3000hits or 500HR?

(we might be able to make the same argument about Cabrera but the injuries make his situation a little more ambiguous. He might just have another good season or two, we don't know for sure yet.)

12 minutes ago, Tigermania said:

The media loves certain guys.  Jeff Bagwell and Ivan Rodriguez are both in the HOF.  Barry Bonds is not.  Not all roid users are created equal.  I am wondering if David Ortiz gets in the HOF.

ortiz is a lock.  

he's luvable big papi!  he would never cheat!  

Pujols could have called it quits after his 10th season and still been a 1st ballot HOFer.  8 out of his first 11 seasons in St. Louis he had OPS of over 1.000 and he was .997 another year.  I am pretty sure that was the greatest 10 or 11 year stretch by any hitter ever.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tigermania said:

The media loves certain guys.  Jeff Bagwell and Ivan Rodriguez are both in the HOF.  Barry Bonds is not.  Not all roid users are created equal.  I am wondering if David Ortiz gets in the HOF.

I don't think the media loved Bagwell.  There was no real evidence that Bagwell took PEDs, but some writers considered him guilty by association.  It took him 7 years to get in.  Pudge got in right away though.  

41 minutes ago, Tigermania said:

Pujols could have called it quits after his 10th season and still been a 1st ballot HOFer.  8 out of his first 11 seasons in St. Louis he had OPS of over 1.000 and he was .997 another year.  I am pretty sure that was the greatest 10 or 11 year stretch by any hitter ever.

Also famous for having the thickest mustache on his little league team. 

• Like 1

i was at a game once and Pujols was on first standing next to Cabrera.  Cabrera looked like a little kid next to him.  Cabrera was messing around with Pujols's belt.  It was pretty funny.  

On 7/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, bobrob2004 said:

Will the fact that he played on a team that cheated tarnish his World Series ring?  Will it impact his HOF chances at all (like not get in his first year)? 

As an aside, just watched Rob Lowe on the Joe Rogan podcast and he is wearing an "Astros" hat where the star has been replaced with an asterisk.

• Like 1

Pujols looked like he was 34 in his rookie season. Lebron looked 40 at 26. If a train passes Pujols at 73mph and Lebron is 6 miles away, how long will it take the train to reach Lebron when he looks 48 but is actually 36?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

As an aside, just watched Rob Lowe on the Joe Rogan podcast and he is wearing an "Astros" hat where the star has been replaced with an asterisk.

I need one.