Keepleyland2

7/27 @7:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

11 hours ago, Shelton said:

At the risk of speculating, this situation feels a lot like the union not being able to get out of its own way and insisting on no restrictions on their time away from the field. 

There is the story over the weekend about how that nba player broke quarantine to go “pick up food” from a local strip club. I think he’s being officially disciplined for it. 

If the players just went between home and the ballpark, or the hotel and the ballpark when on the road, I don’t think we’d be seeing an issue like this one with the marlins. 

But I’m making an assumption. It’s also possible that no players are really to blame here and it’s simply a case of one player or person picking it up from some random thing like getting gas or picking up food or shopping for groceries, and that the outbreak happened based on summer camp workouts and time spent at the ballpark. 

We haven’t heard much about how well teams are maintaining social distancing inside the clubhouse and stuff like that. The safety protocols as far as player behavior were very permissive, with a lot of recommendations or suggestions but no actual mandates or consequences. 

The NFL is putting such restrictions on players.  If you get caught attending an "event" which you're not supposed to (bar, church, event with a bunch of hookers...I mean people) then you get fined.

That's what they should do.  

Actually what they should have done was make it so that if the team misses a game because of Covid19 and YOU caused it, nobody on the team gets paid.  That would keep those ****s in line and out of the strip clubs for a two damn months.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

I remember when Burrows and Funk were prospects.

And in fact our best prospects.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And in fact our best prospects.

I remember when Michael Fulmer was our best prospect...

11 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Reyes on base for the 3rd time. Stewart seeing his life passing before his eyes.

Maybin doesn't look good, either.

9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I remember when Michael Fulmer was our best prospect...

I've expressed plenty of reservations about M Fulmer, but throwing him out there now is strictly a freak of circumstances. He needs/needed to throw a few dozen innings before anyone, including him, has any idea what he's got.

Well gee whiz Castro, we bring you in there to hold the line, and you go and give up 2 more runs and let the game get away from us.

22 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Reyes on base for the 3rd time. Stewart seeing his life passing before his eyes.

I have Stewart down in the minors, and he might not come back even in September.

Funkhouser gets the L to go along with his shiny new 45.00 ERA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Goes well with his shiny new stache!

13 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

Folty dfa'd.

I can imagine a couple of Tiger arms joining him....🤢

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

maybe they will be happy that he seemed to be throwing pretty hard. You know - "something to build on"

d'ya s'pose somebody oughta to swing by and do a wellness check on Biggs?  😟

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I can imagine a couple of Tiger arms joining him....🤢

Marlins need help!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That was rough.

That's as diplomatic as I can be.

More fun tomorrow!

Disappointed that Burrows got roughed up,  I always had more of a blind faith in him than others so I was cautiously optimistic that he found something with the fluff pieces about him during camp and just how he looked there but after 1 appearance atleast it looks like he just doesn't have it.

Verlander was roughed up in his first outing in 2005.  I think young pitchers need to get comfortable and learn the little things and then keep learning what the batters are figuring out about their arsenal.  

Sounds like Jim Priceisms because they are Jim Priceisms.

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Florida did a **** job ..........their Governor was like the Mayor in "Jaws".    

Now that character was a 'classic' fellow!

Hopefully the Tigs have a good bullpen day on Tuesday...