Keepleyland2

7/25 @5:10 Detroit Tigers at Cincinnati Reds

42 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Two runs today?

Just wait until the weather heats up.

Several different hitters in the Tiger lineup this year...........but Legendary Lloyd is still teaching his strikeout philosophy.........even without the title of hitting coach.

The Tigers led the league in strikeouts and were second to last in bases on balls last year.   It appears that as long as Lloyd is with this team this is not going to change. The Tiger hitters recognition of the the strike zone is horrible.   

Put the d*** ball in play. 

Without fans there to tell pitchers to get outs and batters to score runs,......, ugh,.... this team is screwed. 

3 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

Several different hitters in the Tiger lineup this year...........but Legendary Lloyd is still teaching his strikeout philosophy.........even without the title of hitting coach.

The Tigers led the league in strikeouts and were second to last in bases on balls last year.   It appears that as long as Lloyd is with this team this is not going to change. The Tiger hitters recognition of the the strike zone is horrible.   

What is this 1973?

15 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Detroit Tigers at Cincinnati Reds

Game 2

0-1

baseball.png?w=980&q=75

Detroit Tigers oddity: April 17, 2011

What happened: That time Verlander forgot how to baseball and had the worst balk ever

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/56574/Justin-Verlander-commits-the-balk-of-the-year-After-Hitting-David-DeJesus/

Lmao..I remember that game. And to think he came back from that brainfart to win the Cy Young and the MVP awards...lol

4 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

Check out where they were in home runs. Dead last, weren't they?

Matt Davidson of the Reds has tested positive for COVID-19.   

I have a feeling, since there is a 2 day lag, that some team is going to have a bunch of positives right out of the gate in the first week (Nationals, Yankees, Reds & Tigers are early favorites) and that's gonna be that.    

The good news is this team will not set the record for most losses in franchise history.  Other good news is that they are in the lead for the #1 pick in the draft again.

So many positives after just 1 game.  It's amazing.

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Matt Davidson of the Reds has tested positive for COVID-19.   

I have a feeling, since there is a 2 day lag, that some team is going to have a bunch of positives right out of the gate in the first week (Nationals, Yankees, Reds & Tigers are early favorites) and that's gonna be that.    

As long as they can keep the volume down to something they can characterize as a "trickle", I think they're going to keep going until someone working in baseball dies. It wouldn't even have to be a player or coach—it could be a clubhouse attendant or TV cameraman or grounds crew member. But the moment someone dies, the noise it generates is going to be too great even for Baseball to ignore. And if that happens, it might take all the other sports down with it.

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As long as they can keep the volume down to something they can characterize as a "trickle", I think they're going to keep going until someone working in baseball dies. It wouldn't even have to be a player or coach—it could be a clubhouse attendant or TV cameraman or grounds crew member. But the moment someone dies, the noise it generates is going to be too great even for Baseball to ignore. And if that happens, it might take all the other sports down with it.

What happens if an entire team or 75% of a team tests positive?   Keep in mind Juan Soto is not sick, he's positive and he spent 2 days with his teammates.   

Tigers picked up Carson Fulmer off waivers,  he was a 2015 First round pick of the White Sox.  Not a bad guy to take a flyer on.imo

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What happens if an entire team or 75% of a team tests positive?

The Tigers might be able to get a win if they are playing them.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What happens if an entire team or 75% of a team tests positive?   Keep in mind Juan Soto is not sick, he's positive and he spent 2 days with his teammates.   

A positive test rate of 75% can't be passed off as a trickle, so I believe it's not going to have to get even remotely that far along to call off the season. I'd think 20% of players and coaches testing positive would be enough to stoke valid concerns about continuing with the season.

Of course, I would expect Baseball to hide cases to the degree they can, or at least try to find a way to, because they now that they're into it, I don't see why they'd want to pull the plug now. They want desperately to make it to October because that's where the money really is. I don't see how they'd get away with such a cover-up, but they are powerful with powerful friends in high places, so if anyone could get away with it, they'd be a good candidate to.

Anyhow, it's not just about how sick Juan Soto himself is. It's also how sick he can make all the people around him, including older coaches, field personnel, etc. Multiply him by eight, multiple again by 30, and I think that would be more than enough to force Baseball to s***can the season.

Just now, Tigermania said:

The Tigers might be able to get a win if they are playing them.  

Solid joke. Pleased to give you your first reaction.

22 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It's also important to remember just cause you are around, even close, to someone with COVID doesn't guarantee you will be infected. 

10 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

It's also important to remember just cause you are around, even close, to someone with COVID doesn't guarantee you will be infected. 

This is technically true, but the safest approach is to assume that it is guaranteed that if someone is exposed to COVID, they'll be infected. Otherwise, it's gambling.