Keepleyland2

7/25 @5:10 Detroit Tigers at Cincinnati Reds

Were Dan and Jim at the game? If not it certainly felt and sounded real enough. 

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Is FSD doing road games from a studio? Shep's call of the JaCoby homer was terrible.

It felt to me like they were relying on the camera feed. I noticed on the Cabrera home run they waited until the feed cut to his trot to make the call. If they were there they could have just looked to the 3rd base umpire for the call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Were Dan and Jim at the game? If not it certainly felt and sounded real enough. 

They mentioned at the start they're calling them all from Comerica this season.

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

Carson Fulmer was born in Lakeland, Florida. 

Why?   What am I missing on this guy........he's awful.  He wasn't even good in the minors.      Plus we have a Fulmer.  One Fulmer is all we need !

3 hours ago, 1776 said:

Carson Fulmer was born in Lakeland, Florida. 

As was Chris Sale. 

39 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Why?   What am I missing on this guy........he's awful.  He wasn't even good in the minors.      Plus we have a Fulmer.  One Fulmer is all we need !

8th overall pick in 2015...so he has the raw material. See if you change change something in his delivery or whatever. It's not like they have a lot of pitching depth at either level.

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

They mentioned at the start they're calling them all from Comerica this season.

Thanks. That’s totally rational and it puts the broadcasters in the least risky situation possible. Radio especially doesn’t make that big a difference if half the games played are created solely out of the studio.

• Like 1

From what I can tell Carson Fulmer’s outstanding qualities are that he has a pulse and his arm is still attached to his shoulder. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

From what I can tell Carson Fulmer’s outstanding qualities are that he has a pulse and his arm is still attached to his shoulder. 

And those two things, plus the ability to fog up a mirror, would be enough to justify a contract - if he were lefthanded.  Regrettably, he is righthanded.  It's possible that all we are doing is setting back his supervisory career at Walmart by a few months.

Now that I am in here, I have something that does not belong anywhere else - I just watched Sarah Cooper giving a keynote motivational speech from a few years ago, and she offered this inspirational quote: "Make sure that people remember your name" - Anonymous

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

they will hook him up in the motion capture suit and let the biomechanics sorceress do her thing. And after Skynet burns 16 quintillion CPU cycles on the data, the resulting discovery will be that he can't reproduce his delivery because of a malformed medial epicondyle. And he will say, "but I never felt a thing" and they will tell him not to argue with the machine, just schedule your surgery. 18mo later, Mr Cy Young.

OK, so there you have Avila's fantasy on Carson Fulmer. And if all that fantasy costs to indulge is McKay, no reason to begrudge him.

Exactly - no risk in sending McKay down. Odds are long Fulmer makes the right adjustments. Doesn't hurt to try 

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

they will hook him up in the motion capture suit and let the biomechanics sorceress do her thing. And after Skynet burns 16 quintillion CPU cycles on the data, the resulting discovery will be that he can't reproduce his delivery because of a malformed medial epicondyle. And he will say, "but I never felt a thing" and they will tell him not to argue with the machine, just schedule your surgery. 18mo later, Mr Cy Young.

OK, so there you have Avila's fantasy on Carson Fulmer. And if all that fantasy costs to indulge is McKay, no reason to begrudge him.

A lot of teams are employing these sorceress these days.  Its the latest technology.

16 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Check out where they were in home runs. Dead last, weren't they?

Next to last.  They hit three more than the Marlins.    Which means........they have contact hitting type players using a homerun hitting approach.    Put the D*** ball in play! 

12 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Tigers struck out 17 times today. 13 times yesterday. 30 K's in 2 games. I math goodly.

That's 5 innings per game that they are giving away by putting their tails between their legs and walking back to the dugout.   

They led the league in strikeouts last year averaging almost 10 Ks per game.   

39 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

Which means........they are have contact hitting type players using a homerun hitting approach. 

If only that were true. I don't think Stewart and Candelario, the two worst offenders, have  contact hitting skill either, they have just been bad hitters. It's frustrating with Candelario especially since he has turned into a pretty decent defensive 3b. And he looks nice in the box as a hitter - he just hasn't been  producing.

35 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If only that were true. I don't think Stewart and Candelario, the two worst offenders, have  contact hitting skill either, they have just been bad hitters. It's frustrating with Candelario especially since he has turned into a pretty decent defensive 3b. And he looks nice in the box as a hitter - he just hasn't been  producing.

Harold Castro will replace one of these guys. My guess is that we see Harold first in LF, possibly very soon. I think Candy gets a bit more time.

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

The Tigers had really nice success with Joey Wentz last August and so their confidence is raised. AA thinks they can do it again. No harm in that.

1 hour ago, roarintiger1 said:

That's 5 innings per game that they are giving away by putting their tails between their legs and walking back to the dugout.   

They led the league in strikeouts last year averaging almost 10 Ks per game.   

That's an easy target to complain about, but their biggest problem is doing very little when they do hit the ball. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

What's wrong with 1973?

I get it was no 1793, but still.

I gifted the world with my presence in 1973.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I don't see either player being here next year.   Stewart is Moya.   

signing carson fulmer is exactly what they should be doing.  taking chances on talented players.

its not likely to work out, but the upside is still there and its not like he's taking anyone's roster spot.

good move.

Agree. If he can pick up Zimm’s two innings per start he’s served his purpose.

On 7/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, Keepleyland2 said:

Should have signed Walker

walker: 7 ip, 1 hit, 2 bb, 8 ks.

you're right, why would we want to sign that guy?  lol.